PDA

View Full Version : Paradox Cup

Cruise Control
05-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Not your standard n00b thread. I need help with match 31-40. They are cerberus cup rules (drives can be used alone, fills uber fast). What drive should I use on what matches. I've taken to using master a lot because of Thundaga when used in master form.

Tavrobel
05-27-2006, 02:19 PM
If you are confortable using Master, use it for the first couple of matches. However, I strongly suggest Final Form, since all the forms are at level 5 or higher.

Of course, this also depends on your build (Strength or Magic stat), depending on which is higher. Final Form does tend to attack faster, and the Magic Spells are generally better, but if you've never learned how to use it properly, then it could be a problem.

You'll DEFINITELY want Final for the last match (#40), because Cloud and Leon are almost completely Magic Immune, and you need that attack speed in order to deflect most of their attacks and continue a combo.

Ultima Weapon (Sora)
Oblivion/Fenrir (Final Form)

Cruise Control
05-27-2006, 10:35 PM
I need help.

I'm built for attacks, Ultima/Fenririn master, Ultima/Oathkeeper in Final
Round 1: Master-Magnega, Thundaga (usually run out of MP killing the Berserker)
Round 2: Master-Glide around (see above)
Round 3: Wisdom-Master runs out and I switch to Wisdom in prep for the next round. Shoot, or Magnega and shoot
Round 4: Wisdom-Magnega shoot. I ALMOST ALWAYS DIE DAMNED CUBES
Round 5: W/E the heck I feel like. I refill my drive bar and MP here.
Round 6: Final-Magnega/Thundaga, then pwn the last one with attack while MP refills.
Round 7: Final- till the initial set is gone, then Master
Round 8: Master-Magnega/Thundaga DIES FREQUENTLY
Round 9: Master till I'm down to one, I get hit enought to fill the bart, go into final and win.
Round 40: Pwned by a meteor.

Im very comfy with this pattern but it doesn't work.

Tavrobel
05-28-2006, 12:08 AM
I need help.

I'm built for attacks, Ultima/Fenririn master, Ultima/Oathkeeper in Final
Round 1: Master-Magnega, Thundaga (usually run out of MP killing the Berserker)
Round 2: Master-Glide around (see above)
Round 3: Wisdom-Master runs out and I switch to Wisdom in prep for the next round. Shoot, or Magnega and shoot
Round 4: Wisdom-Magnega shoot. I ALMOST ALWAYS DIE DAMNED CUBES
Round 5: W/E the heck I feel like. I refill my drive bar and MP here.
Round 6: Final-Magnega/Thundaga, then pwn the last one with attack while MP refills.
Round 7: Final- till the initial set is gone, then Master
Round 8: Master-Magnega/Thundaga DIES FREQUENTLY
Round 9: Master till I'm down to one, I get hit enought to fill the bart, go into final and win.
Round 40: Pwned by a meteor.

Im very comfy with this pattern but it doesn't work.

You'll probably want Fenrir in your Final Form, and Oblivion or Bond of Flame in your Master form. I got through by using Final Form on all the matches; either just mashing X, or using Magnega as necessary. when you get to the Rapid Thruster match (the swarm of enemies), use Wisdom, and Magnega/Thundaga, since it's faster, and somewhat less of a waste.

Since I got through with Final no problem, you'll probably want to get used to playing Final w/ Fenrir. It does lots of damage, is very fast, and often deflects attacks out of nowhere.

Don't play conservatively. If you have to get hit, get hit, because it fills the Drive Bars very quickly if you don't have a Form on. Don't forget to equip Form Boost; after all, you get 9 Bars for Final. I would probably want to stop using Wisdom, especially since your Strength Stat is higher than your Magic, and you'll probably get to 7 bars before you even know it.

Unfortunately, it's been awhile since I did the Paradox cups, and I'm too lazy to try and turn on my PS2.

If you need more help, PM me, or something. Or post your stats; they are probably higher than mine at the time, since everyone plays a different way in KHII.

Cruise Control
05-28-2006, 01:49 AM
But, I'm level 70, and I can't beat the two sorcerers.

Halenite
05-28-2006, 02:28 AM
well, the battle level of the hades paradox cup is 99, you may want to level up a bit.

also, I used final form in all the fights and spammed the X button.

Eiko Guy
05-28-2006, 03:48 AM
how do you get 1300 points in that one tournament

Tavrobel
05-28-2006, 04:33 AM
But, I'm level 70, and I can't beat the two sorcerers.

OHH! That's your problem, you don;t know how to beat the Sorcerors. Even in WtNW, they can be rather difficult.

Sorcerors are magic-immune (all magic), so go with Final Form. Stay away for the first five seconds when the make the cubes attack you, and then jump through the crack and blow them up. You'll probably want to level to at least 80 from this point on. This one may be easy because of the Drive forms, but you won't survive the last level 40 levels.