PDA

View Full Version : need some help...

kain_ex
05-27-2006, 08:17 AM
well, i'm having 2 problems:
1: i can't defeat chac from via infinito, that delay buster strategy isn't working very well to me... anyone has another effective strategy?

2: i want a GENERAL way to unlock the chocobo dungeon. some people say we need to send the chocobos only to calm lands, another say its for the world, another say we only need to dispatch lvl 5 chocobos... WELL??

thx anyway =)

farplaner
05-27-2006, 09:26 AM
that delay buster strategy is the only one I've used. It worked pretty well once I got the timing down. You are using three thieves?

As for the chocobo dungeon, that's one that is annoying me as well. Apparently you don't have to send them all to any specific area- maybe just send each to an area for which they are well-suited i.e: bold chocobos are well-suited to the calm lands.

However it isn't as simple as sending them out. you have to send them out at each level until they all reach level five, and then send them out and talk to clasko (sorry I can't be more specific, but there are other threads about this. Maybe check those out).

BG-57
05-27-2006, 12:28 PM
I fought the Oversouled version with the Trigger Happy and Catnip combo. As as long as you can cure petrification in time and the other two can survive Heaven's Cataract, you can win this way.

For the record, you need to send out 15 different chocobos (three of each level) and have them all return safely. Then you have to exit the ranch and return and then Clasko will mention something about uncovering a new dungeon.

It doesn't matter what the personalities are or where they are sent, but you can't reuse any chocobos, even if you level them up. They way I did this was as follows, since I only had space for 14 chocobos:

1) I sent out three level 1 chocobos, and saved when they got back.

2) I sent out three level 2 chocobos and saved when they got back.

3) I dismissed those six chocobos and then captured a bunch of replacements. I then leveled them up as much as possible, and made a note of which ones could reach which levels. I then reset and dismissed the ones that couldn't go beyond level 2. Then I replaced them.

4) Once I had nine that could include three of each of the remaining levels, I leveled them up.

5) I sent out three level 3 chocobos, and saved when they got back.

6) I sent out three level 4 chocobos and saved when they got back.

7) I sent out three level 5 chocobos and saved when they got back. There had to be a fourth level 5 Choco-Runner although it it didn't need to be sent out. In addition, this fourth Choco-Runner could be one of the earlier ones that was leveled up, since it's not being sent again.

I had to reset a couple of times when one of them wandered off. I did try to match the personality of the chocobos to the places I sent them.

I never restored the heart of any of my Choco-Runners so I could keep track of the ones that were already sent.

Night_Blade
05-27-2006, 09:26 PM
i go by my tactic. master every move for a dressphere for a charatar and move on. i killed vegnagun and shuyin with only:

yuna:gunner
rikku:alchemist
Paine:warrior

i kicked ass.

farplaner
05-27-2006, 10:04 PM
BG-57:

The first time I opened the chocobo dungeon I followed a common faq that uses THE SAME four chocobos who could all level up to lv. 5, how do you figure the choco's have to be replaced after running?

HolyMackeral
05-27-2006, 10:13 PM
farplaner is right, you can send out 3 level 1 chocobos, then level them to level 2, send them out again, rinse and repeat till they are level 5 and have been sent.

BG-57
05-28-2006, 01:40 AM
I followed the official strategy guide's advice.

farplaner
05-28-2006, 06:13 AM
I followed the official strategy guide's advice.

...OK, the guide's way is not the only way to do it, just to clarify.

Dell
05-28-2006, 07:06 AM
i go by my tactic. master every move for a dressphere for a charatar and move on. i killed vegnagun and shuyin with only:

yuna:gunner
rikku:alchemist
Paine:warrior

i kicked ass.

He/she ask for the startegy to defeat Chac not Shuyin or Vegnagun.

Chac have +300000 HP.

kain_ex
06-01-2006, 12:37 AM
He/she ask for the startegy to defeat Chac not Shuyin or Vegnagun.

