PDA

View Full Version : UFOs and Aliens

Dr.X
05-28-2006, 08:29 AM
I'll try to provide some links later, but discussion will do for now. Anyways, who here believes in and/or has encountered UFOs, or Aliens? I myself, have never encountered, but a friend of mine, and myself constantly research things in UFOlogy as many call it. I, personally, believe that they exist. What are your beliefs, encounters, and/or findings?

Reine
05-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Ive always found the UFO stories hilarious, especially the anal probes and whatnot

I do think that there is life elsewhere (I mean seriously, how could we be the only planetary sytem to develop life?) But the stories always seem too far fetched

Rusty
05-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Don't believe it whatsoever.

Old Manus
05-28-2006, 10:57 AM
BoB is an alien. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=9387)

DarkLadyNyara
05-28-2006, 10:58 AM
UFO's exist. :D That's not debateable. What they actually are on the other hand...

I believe that there is life on other planets. However, I don't believe aliens are visiting earth, and I sure as hell don't believe they're going around kidnapping people. There is no reliable evidence for it, and dozens of reasons why alien visitation is unlikely at best.

Rye
05-28-2006, 12:19 PM
I believe in aliens, but not any of that lame anal probe stuff. :p

"Why is it that everything today has involved things going in or coming out of my ASS?!"
- Cartman (Cartman Gets An Anal Probe)

Omnislash07
05-28-2006, 12:20 PM
i think there is inteligent life out there somewhere but i highly doubt that they would actually travel all the way here just to kidnap random people and then fly away again.

Monster Hunt
05-28-2006, 12:35 PM
I believe that there could be some other life on other planets in space.

Shin Gouken
05-28-2006, 12:46 PM
I believe there very well could be life in other planets

However.... even if they were 1000x as advanced as us, it is still completley impossible for them to travel a few million light years to get here

Anaisa
05-28-2006, 01:00 PM
I've seen a spaceship. I was at my dad's house when my brother spotted some strange bright orange lights in the sky. My dad, my brother, and me, went to the window and saw one orange light darting around to start off with, then another appeared. One would disappear, one would appear, and so on. Then the light changed, it made a shape. Three lines of the same size in a horizontal row were stacked vertically, with one larger line at the top. The light was moving up and down them. Then it disappeared, and the lights returned to doing what they were doing before, only now they were purple. They did exactly the same as the orange lights. They continued to do this several times before the lights stacked up as they did before. Only this time, lights that looked like sparks started shooting out of the top of the row. They were the same colour as whatever the stack was, which was alternating between orange and purple. Then these lights disappeared, and little white lights started appearing. One would come on, then off, then on, and they would appear in different places, and different formations. Until eventually they all lit up, and there was a huge spaceship in the sky! An I mean huge. It wasn't like these little tiny saucers you get on the UFO programmes. Think star wars! Me and my dad wanted to get a closer look, so we went outside, but my brother didn't want to. When we got outside, it was gone.

Dreddz
05-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I do believe there is something out there. But I dont believe there flying in saucers and have big green heads and laser guns. They'd probably be more like us...

Zante
05-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I don't believe in any of those alien abducations or close encounter storys, though as large as the universe is, I am sure that there must be other life somewhere out there. One day we might even find it, though I don't think that will happen anytime in the near future.

Omnislash07
05-28-2006, 01:35 PM
I do believe there is something out there. But I dont believe there flying in saucers and have big green heads and laser guns. They'd probably be more like us...

actually i've heard that if there are other sentient races in the galaxy and they are similar to any kind of being on Earth they would most likely be like insects. I dont remember exactly why but i think it was something about how there were so many types of insects on Earth so its most likely that an insect race would evolve on an Earth like planet soemwhere else, but i dont know.

Jess
05-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I don't really hold an opinion on it. I'll believe it when I see it.

farplaner
05-29-2006, 02:21 AM

However.... even if they were 1000x as advanced as us, it is still completley impossible for them to travel a few million light years to get here

...that's a bold statement, "completely impossible?" do you profess to have a complete understanding of all phenomena in the universe?
You think if you went back to the middle ages and tried to tell someone that people will be able to talk to anyone around the world whenever they want just by pushing buttons on a "tel-e-phone" he/she would have any idea what you are talking about?

I believe that there is definitely intellegent life elsewhere in the universe, I can't say whether we (Earthlings) will ever meet or come into contact with any though. Also, I think the idea that life elsewhere in the universe must look anything like life here should be thrown out. For all we know, it might be possible for life to exist in the vacuum of space in some inconceivable form... doesn't seem likely to me, but who knows?

Rengori
05-29-2006, 03:21 AM
Wherever there is life on other planets, I'm sure they look absolutely nothing like us and may not even be nearly as intelegent as we assume.

