PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Good Time!

Strider
05-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Okay, so right now I'm getting ready to go to San Francisco to see the Giants play this afternoon. Wheeeee. :D When was the last time you went to a live sporting event? If you could go see any game from any sport in the world, what would you want to see live the most?

Kirobaito
05-28-2006, 05:55 PM
The last live one I went to was my high school's second-to-last baseball game against Birdville. We lost 8-5.

RPJesus
05-28-2006, 06:00 PM
I went to see a band a while ago. Sports are broing as hell, so that's probably the best answer I could ever give.

If I could see anything... Blitzball. :) Courre, Sin'd just come afterwards and crush everybody. He has to ruin everything. :(

Levian
05-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm really not into watching other people playing games, which is why I don't post much in The Lounge.

I'd like to play a good game of Badminton, though. Now that's a sport for real men.

Cz
05-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Arsenal Reserves vs. Watford Reserves about a month ago. A boring 1-1 draw, but it was the first time I'd seen the reserves in action so it was an interesting experience. As for my dream event, I'd absolutely love to see the World Cup final this summer, whether England are in it or not.

rubah
05-28-2006, 06:56 PM
the last live sporting event I was at was the special olympics opening at our school, and really I was just there to play music for them.

RSL
05-28-2006, 06:58 PM
If you count racing as a sport, then last night at Algona Raceway in Algona, Iowa.

If you're a jerk and don't, then about a month ago I was in Kansas City and we went to a Royals/A's game, but it got rained out after 3 innings.

escobert
05-28-2006, 07:13 PM
I went to a football game not long ago. If I could see any game it would be the Bears vs The Patriots.

Denmark
05-28-2006, 07:17 PM
speaking in terms of non-professional sports, I went to see our girls' softball team play on may 18th. they lost, something to less than that.

professional sportswise, I went to a baseball game in Denver in summer '04, to see the Chicago Cubs beat the Colorado Rockies. we could have left after the second inning and not missed any scoring.

EDIT: oh yeah, if I could see any game, I wouldn't mind going to a Red Sox-Yankees game in Boston. :D

escobert
05-28-2006, 07:21 PM
EDIT: oh yeah, if I could see any game, I wouldn't mind going to a Red Sox-Yankees game in Boston. :D
Yeah that'd b nice, VC and I may go to a Boston game this season. You should come!

Agent Proto
05-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I got to see a minor league baseball game, back when the Potomac Nationals were a Cincinnati Reds affiliate and known as the Potomac Cannons. It rained out after seven innings.

DK
05-28-2006, 07:28 PM
I saw Wolves beat Stoke 2-0 like years ago. We were in the third row, too.

I would most like to go to an Ashes test match and also an Indian Test Match, which I hope to do next summer. I also wouldn't mind going to watch the Cricket World Cup. Also, while it's not a real sport, I intend to go to a WWE live show one day.

Shauna
05-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Probably a netball game at school. That's the closest I get to sport. xD

Mr. Graves
05-29-2006, 01:40 AM
I went to a Detriot Pistons game about 7 years ago. It was alright, I suppose; It was nothing memorable. I'm not into professional sports.

DeathKnight
05-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Okay, so right now I'm getting ready to go to San Francisco to see the Giants play this afternoon. Wheeeee. :D When was the last time you went to a live sporting event? If you could go see any game from any sport in the world, what would you want to see live the most?

Whoa! you got to see Barry Bond's 715th HOME RUN! you lucky bastard!:eek: :D :up:

Baseball IS the best sporting event, no day is the same.