PDA

View Full Version : How often does Rinoa do "Wishing Star"?

rebelx
05-28-2006, 05:53 AM
I'm at Ultimecia's castle right now, and I've just defeated Omega Weapon. I did like 12 Limit Breaks with Riona, and all of them were Angelo Cannon. And before I could see a Wishing Star, Omega died under my other 2 characters Limit Break. Thinking it was Aura's fault(Cause my hp were full), I brought down Riona's hp to 1200/9999 and walked around to battle random enimies. And out of like 30-40times, I still haven't seen her perform 1 wishing star. Out of the 30-40, I've only performed 2 invincible moon. I've already learnt wishing star, but I skipped skills like Angelo Strike and Angelo Recover. My question is, do I need to learn all the skills for Wishing Star to be able to be used? If not, what are the chances of Riona using Wishing Star? :(

Twilight Edge
05-28-2006, 06:37 AM
Well I dunno...but you don't need to learn all for Rinoa to use wishing star.I didn't learn Angelo Search and when fighting Ultimecia,I just suddenly blasted a Wishing Star out(note that I'm fighting at 1hp due to hell's Judgement).

Zeromus_X
05-28-2006, 06:46 AM
You could just make her only learn that throughout the whole game. (And not learn anything else.) I believe that'd work. (CIW.)

Well, the next time you play through the game anyway. :P

jorge
05-28-2006, 06:56 AM
Let her have 2500 HP or under and use Aura on her. Do not learn Angelo Strike

nik0tine
05-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Junction magic to her luck stat. I think that will help.

rebelx
05-28-2006, 09:19 AM
I was thinking of luck as well, and I've tried it during the 40times. I had 33 luck + 50% luck ability or 30%(Not sure which one), and still no Shooting Star. I didn't learn Angelo Strike cause I know it stinks. I've only seen 1 Shooting Star, and that was 6years ago when I was playing it on my ps. :(

nik0tine
05-28-2006, 10:46 AM
See, that's really quite strange. Everytime I play the game I see Wishing star after wishing star with all of the limits learned and no magic junctioned to luck. Perhaps the potency of the luck stat is randomized at the start of the game?

Rantz
05-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Perhaps the potency of the luck stat is randomized at the start of the game?
That would be weird, and kinda unnecessary =P

rebelx
05-28-2006, 12:48 PM
See, that's really quite strange. Everytime I play the game I see Wishing star after wishing star with all of the limits learned and no magic junctioned to luck. Perhaps the potency of the luck stat is randomized at the start of the game?

Well, that would be sucky for me. :D Mine is Angelo Canon after Angelo Canon. I've only seen 3 invinsible moon out of maybe....100 limit breaks. :mad2:

Captain Maxx Power
05-28-2006, 03:02 PM
The only attack worth "not" learning to increase the chances of Wishing Star is Angelo Strike. Recover, Reverse and Search all occur randomly during the battle and won't appear upon using the limit break (Rush also works like this, but is learned from the start). That leaves Wishing Star and Invincible Moon, both of which are highly useful and desirable during a battle. As for the chances of each coming up I imagine it is probably more related to your "crisis level" rather than your luck stat, much in the same way the game decides whether or not to use Lionheart.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Best method: Don't learn the other limits

rubah
05-28-2006, 04:36 PM
She has used it once ever for me.

She does invisible moon far more often.

the only problem with using her limit breaks though is you can't use angel wing, which is where her real power is:(

Spatvark
05-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Angel Wing + Meteor = pwnage, it's the best way to use her

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Well in my game she used that a lot and i learned all the other limit breaks but theyīre all crappy and Wishing Star isnīt worth the trouble of having Rinoa possesse only curative magic and forbidden magic...there are other limit breaks much more secure and just as powerfull.

rubah
05-28-2006, 06:48 PM
you mean angel wing isn't worth only having certain magics?

You're right, because she'll do a ton of damage with even level 3 elemental magic like thundaga and firaga and blizzaga. get her speed and magic up and she'll throw those spells off like crazy;o

boys from the dwarf
05-28-2006, 07:25 PM
try getting her HP down to even lower. shes used wishing star twice with me and at least one of them was against the final boss on 1hp. 1200/9999 is only just under an eighth and im pretty sure that the chance would rise if you had even lower HP. and is rinoas name different on some versions because ive heard her being called riona quite a lot.

Rhi
05-28-2006, 07:30 PM
my Rinoa has never used angel wing. how'd you get it?

Zeromus_X
05-28-2006, 09:28 PM
You get it after an event in the story. Rinoa goes into 'Magic Berserk' mode, the damage of spells is multiplied by five*,and she randomly casts spells in her inventory without using up her stock. (So you could give her one spell, like Meteor, and she'll cast that over and over without using it up.)

It's pretty useful. I still like Zell's better. :tongue:

*thank you for correcting me. :)

TheSpoonyBard
05-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Refer to this thread for details of Angel Wing.

As for the chances of each coming up I imagine it is probably more related to your "crisis level" rather than your luck stat, much in the same way the game decides whether or not to use Lionheart.
So close.

You're right in saying that Crisis Level is what determines the move used in Rinoa's case. Luck has nothing to do with it. Crisis Level can be increased to the maximum by inducing the Aura status, having low HP, suffering from negative status effects (Death Sentence is the best) and having both allies KO'd. Of course, not all are necessary to get Wishing Star to appear.

With regards to Lionheart, the Crisis Level determines the number of hits in Renzokuken and whether or not a finishing move will be used. It does not affect which move will be used, as each has a fixed percentage.

