PDA

View Full Version : Main Character

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-27-2006, 03:15 AM
Do you guys ever wonder why Square made Zidane the main character in Final Fantasy IX? I mean the game's storyline doesn't even focus on Monkey Bones until the third or fourth disc.::confused:

Darth Cid
05-27-2006, 04:13 AM
Do you guys ever wonder why Square made Zidane the main character in Final Fantasy IX?

Zidane: Nope. Zidane was calling the shots throughout the game, that's why. Just because the story focuses on you doesn't mean you're the lead character, the lead character show leader-...wait I'm contradicting Cloud and Squall, never mind.

Eiko Guy
05-27-2006, 05:43 AM
he's the main character because he is

if it wasnt him it would have been some random cartoon person that they drew jst like zidane and all othr rpg characters

Skyie
05-28-2006, 02:23 PM
If not Zidane, then who? Vivi lacks charisma despite going on his journey of self discovery, Garnet becomes almost useless in Disc 3, Steiner and Freya aren't in a lot of Disc 2, Eiko and Amarant only turn up near the end of Disc 2 and Quina isn't the most inspiring either.

Zidane is in (almost) every single bit of the game and he guides the team throughout the entirety of the game. Hell, without him, they would've gotten stuck in the Ice Cavern. That would suck.

Darth Cid
05-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Zidane: He also keeps the team sane. He tries to keep everyone calm so they don't just rush into trouble.

Captain Maxx Power
05-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Easy. They had a vote and everyone voted for themselves with two hands. However since Zidane has a tail he just held it up and counted for three. The system works.

Quindiana Jones
05-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Nah, they picked him because he'd be the most fun. He's 16. That equals horny stoner. Tada! I mean, Ice Cavern Waltz: didn't exist. While everyone was having a rest with the moogle, Zidane did a little...thing, and imagined it all. Kids these days, eh?

Fantasy Fan
05-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Zidane is the main character because he gets the job done. Vivi is too scared, Garnet is too royal, Steiner is too clumsy, Amarant is too arogant, Quina might be able to do it if there's no food around, Eiko is too innocent, Freija is too depressed and Beatrix is too vain.

Yliette
05-30-2006, 05:27 AM
I agree too that Zidane is the main protagonist of FFIX but I can't help but notice that most of the FMVs in the game are focused dominantly on Garnet...

G13
05-30-2006, 06:24 AM
Just imagine what the game would be like if Quina was the main character. Oh, and this.......

Nah, they picked him because he'd be the most fun. He's 16. That equals horny stoner. Tada! I mean, Ice Cavern Waltz: didn't exist. While everyone was having a rest with the moogle, Zidane did a little...thing, and imagined it all. Kids these days, eh?

.......was the greatest thing I have ever read in my life.:quina: :up:

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 06:54 AM
Because he is. Really, nothing more than that.

And duh, the startling revelation you should've seen coming always happens near the end of the story!

DarkLadyNyara
05-30-2006, 08:54 AM
They had a vote and everyone voted for themselves with two hands. However since Zidane has a tail he just held it up and counted for three.
Hah! Brilliant. :D

Zidane is what brings them all together. He is sort of the focus of the party. Plus, he has a tail. :D

Quindiana Jones
05-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Just imagine what the game would be like if Quina was the main character. Oh, and this.......

.......was the greatest thing I have ever read in my life.:quina: :up:

:D I like you :D:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Fantasy Fan
05-30-2006, 07:11 PM
I agree too that Zidane is the main protagonist of FFIX but I can't help but notice that most of the FMVs in the game are focused dominantly on Garnet...
Kinda like Locke and Terra. But that's off-topicity :D

boys from the dwarf
05-30-2006, 07:16 PM
the story would completely fall apart without him. he may not seem important but if you think about it hes very important.

Chris
05-30-2006, 09:38 PM
The overall story was build around Zidane most of the time. So no! I am not surprised that they made him the main character! Not at all.

~SapphireStar~
05-30-2006, 11:00 PM
I agree with Chris. The story focused on Zidane for 90% of the game, so it would have been pointless to have another character as the games main protagonist. He is Final Fantasy 9.

Darth Cid
05-31-2006, 03:41 AM
I agree with Chris. The story focused on Zidane for 90% of the game, so it would have been pointless to have another character as the games main protagonist. He is Final Fantasy 9.

Zidane: ZOMG, ~SapphireStar~ is posting here again everyone flame her and tell her to go back to FFVIII! Nah, I'm just kidding, ~SS~, yes, I agree with you, Zidane takes up alot of the story, the game revolves him thinking about several things, Garnet, Brahne's evil plans, Garnet, what Kuja's up to, Garnet, where Zidane is from, did I mention Garnet? Zidane taking up the story? Yeah, and sometimes that can be a turn off for some, but consider this: there are several fan fiction artists who think the way we think and write side stories about the other characters. If one keeps that sidestory in their minds as they play, it gives importance to the other characters, though it may be imagination, and if that doesn't work...well, Zidane's the only humanoid person on Gaia with a tail like his, he sticks out like a sorethumb, so it's natural for the story to have all eyes on Zidane.