View Full Version : Favorite Valkyrie Profile Character

Zeromus_X
05-27-2006, 11:12 PM
*Excluding Lezard*

Mystina is pretty cool.

black orb
05-30-2006, 05:52 AM
>>> Lol, everyone likes Lezard..

From the gods side I like Freya, she is the most powerful character from the game..
I also like Brahms, Jelanda, Belenus and Grey..

My least fav is Mystina, calling Lezard a pedophile was not very nice from her.. well, we know Lezard is a pedo but we still love him so much..:D

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 06:28 AM
Well, he made them in image of Lenneth, as he is obsessed with her to a degree. Still, we can tell he's missing a few.

Thank goodness somebody replied to this, I was going to bump it in a while. :cat: Where's Jowy and Black Mage, and the other VP people? (The only two I can think of offhand.)

Gods: Freya obviously.

Einharjar: Mystina and Lorenta. I love the spellcasters in this game (which are kinda broken in the main game, regardless of charge time), and I love Mystic Cross, which turns into the coolest spell, Celestial Star. Plus, I've always wanted a strict Headmistriss in my team. And Mystina is just plain cool. (Some of her spell quotes make her sound angry. "Heal!" xD)

Non-playable: I guess Loki or Odin. Although they both aren't very nice...

Bonus: All of 'em, and not just because of Lezard. Brahms is just a monster, and with all of them on a team, there's just no trouble getting the PWS bar up to 100. And Freya's capability of doing 1,000,000 + damage....so yeah.

black orb
05-30-2006, 07:09 AM
Thank goodness somebody replied to this, I was going to bump it in a while. :cat: Where's Jowy and Black Mage, and the other VP people? (The only two I can think of offhand.)
>>> Yeah, Tama2, Jowy and Black Mage, we are waiting your replieees.. :D

Thats right, Celestial Star damage is insane..

The max damage I have done with Ether Strike was 1,500,000+, I did everything possible to max Freya`s strength stat but for some reason I could not surpass the 1,600,000+ damage from that japanese guy -__-. (there is a video where they hit 1,600,000+ damage)..
well, I guess they used Gameshark or something...

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 07:36 AM
It was like 1.49 mil. You'd've surpassed it then. (I'm sure people have by now.)

Basically they reloaded for every stat gain from Golden Eggs and the other stat-gaining item I can't remember the name of, since the max increase of a stat is 10. They also leveled her up one level at a time with the Exp. Orb, so her STR would be raised by 10.

This requires many resets.

Then they ended with her in a PWS combo (you'd do that anyway), with a 99 Hit combo, so yeah, it's doing alot.

Actually, the video is linked to in my sig. (I'm a Yarikomi video hound, I have alot on there actually.)

Oh god, I can actually understand a bit of what he's saying. Jeez.

Lezard's Japanese Seiyuu is so much better.

black orb
05-30-2006, 07:55 AM
>>> Yeah, it was 1.49 mil !!. my memory isnt very accurate..:P

Golden eggs max increase is "10" same goes for leveling up. The other item was probably "Aqua Vitae" (im not really sure), the max increasing i got from that thing was "19"..

BTW: I used a easier way to get the 100+ combo, just replace Brahms with another mage with Mystic Cross magic.. well you know the rest.
This only works with a party of 4 enemies..

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Holy Drops! From the Holy Grail. (I actually posted how they did it in the notes.)

I actually haven't used any of these in my game, although my Freya is at like level 70 something right now. So we can't do any of these stat tricks completely...:p

Yes. May they have respite from their empty existences. :cat:

*watches vid again*

Hm. 'Cross Air Raid" in Japanese. "Kin no Tamago" xD

black orb
05-30-2006, 08:15 AM
>>> Holy Drops, me and my inaccurate memory again..

BTW, you dont have to reset the game for this, remember there is always the old load option..:)

Anyways im so obsessed about the game that i wouldnt mind doing this all again.
The only thing I could not acomplish was defeating Iseria Queen in just one round.. man thats hard.

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Well, that's what I mean by 'reset'. :p Thank goodness tri-Ace plans ahead...or maybe just likes being convenient.

Actually, I could probably upload that video as well, although Holystar doesn't seem to like people putting up his videos. Oh well. It's worked perfectly so far. :D

They probably did stat boosts at level up for everyone, in that case. (Their attacks were doing alot, even for Lv99.)

black orb
05-30-2006, 08:41 AM
>>> You need LOTS of luck too, I actually leveled up increasing always by "10" (note: the "str" stat increasing differ from each character class) Valkyrie, Freya, Lezard, Brahms and almost the whole cast of characters from the very beginning (level 1) and without making one single mistake, that means no leveling up in battle in the entire game! in other words, Madness!!!.