Chac have +300000 HP.

hmm, thanks for advising... to be more specific Chac has 437850 HP, and about 460000 if it Oversouls... I couldn't make it with the delay buster strategy (2 warriors with sword tome + haste, 1 healer) so I Oversouled him to make the battle easier and eventually won. One tip: when chac oversouls and petrify one girl, depending on her magical defense, Chac's physical attacks at the petrified girl'll just miss and he didn't casted heaven's cataract on me... luck?

well, about the choco dungeon thx for the strategys also, but I finally could open it this way: sent 4 chocobos lvl 1 at 4 random locations at spira, then 4 chocobos lvl 2 at 4 random locations, and etc. when it was lvl 5 I did the same thing, then I left the ranch and came back, that funny scene appeared.

P.S: At each new lvl for chocobos, I've catch new ones to send... don't know if needed this, but well... it worked!!

well, now I'm stuck in cloisters 90+ ^^

BG-57
06-01-2006, 12:04 PM
You can run away from battles starting at level 90 and on. I did, and the only way the game 'punishes' you is by lowering the amount of damage Finale does (a skill you can get from The End Garment Grid). It's kind of like the Brave Knife in FFV.

You definately want to Oversoul Paragon. He just sits there for the first few rounds and lets you cast protective magic, doubling HP, etc.

kain_ex
06-01-2006, 06:36 PM
You can run away from battles starting at level 90 and on. I did, and the only way the game 'punishes' you is by lowering the amount of damage Finale does (a skill you can get from The End Garment Grid). It's kind of like the Brave Knife in FFV.

You definately want to Oversoul Paragon. He just sits there for the first few rounds and lets you cast protective magic, doubling HP, etc.

yup, I know I could run from battles, but how yuna was lvl 95 still, I didn't ran from any encounters (except Chac).

about Paragon, I heard he always misses his physical attacks when Oversouled, but it casts Big Bang. Big Bang is THAT powerful really?

BG-57
06-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah, he misses a lot when Oversouled.

I never provoked him into casting Big Bang. Things that ignore Shell and Protect effects (like Darkness) tend to set him off. I doubt it's fatal though if you're prepared.

With Higher Power Garment Grid and time to put up Protect and Shell, the only one that kept dying was Yuna, since she was a Gunner in critical with Catnip.

kain_ex
06-03-2006, 04:10 AM
thx for all the help people, I finished Via Infinito and the game =)

btw.... wasn't it a bit strange? The final battle was just ridiculous, I killed Shuyin in 2 turns... I'm thinking this is kinda dumb... the only difficulty in the game concentrated only in that place? Gosh...

but BG, I've upset Paragon's off (casted Darkness sometimes) and he used first Genesis, then Big Bang. Genesis is breather if we can compare the things, my 3 girls survived Genesis, but Big Bang took them off 999999 HP each (YES, 999999 HP!!). I don't think there's a way to survive this thing... there is?

BG-57
06-03-2006, 02:43 PM
That's FFX-2 for you, very easy except for Via Infinito which is very hard. :eep:

That's damage beyond the maximum possible HP (99,999 I believe), so nobody can survive it. You might be able to have characters revive themselves if they equipped the Salvation Promised Garment Grid and used Auto-Life ahead of time.

silverjunky
12-31-2006, 03:54 PM
the easy way to open the chocobo ruins caves :
once you have clasko in the chocobo ranch and can catch chocobos which gysahl greens in battles just catch them anytime you come across one.
in chapter five go to his ranch and go to each chocobo, in chapter five the chocobo will now show how high level wise it can get. Make sure you have four chocobo who can get to level 5 and make them your runners (if not dismiss until you have space for four more and go and catch some) p.s chocobos will be least likely to runaway if you have a full compliment of 14 in the chocobo ranch.
once you have four runners who can all reach level five, preferably all bold ones. then send them out to either calm lands or djose road, go out to calm lands and fight seven battles come back SAVE YOUR GAME, and talk to clasko as long as each chocobo comes back and HAS SUCCESFULLY FOUND TREASURE you can then level them up to the next level, rinse and repeat until all are at level five send them out one final time fight seven battles and go back into chocobo ranch and you will get a scene heralding the opening of the ruins.
p.s if you come back after fighting 7 times and find a chocobo has runaway soft reset the game, as chocobos running away is decided pretty much randomly so in another playthrough they might not runaway at all.