PDA

View Full Version : The Legend Of Zelda: The Hero Of Time

Tidus Andronicus
05-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Finally, a Zelda movie! Well, at least an independent movie anyway.
(And considered that before you judge it.)

The Hero of Time (The Legend of Zelda) is an full-length, independent Zelda movie being made by a small group of producers and film buffs called "BMB Finishes". They have been working on this movie for the past two years, and it is now nearing completion. It is a fully independent production that when finished will be promoted as a festival piece, as well as a Zelda fan-made film. All of the people making the movie are big fans of the Zelda series, and they have put a ton of creativity and effort into this film. The movie is being directed and produced by Joel Musch. David Blane is also producing the film on top of starring as Link.

The movie's story is roughly based off that of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Link, who has been raised by the Kokiri, is sent to Hyrule City by the Great Deku Tree. Once there, he meets Princess Zelda who tells him what the Triforce symbol on his hand means and exactly who he is,

Meanwhile, Ganon has arranged a banquet for the king, but this gesture, seemingly in good faith, is just a part of his evil scheme. At the banquet, the king is poisoned, and Ganon overthrows the kingdom. Link flees to the Temple of Time and takes the Master Sword, but is shocked when he finds he has suddenly traveled into the future. Link discovers that it is a bleak future, for Ganon has destroyed the land, and so he sets out to find Zelda. Along the way he meets Sheik, and learns that he will need the help of the sages to defeat Ganon. After he defeats demons that are guarding the sages, Link returns to Hyrule where he confronts donzens of Gerudo warriors and ultimately fights Ganon.

Along the way, other characters from the game make appearances, including Saria, Impa, Malon and Talon.

The movie has already been filmed and is nearing the final stages of production, with just animation and CGI left to complete.
http://movie.legendofzeldaseries.com
http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/main.php?page=aboutmovie.html
Supposedly, if on time, this movie will be released later this fall. With decent production values for an independent film, CGI, great locals, and decent costume work... This should prove to be worth the watch, at least for Zelda fans. It has also been made, with people totally new to the Zelda series in mind, so as not to confuse/bore them. Another thing I read, is that they will be using Original Zelda music in the movie.
As far as Nintendo's opinion on this, well I haven't seen one yet... but we can be relativly sure that Nintendo will 'allow' it to continue, even if they don't support it. (I'll be happy as long as they don't pull a 'SquareEnix' on a fan made tribute.)

For more info check the above link, including an about section, as well as an FAQ section.

To see a basic trailer for this movie, you can download it here:
http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/main.php?page=fanmovietrailer.html

I'd love to see this when it comes out, whether its good or bad! So I personally can't wait. I hope the acting is ok, but who knows... They shot 90 hours of footage, with 50 hrs of 'mess-ups by our very gifted actors. lol So hopefully that means they made sure to get it right. Also, If/When they release a DVD, they have plenty of extras to put on it, including 30 hrs of documentary footage. The movie itself should be around 2 hours long.

I think it will be fun, and I can't wait... I wonder what everyone else thinks? ^_^;

NeoCracker
05-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Well LInk doesn't start with the symbol in the beggining of Ocorina of time since no one has come in contact with the triforce yet, so theres one story change. OTher than than it might be worth watching.

Roto13
05-29-2006, 05:04 PM
If this is the same one I was looking at a few months ago, then Link is a righty, so it automatically fails.

Rase
05-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Definetly could have been worse. If I remember I'll probably see it sometime.

Wonder if "Link" will just grunt and yell a lot?

Rostum
05-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Hopefully it is fairly decent, even just for a fun watch. =) It'll never beat Ocarina of Time though!

Edit: Just watched the trailer. I hope the acting is better than the props. >.>;

XxSephirothxX
05-30-2006, 03:48 AM
Zelda should never be live action, and that's all I've really got to say about that. :p

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-30-2006, 05:21 AM
Link looks... odd...

And it looks like something out of a Ren Faire.

But it could be interesting.

Shlup
05-30-2006, 05:27 AM
As long as Link says "Well excuse me, Princess," just once I'll be happy.

StarChild
05-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Link looks... odd...

And it looks like something out of a Ren Faire.

But it could be interesting.

agreed 0__0

Rase
05-30-2006, 06:25 AM
As long as Link says "Well excuse me, Princess," just once I'll be happy.