Access to Rough Divide: Rough Divide 100%
Access to Fated Circle: Rough Divide 25%, Fated Circle 75%
Access to Blasting Zone: Rought Divie 25%, Fated Circle 25%, Blasting Zone 50%
Access to Lionheart: Rough Divide 25%, Fated Circle 25%, Blasting Zone 25%, Lionheart 25%

Again, the Luck stat has no effect whatsoever on the choice made.

While I'm at it, here are the effects of having a high Crisis Level for the other characters.

Zell: More time.
Quistis: Higher damage/more statuses induced/higher success rate of causing statuses
Selphie: More powerful spells and more castings
Irvine: More time

masochist_jinx
05-29-2006, 02:56 AM
Rinoa is at level 99 and I don't have a problem with her using Wishing Star every few turns. I just defeated Bahamut and I know I used it at least twice. Also after casting Meltdown or summoning Doom Train she uses it a lot.

Zeromus_X
05-29-2006, 03:29 AM
So basically, if you put the character's HP to 1, you'll have a good chance of getting it. (That's pretty 'crisis-y' to me.)

TheSpoonyBard
05-29-2006, 03:39 AM
I think anything under 33% HP will be enough to trigger a Limit Break, then the other factors come into play to determine the other things mentioned above.

Zeromus_X
05-29-2006, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the info, that always eluded me. *prints*

Spatvark
05-29-2006, 04:55 AM
You get it after an event in the story. Rinoa goes into 'Magic Berserk' mode, her Magic stat becomes 255, and she randomly casts spells in her inventory without using up her stock. (So you could give her one spell, like Meteor, and she'll cast that over and over without using it up.)

To expand on that a bit, Rinoa can carry the following para-magic without casting them during Angel Wing mode:

CURATIVE: Cure, Cura, Curaga, Esuna, Life, Full-life, Regen.
SUPPORT: Aura, Double, Float, Haste, Protect, Reflect, Shell, Triple.

So, you junction those, + meteor, to your stats and once in Angel Wing mode, she'll cast Meteor every turn, usually doing well in excess of 50,000 damage per round. Whilst Zell's Armageddon Fist combo can do more damage, it's not as consistent (since the amount of time you have per Duel varies + it's annoying as hell to do), and Squall's Lionheart won't come up everytime, so it's my favourite limit break. When you get those three all blasting away at Omega Weapon, he doesn't seem all that tough.

TheSpoonyBard
05-29-2006, 05:01 AM
Rinoa['s] Magic stat becomes 255
No it doesn't. Her Mag stays the same and the resulting damage is multiplied by 5.

Spartvak, that's a nice list you've got there. I've been meaning to make one myself but never got round to it.

Zeromus_X
05-29-2006, 05:11 AM
*kills person who gave me that info and also prints more*

Is all of this stuff on the main site already? Meh. *checks*

Twilight Edge
05-29-2006, 05:43 AM
I think anything under 33% HP will be enough to trigger a Limit Break, then the other factors come into play to determine the other things mentioned above.

Agreed.If you don't have aura,just keep your HP around 1/3 of your max HP,then you will be able to trigger a lmit break.You don't need to lower your HP down to the yellow level.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Still there are many side steps in order to make her limit break work in perfection so my point remains that there are other limit breaks more pwerfull and much more reliable and you donīt have to "throw" away a lot of good magic to make it work.

Mo-Nercy
05-29-2006, 11:12 AM
I've found that Wishing Star is much much much more likely when you're on extremely low health. When Omega Weapon Mediggo Flamed me and I ended up on 1 HP, I was like "HAH! RINOA INVINCIBLE MOON TIME! (Rinoa -> Limit Break -> Angelo)" And then she Wishing Stars and I'm like :mad:

I tried again twice to get the same result. On the third attempt at beating Omega Weapon, I got Terra Break-ed and Rinoa ended up on 200-300ish HP and I got Invincible Moon.

I reckon that..yes, it is random to a certain extent. But lower HP and whether or not you have Aura will affect it as well. I think I can back this up with Squall too, as Lion Heart also seemed to come out more often after Ultimecia's final form Hell Judgemented me.

Twilight Edge
05-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah,when Ulty gave me Hell's Judgement,I ended up fighting her with 1hp throughout the whole battle with only squall and Rinoa left(yeah I didn't even bothered to heal).Then she apocalypsed me and both died and VOILA! Angelo Reverse on Rinoa.Then Full life on Squall,Hell judgement,and I'm fighting her with 1hp again.Then,all I did was hack her ass with Lionheart(the hell,I did it for like,5 or 6 times) and suddenly,Rinoa gave a wishing star and "Wo0t the hell?" I never expected it because I kept using angelo cannon/strike and Invinsible moon.Then,finally,I killed her with the last ever Lionheart.GAME OVER.

TheSpoonyBard
05-29-2006, 03:34 PM
I think I can back this up with Squall too, as Lion Heart also seemed to come out more often after Ultimecia's final form Hell Judgemented me.

Then,all I did was hack her ass with Lionheart(the hell,I did it for like,5 or 6 times)
You're both very lucky (real life luck, not Luck stat) then as Lionheart's 25% chance of being used doesn't change.

Leen-Leen
05-30-2006, 06:22 PM
the only time i ever saw Rinoa do Wishing Star was on the battle against Ultimecia in her final form ... she performed Wishing star loads of times under Aura there xP

Christmas
07-20-2022, 11:57 AM
I will kill her over and over again if she dun perform what I want. Bitch. :cool: