PDA

View Full Version : PSP vs DS. A pro's opinion.

KentaRawr!
05-26-2006, 05:19 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6405445518216376043&q=ds

This is something I find to be the greatest of all observations. I mean, who knew. I always thought DS cards had a gigabyte, but man was I fooled. I've been tricked by Nintendo. It's actually a gigaFLOP. GigaFLOP? Sounds bad to me. Also, he makes a good point about the Touch Screen taking up too many battery lives. I mean, I can't find 1-ups everywhere. >=O And I think he makes a good point about how the DS is $300 and can only charge while hooked up to the wall. But the main thing here is the fact that the DS cannot be used as a controller for the PS3. TAKE THAT NINTENDO! :)

Edit: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=902109023681812200&q=ds Aha! It seems this person see's the other side of the mirror, too. This is alot more believable though. He makes a good point that the PS3 is uber expensive, like, $800! >=O $100 for each game! And it's FLAT!! And it destroyed half a town because it's so badly designed they're trying to destroy EARTH!!! And the wide-screen is stupid, too. Not only that, but if the battery is low, you have to recharge it.

Yeah, I don't take the videos seriously. :p They're too wrong to be true. But I wanted to know what you guys think of it. So, yeah. DISCUSS!

Yamaneko
05-26-2006, 05:24 AM
Is this guy drunk?

Nintendo never fooled anyone. People just don't know the difference between a gigabyte and a gigabit.

KentaRawr!
05-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Is this guy drunk?

Nintendo never fooled anyone. People just don't know the difference between a gigabyte and a gigabit.

I do believe you mean a gigaFLOP. :cool:

RSL
05-26-2006, 05:29 AM
Hopefully this is a joke.

I liked how he criticized Nintendo for being a Japanese company, but failed to mention that Sony is as well!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-26-2006, 05:37 AM
If it weren't already horribly obvious that it's a joke, there's a parallel "PSP sucks" video linked from that one. I can't trust you guys with anything anymore.

RSL
05-26-2006, 05:39 AM
Oh wow, I'm not about to sit through the PSP one.

Shoeberto
05-26-2006, 05:41 AM
I saw it linked on a Nintendo fansite, and my only thought was "Wow, that dude looks like Yoshi from TSS." Otherwise it was kind of boring. Obviously a joke, too, but that's already been pointed out.

ThaJinx
05-26-2006, 05:47 AM
This is horrible and somewhat awesome. More the former.

Agent Proto
05-26-2006, 06:21 AM
I thought it was RSL at first, but then I realized that RSL isn't that dumb to begin with. My mistake RSL!

Dreddz
05-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Its Fake, how can the touch screen drain battery :rolleyes2
I think its pretty funny though :p

KentaRawr!
05-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Its Fake, how can the touch screen drain battery :rolleyes2
I think its pretty funny though :p

Plus, as Kishi pointed out, there's a PSP SUCKS video as well. Oddly enough, it makes alot more sense. :O

Mirage
05-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Man, that was boring even though I was just listening to it while doing other stuff. I stopped 3 minutes into it. I didn't find it amusing at all.

Elite Lord Sigma
05-26-2006, 09:23 PM
What was this guy on when he was writing this article?

Maxico
05-26-2006, 09:26 PM
What was this guy on when he was writing this article?

The false assumption that he was funny.

ljkkjlcm9
05-26-2006, 10:43 PM
actually the battery will last a lot longer if you play a GBA game with only one screen, so the Dual Screens does make the battery run out faster, but it's still a longer battery life than a PSP.

I'm not even bothering to watch, because the DS is so obviously better than the PSP.

THE JACKEL

runouni k master
06-20-2006, 06:46 AM
what ever the psp still has beter graphickes

Markus. D
06-20-2006, 07:00 AM
perhaps, but it lacks in fun games.

Reine
06-20-2006, 07:11 AM
perhaps, but it lacks in fun games.

The good games are still coming out, thats why.

As for now, these current games are pure awesome. I havent played all of the current games however

Tales of Eternia!
Breath of Fire III!

MONSTER HUNTER: FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Tales of Eternia!
Breath of Fire III!Ports of games we played years ago? Awesome!

Reine
06-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Tales of Eternia is brand new for us in PAL areas, not including the people who downloaded it at some point.

Breath of Fire 3 was released here, but was quite rare, i never ever saw more than one copy, and when I did, I didnt have enough for it...

It just needs time, imo. I myself havent seen many interesting games on the DS, far less in fact than stuff for PSP. I guess it all depends on what you like to play and do with stuff. I use my PSP for music and movies mainly, but after getting Monster Hunter Freedom, ive been glued to that game almost nonstop.

The PSP shows a lot of promise in my eyes, and only with the DS Lite and the new FF3 info, have I been somewhat interested in getting a DS....

~SapphireStar~
06-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Tales of Eternia is brand new for us in PAL areas, not including the people who downloaded it at some point.

Breath of Fire 3 was released here, but was quite rare, i never ever saw more than one copy, and when I did, I didnt have enough for it...
I managed to secure both of them, but ToE was a copy. BoF3 is sitting happily amongst my PS1 collection. The PSP is good for travelling or in my case when I visit my family. When Im bored I have games, movies and music to entertain me.