Until the movie comes out, this (http://link-wellexcusemeprincess.ytmnd.com/) will have to do.

Roto13
05-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Steve Martin should play Link for just that reason.

Link looks emo...

Giga Guess
05-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I'd give it a rent. I'd feel like a huge nerd doing it....but yeah.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-30-2006, 02:52 PM
its a fan film?

~SapphireStar~
05-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Oh wow, I dunno how I feel about this. Ive never imagined a Zelda movie. Would I see it? Gee, I dunno. I love the series, but Im scared the movies going to reck the series. I wish Hollywood would go get their own ideas instead of using well lvoed games and comics, etc.

Tidus Andronicus
05-30-2006, 07:07 PM
um dont get confused now... ^_^;
Its a fan film, as in 'independent movie'.

This means, don't expect it to be great... don't expect high budget quality... its made by a bunch of guys that litterally said, lets get together and make a Zelda movie. But at least, since its being made by fans of the games, it should at least be better than any trampled crap hollywood would put out. It should at least be true to the game's story/style.
Acting might be bad, effects might be 20 years ago... From what I saw of the costumes, the did a decent job! lol Gannon looked great!

I'm looking forward to see how they do this... and to seeing the extra footage. I want to see how they do, as far as taking Zelda, and making a 2 hour movie out of it.

Hey, I'm sure they have fun making the movie... and I'm sure it will be interesting to watch, at least once. Almost think of it as you and your friends making a movie about your favorite game... you get where I'm going right? XD

~SapphireStar~
05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh right, sorry got the wrong end of the stick there! Well it should be interesting if a fan is making it. Im sure it'll be great cause its a laugh and Im sure the fans want to remain 100% loyal to the series and fans.

Gau Dude
05-30-2006, 07:51 PM
"Hollywood movie". You cracked me up. As long as the movie is GOOD, I don't care if it's indie or Hollywood..ic. All I care for is if it's good. Hollywood had shown us great movies, and indie film had shown... SOME good movies.
It seems this is going to be a nice movie, as long as you don't expect too much.

It seems weird that you, ~SapphireStar~ , Don't know what a indie film is, when one of the best of them is in your signature.

~SapphireStar~
05-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Why does Hollywood movie crack you up? Yes I want the movie to be good and yes Hollywood has produced some good movies. I thought HW was making this movie and I was saying that they need to get their own ideas and stop turning games into movies because they are 90% of the time crap. But its been said its an independent film, so move on.

Marshall Banana
05-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Ganondorf looks pretty neat, from what I saw in the trailer, but I'm not really sure what I think about it.

Also, isn't that the Kokiri shown at the beginning? Why don't they look like children? Why do none of the characters, save for Link and Ganon, look even remotely like their counterparts in the game? I guess I'm just nitpicky. It is a fan film, after all. X3

The movie's story is roughly based off that of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Roughly, indeed. =P

Shoeberto
05-30-2006, 10:38 PM
This looks absolutely friggin' terrible. Zelda should not be a movie. Stop trying to rape my childhood. Nononononononononononono :(

Fonzie
05-30-2006, 11:41 PM
hahahaHAHAHA...i'll pass.

Rengori
05-30-2006, 11:58 PM
its a fan film?
This is a sign you need to start reading the actual posts and attached articles.

Anyway, tights aren't in anymore and it'll probably look really creepy on the guy playing Link.

black orb
05-31-2006, 12:53 AM
>>> Looks like fun..

Gau Dude
05-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Why does Hollywood movie crack you up? Yes I want the movie to be good and yes Hollywood has produced some good movies. I thought HW was making this movie and I was saying that they need to get their own ideas and stop turning games into movies because they are 90% of the time crap. But its been said its an independent film, so move on.

Don't take it too hard. We all want this movie to come up good, I only said it because it's hard to NOT difference an indie movie with a hollywood one. But a lot of people do not know what an indie film even is, and it's their lose (As in Hollywood, it's mostly crap, but there are some awesome and classic - again, your signature).
And about game into movies...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOaOyXkrkg&search=Pac-Man%20the%20Movie
I really hope this is a joke, because it's a damn turn down to the indie films industry. There's a limit... Through it would be as funny as hell. Do I sense a I-Mockery synopsis coming soon?

EDIT: For crying out loud, this is real!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473377/

CloudDragon
05-31-2006, 06:56 AM
This looks hilarious and crappy at the same time. I'm still undecided :D