PDA

View Full Version : Translation?

Moon Rabbits
05-27-2006, 04:16 AM
So I really want to play a fan-translated rom of FF2, I found a Demi-Force one but I heard that his aren't too well done.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

(I searched for a similar post about this, but couldn't find one. Sorry if there already is a post like this)

rubah
05-27-2006, 04:57 AM
why do people always make a big deal out of translations? Anyone who has read Friendle should know that words are customizable.

I would assume that some group out there has put together a rom with the origins script, or the DoS version.

Moon Rabbits
05-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Well I played the Demi Force one and it has random funny symbols in the battle messages. That and I've heard some of his are horrible.

DJZen
05-28-2006, 02:10 PM
The Demiforce story translation is fine. It's kind of wooden, but there's no Engrish. The bad thing about their translation is how much they mangled the names of things. When the spell that cures temporary ailments is called "peep", and the poison elemental spell is called "aero", you've got problems. The enemy names are also a little odd (and in some cases horribly wrong), but that's really just nit-picking.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-28-2006, 06:14 PM
They called Beelzebub "Satan"! Unacceptable. The unfinished Square translation with rampant Engrish and PIRETES is clearly superior.

Moon Rabbits
05-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Mleh, I guess I'm stuck with DemiForce's translation since I can't seem to find any other ones. Oh well, off to play I go.

DJZen
05-29-2006, 03:33 PM
They called Beelzebub "Satan"! Unacceptable. The unfinished Square translation with rampant Engrish and PIRETES is clearly superior.

Yeah, I'd obviously be complaining about that as opposed to renaming "Goblin Prince" to "DesAngel" or changing "Spider Silk" to the ambiguous "Thread". You're right, I would absolutely have beef with minor, irrelevant changes that don't affect gameplay whatsoever, and I couldn't possibly be referring to changes which can cause confusion on the part of the player. This is why you always see me griping that "Oricalcum" got changed to "Orhacon". THE NERVE!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-30-2006, 01:14 AM
We are all in here because of that old man's Xtal Rod!!

DJZen
05-30-2006, 02:19 AM
What are doing looking at old men's rods?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-30-2006, 02:36 AM
I could ask you the same thing.

Captain Maxx Power
05-30-2006, 11:18 AM
While we're on the subject I've mentioned Pirates 89 times, Red Mages 68 times, and Pirate Red Mages 28 times. I have never mentioned Sasquatch* ever.

*Does not include this post, where I quite obviously mention it