Madame Adequate
05-29-2006, 05:26 AM

Aliens exist. It is mathematically unreasonable to presume otherwise.

And a few million light years is a couple of galaxies over. That really is a challenge for the ages. But there are plenty of viable options for galactic travel. (No reason this shouldn't include intergalactic travel as well, thinking about it, they'd just be far longer undertakings.)

But yes, possibilities include;
Mechanical probes/automated ships/robotic ambassadiors
Medical extension of lifespan permitting a single generation to travel, even if it still takes thousands of years
Wormholes/variations on breaking the lightspeed rule
The lightspeed rule could be wrong (See tachyons, for instance)
Only radio communications

People need to stop being so negative. We're going to make contact a lot sooner if we actually make an effort. Anybody who says it's impossible is thinking too small. It was impossible to circumnavigate the globe, climb Everest, and land on the moon. So you can sit and proclaim it impossble, meanwhile we'll be out there, exploring and, for lack of a better term, adventuring.

Fonzie
05-29-2006, 05:28 AM
This bends my preseption of reality. If aliens exist i bet i could fly.:D

koocnahtanoj
05-29-2006, 05:33 AM
If they can prove it I'll believe it.

Madame Adequate
05-29-2006, 05:58 AM

70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars currently known to exist.

And in all those, you're telling me, that there is only one instance of life evolving? That's as much proof as anyone should need.

koocnahtanoj
05-29-2006, 06:02 AM

70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars currently known to exist.

And in all those, you're telling me, that there is only one instance of life evolving? That's as much proof as anyone should need.

That's not really proof that's more like speculation(Even though very convincing speculation!)I'm not sure if they are ever going to be able to prove it.

Dark Paladin
05-29-2006, 04:24 PM
I do believe that there is other life out there, but i don't believe in little green men with huge blimp eyes, but who knows. And i'm not entirely sure if i believe some of the stories that people have told of their alien encounters on TV and in magazines.

hardboiled
05-29-2006, 10:08 PM
I believe I have been abducted by aliens several times. They examine my body, as it is a perfect and prime example of a fit human male specimen. I think they have me mate w/ their alien females to see what what type of superior being emerges as well.

FallenAngel411
05-29-2006, 10:44 PM
I believe I have been abducted by aliens several times. They examine my body, as it is a perfect and prime example of a fit human male specimen. I think they have me mate w/ their alien females to see what what type of superior being emerges as well.

Ahahaha. Ha.

Pretty sure I've seen a few myself...not the aliens, just the ships. No anal probing or laser guns involved. One was very far away, and it kind of looked like a star in the sky except it was jetting across the sky very quickly, stopping and sitting in one spot for a few seconds, than shooting off in another random direction, always changing direction very quickly at odd angles.

The other one was up close, right across the street from me (which no one believes and probably never will believe but whatever). It was pretty much just a globe of extremely bright white light which suddenly flashed on out of nowhere, so it must have been sitting there for a while. ('there' being the roof of an old factory) It rose slowly into the sky, becoming smaller and smaller. And thats all. It was pretty amazing though. Some people who actually think I saw something speculate that it wasn't aliens but advanced government planes or whatever. I'm open to any possibilities, but I know what I saw and aliens seems to be the best explanation, and crazy as I know it sounds.

Peegee
05-29-2006, 11:53 PM
There exists very little evidence that intelligent life exists. You might as well go ahead and claim that God exists if you think the 10 trillion stars argument is sufficient.

Rengori
05-30-2006, 12:37 AM
There exists very little evidence that intelligent life exists. You might as well go ahead and claim that God exists if you think the 10 trillion stars argument is sufficient.The aliens don't have to be intelegent. They could be mentally retarded braindead insects for all I care, it's still alien life.

DarkLadyNyara
05-30-2006, 07:22 AM
Somehow I doubt that extraterrestrial life would be anything we would be able to relate to. Nature (or God, if you prefer) is a hell of alot more creative than we are. I also doubt that aliens could survive on Earth, or in the same conditions as humans. Which kinda rules out abduction. :D

Miriel
05-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Mosquitoes are an alien race that were on the brink of extinction before they were transported to earth to feed upon humans and thus regain their strength and numbers. Now they're everywhere. You think aliens aren't here yet but they are. Every summer when it gets hot they come to collect our blood.

DarkLadyNyara
05-30-2006, 08:28 AM
Mosquitoes are an alien race that were on the brink of extinction before they were transported to earth to feed upon humans and thus regain their strength and numbers. Now they're everywhere. You think aliens aren't here yet but they are. Every summer when it gets hot they come to collect our blood.

*coughliloandstitchcough*

Slade
05-31-2006, 07:16 AM
It would be rather silly not to believe in them actually. The universe is gigantic. To say that there's no other intelligent life (or just plain life) out there is just plain crazy!

The bottomline: Yes, I believe in aliens.