PDA

View Full Version : The best book and movie ever wrote and filmed...

Dr.X
05-26-2006, 02:32 AM
One of the greatest books and movies ever is none other than, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It's the true story of what happened to Hunter S. Thompson and Oscar Zeta Acosta on their trip to Las Vegas to cover a race and a national DA convention. Of course they both used pseudonyms, because some crazy stuff went down in this book/movie. The movie as usual, didn't do the book justice, but it did a pretty damn good job. The movie stars Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro as Raoul Duke and Dr. Gonzo.

~SapphireStar~
05-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Nah, the best book, movie ever wrote and filmed is To Kill a Mockingbird or The Green Mile.

tailz
05-26-2006, 12:40 PM
id still say lord of the rings its still my favorite film/book by far, I like the book better.

just so you know I am so definatly NOT a lotr freak, I still think other films and books to be very good but some even temporarily better. Its not like i say after every book i read/ film i see. "pfff lotr is way better."

Cid Vicious
05-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Nah, the best book, movie ever wrote and filmed is To Kill a Mockingbird or The Green Mile.To Kill A Mockingbird would be my number one.

Lolita, Lord Of The Flies, Schindler's List, The Godfather and Dr Stranglove are brilliant too.

Chris
05-26-2006, 01:39 PM
The Bridges of Madison County. One of the best books/ movies ever made.

Perducci
05-26-2006, 02:33 PM
I thought 'Of Mice and Men' was pretty awesome. :cool:

fantasyjunkie
05-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Lord of the Rings for me, I've read it once a year since High School in the 80's. To Kill a Mockingbird is REALLY good too!

Spatvark
05-26-2006, 03:40 PM
The Shawshank Redemption.

~SapphireStar~
05-26-2006, 03:45 PM
I thought LOTRs, but the book took me ages to get through. Well written and well filmed, but it would never be my number one. Also maybe "Stand By Me", although the book is called "The Body" I think. That was ok.

GooeyToast
05-26-2006, 09:19 PM
The Shawshank Redemption.

Agreed. To Kill A Mockingbird was a good movie, but they switched a lot of things around from the book and I just don't think it can compare. Shawshank though, is damn near perfect.

Fear & Loathing is an awesome movie, Johnny Depp is so freaking versitle it's insane. I remember first watching this on Halloween. What an experience :D

eestlinc
05-26-2006, 09:40 PM
A Clockwork Orange, although Kubrick made the movie off the American version of the book which had the last chapter removed.

GooeyToast
05-26-2006, 10:07 PM
A Clockwork Orange, although Kubrick made the movie off the American version of the book which had the last chapter removed.

And quite frankly, I'm glad he did. It was the perfect ending :D

Dr.X
05-26-2006, 10:28 PM
A Clockwork Orange, was great, but the book was a true work of art. It was way better than the movie could've ever hoped to be. The movie was still good though, even though there are large gaps in it.