Even with that, things wont go that smoothly against Iseria Queen..:D

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 08:45 AM
Added it. Check out my Youtube account. :) :cat:

They could've used Power/Magic enhancing thingies or something. (A guess.) Power/Magic Bangles, and the like. :cat:

black orb
05-30-2006, 09:25 AM
They could've used Power/Magic enhancing thingies or something. (A guess.) Power/Magic Bangles, and the like. :cat:
>>> I always use them too..

Im telling you, beat IQ in one round requires 50% of flawless combo timing (like the 66 hits showed in that video) and the other 50% of pure luck.. and of course perfect leveled up characters..

Now, in the video they are doing too much damage even for a perfect leveled up character with equiped boosting items and all, I can only match that damage if i use Might Reinforce, but in the video they didnt use it..
Plus I was surprised with the so well-balanced damage in each Valkyrie hit, Im guessing they were using Angel Slayer for her, and Angel Slayer is a powerful but also very unbalanced weapon..

Maybe the characters in Jap version of the game start with higher stats or they had some kind of item that the american version didnt, who knows..
Now Im thinking too much..

Aphelion
05-30-2006, 11:24 PM
L...ucian. :D

He's got a nice backstory. It's hard to choose a favorite among such a varied cast, though. Arngrim's pretty cool as well.

Jowy
05-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Mmm. Valkyrie Profile discussion.

While they didn't get much development originally, Hrist and Brahms have potential for so much backstory in Silmeria, it makes me happy inside. Also, Lucian, not just because he makes blue crystal fountains in battle, but that whole scene if you choose to send him to Asgard made me tear up a little.

Lezard Valeth for the win though.

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 08:23 AM
Only another reason why I can't wait for Silmeria even more. And Lezard is in it..somehow.

Well, he did need a bit of time to actually read the 10 billion page codex, so I'd say 400 years is enough. :p

black orb
05-31-2006, 09:44 AM
>>> I dont know much about the new Silmeria game but if they have Hrist on it, there is a big chance to see again my beloved undead flesh lover demoness Genevieve..:love:
And of course her grand battle against Hrist..

~SapphireStar~
05-31-2006, 02:18 PM
I liked Lenneth. I havent gotten all the characters yet, but so far shes my fav :D

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Genevieve's name in the Japanese game is JDWallace, hilariously. (I'm serious.) :p

Black Mage
06-10-2006, 08:37 PM
The more Valkyrie Profile we get here, the better.

As far as Einherjar go, I've always been pretty fond of Aelia/Amy. Being of the Dragonian race, it was neat to be able to use a non-human in battle (Post-Intro/Pre-Seraphic Gate). Not to mention, she's one of the few who use a polearm. I also liked Grey, partially because of his hilarious English PWS delivery. His background story was really neat though, and I like how most of it is told through Spiritual Concentrations, and how it intertwines with Celia, Kashell, Aelia, and Lawfer.

As for Gods, Freya's the obvious choice. Though I liked Eir as well, despite her extremely small role.

As for none playable characters, there were two that stood out that I really liked. Celia for one, as she had arguably the most tragic fate of all; being the only one of her friends left alive. Her breakdown in front of Grey was pretty heart wrenching. The other was Claire. I felt kind of bad for her, what with Lucian's, although understandable, inablility to move on.

Though it goes without saying, Lezard's also my overall favorite. I had originally heard his English delivery first, and I thought it was pretty good (Though moreso outside of battle). And though I think Takehito Koyasu sounds a little generic, his voice work for Lezard is unmatched. Still, this was probably the first time I was content with a pretty dramatic change in English localization.

Twelve days, guys. Just twelve more.

EDIT: Eh, little bit of a bump but better late than never.

Zeromus_X
06-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Yeah, although not all of us are importers. :p

Tama2
06-12-2006, 12:27 AM
I think Aelia or Grey for the Einherjar.

Loki for the Gods. (idk why but I kinda liked the dude)

I'd write more but in rush.

>.>
<.<

oh ya thanks for those scans Black Mage. ^^

My name is...something..?
06-12-2006, 06:16 AM
I'm going with Lenneth.
You just gotta love her.:)