PDA

View Full Version : Overdrive Problem

Gloc 9
05-27-2006, 03:23 AM
ok i dont know if anyone has said this, but my top fighters are Kimahri, Tidus, and Auron. Ok so, i dont know if this happens to my other fighters, but my overdrive charge is acting really lame. B4 i put it to warrior so tht every time i hit an enemy it would charge, and with their celestial weapons, they should charge faster. But for some odd reason, i was playing and it didnt charge by 3x or 4x or w/e it is thts supposed to charge, so i changed it to the one that every time its ur turn, u gain it.

Basically, it doesnt charge as fast as it used to when i was on warrior. and my characters hit for 99,999 each hit, but i dont know if damage is a factor, even though its called WARRIOR. But i dont, i jst dont know why its charges slower now.

rubah
05-27-2006, 04:09 AM
You have to have a weapon with SOS, Double, or Triple Overdrive for it to go faster. Did you have something like that on before that you deequipped?

There's a guide on gamefaqs about the overdrive charging formulas if you want to study up on those, it'll tell you how it's calculated.

Tavrobel
05-27-2006, 04:26 AM
It's not acting lame. Overdrive in Warrior fills in proportion based on how much MAXIMUM damage you can do. Say at 150 Strength, you deal 99999 to a Dingo, you will receive the full recharge, since that is the MAX you do.

If your stats were at 255, then you are NOT doing the MAX you can do, because all attacks cap off at 99999, and therefore, the Overdrive bar fills slower.

farplaner
05-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Once you get to that point, and using celestial weapons with 3x overdrive, you should switch everyone's mode to "victor." In this mode all overdrives will be recharged every other battle regardless of damage or whatever else.

Sergeant Hartman
05-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Use 'Ally'. You get more turns than attacks.

farplaner
05-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Use 'Ally'. You get more turns than attacks.

yeah, but if you are fighting battles that are won with one or two attacks, ally will take forever...

Sain Cai
05-27-2006, 05:58 PM
if you have the celestial weapons, then I would suggest using slayer. The guage should fill like 60% each kill

Gloc 9
05-27-2006, 06:57 PM
oh ok thanks everyone