PDA

View Full Version : Oh SHNAP! THE DEAD POPE WROTE ME A LETTER!

GhandiOwnsYou
05-28-2006, 06:44 AM
aight, i was looking through my old Boy Scout memorabilia book, and i came across the letters that were written to me by the staff of various celebrities and organizations (presidents, Rupert from survivor, Sons of the confederacy etc.) as a congrats thing. Funny thing is, I got one from Pope John Paul. 6 days after he died. See Attached.

(FYI: yeah, i know it's just a printed memo with a fake signature, but it's still pretty damn cool that i've got a dated letter from the pope, from *insert scary music* beyooooond the graaaave!! Also, FYI. Pope died April 2nd 2005)

Mittopotahis
05-28-2006, 06:50 AM
He's been dead for over a year now? Wow....

And I didn't know the pope could stand...

GhandiOwnsYou
05-28-2006, 06:51 AM
more than likely had a few priests standing behind his dress holding him upright. and as an added bonus to that picture, where else you gonna see the Pontiff salute you?

Zeromus_X
05-28-2006, 06:53 AM
Hey, neat. (I'm pretty sure a good amount of people knew John Paul passed away by now though.)

He doesn't look very thrilled in that photo though. Can't say I blame him though...he does/did have alot of stuff to do. I mean, he was the pope and everything.

Roto13
05-28-2006, 07:11 AM
I remember when CTV news reported that he had died the day before he actually did, on April 1. They retracted it, and I was all, like, "April Fools, bitches!"

Reine
05-28-2006, 07:20 AM
What? He died on April 1st? Bummer day to die

GhandiOwnsYou
05-28-2006, 08:10 AM
nah, died april 2nd. they reported it the wrong day, and had to retract it

Acid Raine
05-28-2006, 08:14 AM
That doesnt look like John Paul! He was all short and had age spots. Are you sure that isnt Benedict, the current pope?

LOL!!! A boy named Lindsay?? Sux 2 b u!

eestlinc
05-28-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm guessing that's a stock photo that was taken a number of years ago...

nik0tine
05-28-2006, 08:31 AM
That doesnt look like John Paul! He was all short and had age spots. Are you sure that isnt Benedict, the current pope?There was a point in time when he was actually younger, you know. That is definetly not Benedict.

Old Manus
05-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Pope died on my birthday

EDIT: :evilking:

Rye
05-28-2006, 12:16 PM
I remember when CTV news reported that he had died the day before he actually did, on April 1. They retracted it, and I was all, like, "April Fools, bitches!"

xDDD

Acid Raine
05-28-2006, 08:20 PM
That doesnt look like John Paul! He was all short and had age spots. Are you sure that isnt Benedict, the current pope?There was a point in time when he was actually younger, you know. That is definetly not Benedict.
I know he was younger. I was just wondering...... And that Benedict guy shouldnt last long...isnt he like 80 something?

Im not a devout Catholic, so I wouldnt know....

RPJesus
05-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Acid- :confused:

nah, died april 2nd. they reported it the wrong day, and had to retract it
Maybe it was an April Fool's joke. But when he died the next day... it suddenly didn't seem so funny. :greenie:

You're called Lindsay Thomas Seigfried. Heh. Seigfried's a perty ol' name. And Lindsay... Laser, anyway.

Madame Adequate
05-28-2006, 09:15 PM
That doesnt look like John Paul! He was all short and had age spots. Are you sure that isnt Benedict, the current pope?

Whatcha talkin' 'bout? He has a kickass name.

Psychotic
05-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Pope died on my birthday

EDIT: :evilking:Hitler died on mine. I win.

Santa wrote me a letter thanking me for the one I sent to him, although he's not dead, unfortunately. Believe you me I would dearly love to put a bullet right between the eyes of old Saint Nic, but his Arctic Fortress is heavily guarded by loyal Elf Stormtroopers.

Hawkeye
05-29-2006, 12:31 AM
God must be saying something to us.

GhandiOwnsYou
05-29-2006, 08:55 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG THATS SO GREAT!!! Cuz i've never fucking heard that before. You lose.

(after thought: sorry. My unbridled rage comes not from the fact that i actually take offense at my name, it doesn't bother me. rather, imagine how many times in my life i've heard that same retarded line. it gets rather old, as does the "LT, that stand for LAURENCE TAYLOR?" or "siegfried, like SIEGFRIED AND ROY?" yeah. i hate peoples sucky humor.)

RPJesus
05-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Seigfried and Roy were cool! At least, in father of the Pride. :)

~SapphireStar~
05-29-2006, 09:37 PM
The old Pope visited the park opposite my high school, Heaton Park. Theres this special rock there that he blessed.