PDA

View Full Version : strat guide: is it worth it?

dodhungry
05-28-2006, 06:04 AM
I have been looking around for the FFXI strat guide and no one around here has it. So I have resorted to looking on ebay.... yeah so some people want upward to $60.00 for it!!!! :hot: :twak: There is no way I am going to pay that much. But I did get lucky and find one thats cheaper but still over the original $20.00 in a store. So my question is this, is it worth all the hassle of ebay to even bother with the guide or should I just find someone around the lvl 40-50 range to help me out in game?

Markus. D
05-28-2006, 06:07 AM
dont even bother.

1. strategy guide = way out of wack and date.
2. level 50, nah, try a multiple 75 person, then you have some plausible help ^_^

I guess the best help you could get is from a person who has been there from relitively near the beggining, but likes to help newbies just like you and me.

Zeromus_X
05-28-2006, 06:44 AM
I saw it at a Gamestop a long time ago. I keep wondering the sense of making a guide book for a MMO. I don't see the sense in it, really. (If it's going to be updated and expanded, then it's bound to be out of date sometime.)

Plus...you're playing with other people, it's not a one-player game. I dunno, it just doesn't make much sense to me. :cat: Besides, who needs a guide when you have all the FFXI people here?

Rostum
05-28-2006, 06:52 AM
FFXIclopedia. (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/Main_Page)

Yeargdribble
05-28-2006, 08:10 AM
The only reason to buy this guide is to help start a fire. Not only is the information out of date but much of it is misleading. There are more accurate and extremely move extensive sites all over the internet. For a MMORPG a paper guide will just never cut it as things are being changed constantly.

Check the sticky at the top of this forum for a list of helpful sites.