PDA

View Full Version : Best attack strategy in this game?

Peter_20
05-27-2006, 02:25 PM
I personally always had a thing for Edgar's AutoCrossbow. :)
At first you might think it's this typical "damage all enemies by pathetically small DMG numbers" thingy, but if you boost Edgar's Vigour to 128, it'll actually start dealing 9999 DMG to ALL enemies EVERY TIME!
It's just like a free, quick Ultima. :eek:
Can't get any better. :cool:

Then there's of course Merton, the one that hurts your enemies by mega-huge amounts, and also heals all Flame Shield-equipped chars. :D

Slothy
05-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Vanish Doom. :rolleyes2

Anyway, I was never really into overthinking battle strategies in this game, expecially since it's not a difficult game. My favorite party was usually Terra, Edgar, Sabin and Celes, so I would just beat down my enemies with chainsaw, aurabolt, and strong magic. Osmose is godly for magic users.

Captain Maxx Power
05-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Gem Box + Economizer = Death all round. Kind of makes melee attacks obsolete.

ljkkjlcm9
05-27-2006, 08:07 PM
I still like Cyan with Quick and then a few Quadra Slice.... I love when he laughs... MWAHAHA

THE JACKEL

Madonna
05-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Have your first character attack. Attack with your second character. Following suit, the third character also attacks. And as the anti-conformist, Gogo mimes instead.

It has almost never, never failed me.

solidusoul
05-28-2006, 02:07 AM
Setzer, Shadow, or Locke: Genji Glove + Offering

Terra, Relm, or Celes: Quick (magic)+GemBox+Economizer

Cyan: Quick+ Quadra Slice (no getting hurt durin load times)

Edgar: Autocrossbow for multiple enemies and (this can apply to mog) a DragonBoots and Horn for single (more damage with jump for spears)

Sabin: Blitz (Magic up increases for all execpt suplex and pummel)

Crossblades
05-30-2006, 04:59 PM
With Terra and Celes I always like to use the Economizer along with the Magic earings or the Gem Box

Roto13
05-30-2006, 06:30 PM
|Q|U|I|C|K|+|V|A|N|I|S|H|+|D|O|O|M|

My anti-drug.

goldraine
05-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Hmm...

|Q|U|I|C|K|+|V|A|N|I|S|H|+|D|O|O|M|

My anti-drug.

Agreed.

Peter_20
05-31-2006, 09:37 AM
This is my Death Squad:

TERRA:
Morphs into this Esper form, and starts using attacks and magics like crazy; uses paired Earrings

LOCKE:
uses the AtmaWeapon and the ValiantKnife, along with Offering and Genji Glove: 9999 x 8 DMG!

EDGAR:
boosts Vigour forever, and thus becomes able to deal 9999 DMG for all enemies with the AutoCrossbow!

SABIN:
boosts Mgc. Pwr, and eventually deals 9999 DMG for all enemies with Air Blade!

SHADOW:
Throws stuff; uses Genji Glove and Black Belt

CELES:
uses paired Earrings; main healer with Cure 3 and Life 2!

CYAN:
boosts Vigour, and eventually becomes a killing machine with Quadra Slice and Cleaver

GAU:
just Rages forever

SETZER:
uses Slot, that's a very entertaining special command

STRAGO:
boosts Mgc. Pwr, and uses Economizer: this will make him deal 9999 DMG for all enemies with GrandTrain, and it's almost free

RELM:
uses Control, and has enemies attack themselves :D

MOG:
Dances and Jumps; uses DragoonBoots and Gauntlet

UMARO:
uses Blizzard Orb and Rage Ring

GOGO:
uses the commands Tools, Magic and Blitz; acts as a healer

Madonna
06-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey, all those people in your squad are in my group! I only use four for a party, though, and those are Locke, Edgar, Umaro, and Gogo. Incidentally, they're the same four I use for that brilliant attack strategy I last mentioned.

While I know many would disagree with my use of the characters and say that there are better combinations and attack methods, mine is fairly strong and fast, in both regards to how fast things die and how fast you can input the commands to do so.

Tavrobel
06-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Setzer + Paladin Shield + Backrow + Fixed Dice

Flying Mullet
06-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I enjoy raising Sabin's and Cyan's Vigor to 128 and equipping one or the other with the Offering and a Genji Glove and letting them lose in battle.

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 02:37 PM
Locke dual valiant knives

Lv99 Shadow who just won't die. (*absorb* *block* *dodge* *interceptor*)

Tina busting out magic while morphed.

Vanish-Doom/X-Zone

Moogle Charm (:cat:!!)

Anyone with Illumina/Force equipment.

This game is broken. And that's excluding the bugs.

Mirage
06-06-2006, 04:50 PM
http://home.no.net/steak/images/invincibletina.png
Yeah, broken. I just love having her slowly torture some of the hardest bosses alone.

The Unknown Guru
06-15-2006, 01:07 AM
I use Gem Box+Economizer+Quick to cast Ultima 4 times in one turn. Pretty obvious, instant 3997 damage, but then I have Gogo mimic for almost 8k damage in a turn for 4 MP total. Ow.

Also, I Imp Locke, give him Genji Glove, Offering, Titanium Helm, Imp Armor, and 2 Imp Halberds and he just PWNS.