PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 PC Build help

Chapel2006
05-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Hiya i need some help.
I'm thinking of putting together a pc for the sole purpose of playing Final fantasy 7 and 8 plus a fiew other games that wont work on an xp machine like populas and gta 1 could anybody point me in the direction of specs for a sytem that will play the final fantasy games without any probs in 3d.

Thanks

Junior

Kappy
05-29-2006, 11:11 PM
WTF is the point in that? They work fine if you just launch them in different compatabilty modes by right clicking the exe before you start them up.

Levian
05-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Play it on Playstation.

Music
05-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Yeah, you would spend less buying a PS1 or a PS2 then you would building an old computer.

Chapel2006
05-30-2006, 12:32 PM
a: I didn't ask for people to critisize what i was planning to do i was asking for your help
b: I've tried all the patches fixes and i still cant get the 3d characters and get really pixely ps looking sprites.
c: I own final fantasy on the pc not the ps1 and final fantasy on the ps1 aint cheap to get any more. Plus the loading times and graphics are horrible
d: i've always wanted to put a pc together myself and the games are my motivation.
e: I've tried all the compatability things and i still cant get GTA Polulous and other games from around that era to work.

So unless you have some specs or such to help me dont bother putting critizing replys to my posts kappesh...

Crop
05-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Its "capeesh" dont use talk like that unless you can spell it.

Levian
05-30-2006, 12:48 PM
So unless you have some specs or such to help me dont bother putting critizing replys to my posts kappesh...

You said you had the game for the PC, right? The requirements for playing the game on the backside of the cover should do the trick.
Unless you downloaded it off of the internet.

Chapel2006
05-30-2006, 10:48 PM
forget it i'll figure it out myself its seems like this forum is full of little children that are as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Cheers Anywho

~Megalixir~
05-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Listen to them. Play it on ur PS2.

jesteranimefreak
05-31-2006, 03:39 AM
The only one I see here acting childish is you, sir. Anyway... Sounds like corrupted files or your OS (XP I assume) is screwy. If it isn't any of that I don't know what to tell you but look for an old copy of Win 98 and try your luck. FFVII:PC should run on modern machines. BTW, the PC version still uses the PS sprites. So the graphics, while slightly better than the PS version, aren't by much.