PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering about the whole FFVII: Reminisce thing

Sephex
05-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Okay, here is the situation.

I recently got a girlfriend, and last night while she was at my apartment I started to talk about FFVII related stuff with her. I was joking around about how she could dress as Aeris (mainly because she has a skinny frame with VERY long hair) and I was trying to find the best possible picture of her just for fun. We were looking through the FFVII instruction booklet when I decided it would be a good idea to show her clips of FFVII:AC because, obviously, the movie shows the best possible detail of how the characters look.

We watched one fight scene and she said that she wants to see the whole movie now. I explained to her that the movie is very difficult to follow because they made it assuming the viewer has played through the game. However, I did explain to her about how the Reminisce feature could help understand the jist of what happened in FFVII--especially since it mainly focuses on scenes that relate to the movie.

So we are going to watch the feature and then the actual movie next time we have time to do it. What's my question, finally?

Have you ever shown the Reminisce feature followed by the movie to someone who never played FFVII before? If so, did they understand the basics of the story of FFVII and AC along with the connection between the two?

I'm just trying to prepare myself for how much stuff I will have to explain.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-27-2006, 03:55 PM
why would i wanna do tht?

Mirage
05-27-2006, 05:26 PM
To introduce new fans perhaps? I'm personally planning on making my girlfriend play an entire Final Fantasy game instead :), I just don't know which would be most appropriate for her. I think many of the stories will interest her, I'm just afraid that she's going to get bored of the gameplay :o.

BG-57
05-31-2006, 01:53 AM
For comparison, I once tried to explain FFX to my brother, who hadn't played it at that point. It took me about three hours.

Reminisces is like the Cliff Notes of FFVII: it'll explain the overall plot, but not all of the details.

However, since the subtitles are a more literal translation of the Japanese dialogue, it explains things like Jenova and Renunion better than the English game script did.