PDA

View Full Version : to people who play FFXI regularly.

Markus. D
05-27-2006, 04:55 PM
what would you tweak, modify, change or add to FFXI?

this could be anything, think of what you specifically would like.

this thread is for people currently playing it alot, or for a long time only :mog: okay ^_^

Mirage
05-27-2006, 05:29 PM
I played it a lot when I had the time, so I think I qualify.
I want the old party search back, and I also want more stuff to do while LFPing. I'd also add an official windower, cause it's becoming ridiculous having to download it each time version update fucks it up. Oh yeah, I also want the ability to keep my own chocobo, and perhaps even breeding them with other players' chocobos. I also want the ability for PC users to update the game with Xbox360s texture resolution and increase lots of other graphical things without having to hack the game, as I do now.

Yeargdribble
05-27-2006, 06:12 PM
I personally don't mind what they have done to party search. If anything it makes it better and makes peple use the /sea feature to form PTs in a more intelligent way but I believe there are a lot of tweaks they could make to the LFP system.

Someone should not have to be in the same region for you to invite them. I always wished that I could just LFP in Windurst and outpost warp to my PTs location. Often they would ask me to come to Jeuno just to get invited and then buy a chocobo which took up far more of my time than just outposting because people have a problem with just meeting up with you somewhere. While this is less of an issue with basically everyone XPing in the new areas I think it is still quite a flaw in the system. Also having to be in the same zone to form an alliance blows.

Also being able to LFP on multiple jobs and while in a PT would be a plus. Often if me and my wife were leveling jobs in the same level range we wished would could duo a little while LFPing together. Sadly you can't let people know that you wish to join a larger group while being part of a smaller group. Another case is if we wanted to go outside the city and do something on our main jobs (like farm Skinks or Crawlers) that we couldn't do on a lower job we wouldn't be able to do this AND seek PT on a lower job. Basically while LFP you have to do nothing but sit around alone most of the time. Being a BRD I sadly don't have any inventory space to do things like crafting (which I'd love to do) while LFP.

They are adding Chocobo Racing/Breeding soon so I can't say too much about that.

I'll echo Mirage that they need to make a native windower. I'm tired of having debates about the ethics of windower. It's a function that should be included in the game and I don't want to be 'cheating' to multi-task and use my computer for more than just the game. Sure you can use the argument that windower makes it easier to use 3rd party cheats but so the eff what? SE currently doesn't do nearly enough to stop the people that blatantly are cheating so why not make a native windower and stop making it hell on everyone else?

PC users need to stop getting screwed because PS2 isn't aging well and is holing the game back. We should have an option to download high res packs or something. My computer, if tweaked, can blow even Xbox360 graphics out of the water but why should I have to go edit my registry and use 3rd party programs to do this? Some of these options should just be under FFXI Config.

Also space issue should be addressed beyond the PS2. Hopefully as the PS2s continue to die on peple and they can no longer get the 'fatboys' with HDD they will move on. Perhaps SE will take steps to edge people on to new consoles and PC as this happens. They could add features only accessible to those that have moved on. A few notable things they could add that PS2 is keeping them from adding.

Further Gobbiebag quests (I'm not sure if PS2 is retricting them here)
Increase AH space (PS2 limited)
Increased MH and Storage space (PS2 limited)

The biggest issues would be to find a way to fix endgame. Plenty of people have come up with decent ideas about how to do this but either SE sees a problem that we don't or they haven't though of anything on their own. As it is, if you want to be competitive endgame vs the '3 kings' you MUST BOT!! Sure you might get a few lucky claims here and there for your LS without cheating but it's not very highly likely. Adding the claim delay only made it easier for people with bots to pinpoint precisely the time delay between spawn and claim so that they almost always and even worse there is a 3rd party program that allows people to cheat the claim delay system. This allows people with bots to claim before the monster is claimable to non-botters.

Monopolization and cheating are so rampant in some aspects of endgame and I think SE needs to watch a little more closely and perhaps have GMs watching king fights more regularly. If they did the known botters would have their accounts deactivated very quickly but it goes to show you that it's gone to far when there is a level 6 WAR with no sub in Dragon's Aery named Kingbot that claims Fafnir for weeks in a row. Obviously SE isn't paying attention despite the obvious plethora of GM calls that this causes almost daily.

A little more impartiality dealing with non-JP players would be nice as well. There has been rampant GM racism towards NA players in the past. This is something I'd really like to see the end of but I doubt will ever happen.

Bomber
05-27-2006, 10:23 PM
I may add more later, but here's what I can think of at the moment. These are little things, really...

When selling an item to an Auction House, one should immediately have the ability to view its price history. Currently, one has to select Bid and hunt for the item, which can be a little tedious, especially when one doesn't always know what category the item in question falls under. Perhaps a subcommand (like pressing the + key on the NumPad) at the point where one sets the price for the item might fix this.

When searching for party members, the "filter search" settings should remain. I don't wanna have to keep narrowing down my search to specific levels and specific regions and narny narny nar. If I wanted to reset my search results, there should be a command that allows me to do so. Perhaps an update/refresh command would be helpful, too...

And I totally agree with the "official windower" notion. Personally, I like Azaril's Windower (http://ffxi.archbell.com/index.php?page=projects&project=windower) best. I multi-task on Windows just like everybody else, and I think the game should allow us to do so.

Markus. D
05-28-2006, 03:01 AM
very true with the official windower.

cause the PS2ers and 360ers what not can multi-task anyway, they just have to walk over to their pc while the game is active.