PDA

View Full Version : Sin Overdrive!

Sephiroth101
05-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey,My First Post And I Only Just Recently Started pLaying ff10..im stuck on sin overdrive he keeps getting to his overdrive. anyone got tip's? ...many thank's Sephiroth101

IceAngel
05-29-2006, 10:19 PM
I used all my Aeons overdrives till he died.

Sephiroth101
05-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Ya I Did..but it ended up only doing about 65k-70k damage lol...

Levian
05-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Levelling up Yuna's strength will raise your Aeon's strength.

I Took the Red Pill
05-29-2006, 11:43 PM
And a Hastega's an obvious thing to throw in there as well, if you haven't already. And if I remember quickly, is he not susceptible to Armor Break?

teaandmachines
05-30-2006, 03:13 AM
level up yuna, tidus, auron, and lulu

Dell
05-30-2006, 05:20 AM
Change your overdrive mode to Warrior.

First have Rikku to mix Wings to Discovery and Wings to Discovery, that will give you 9999 damage, change her with Tidus. Start with Hastega on Lulu and Wakka. Get Lulu to Doublecast Fire Magic, While Wakka use Sleep Attack. By fourth turn of your team, Wakka have already do 3 9999 damage while Lulu have already done 6 9999 damage. If you get Lulu's Overdrive full, Use Fire Fury to finish him off. You can also use Attack Reels, Aeons overdrives and Slice & Dice.

If any of the above can't help you, summon Magus Sisters. Razzia, Passado and Camisade can do better damage, plus they have Break Damage Limit ability automatically. Don't worry about Sin's attack, Sin can hurt you but Cindy can heal you back.

If this don't help, go and train Yuna's Strength, all of your Aeons strength will increase when Yuna's Strength increase thus making Yuna a valuable asset in FFX.

Leen-Leen
06-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Have your overdrives ready before you start ... i used Yuna's Holy and Lulu's Ultima (doublecast) .. it might not be the smartest way, because of all the MP you are using, but it got the job done

~Megalixir~
06-01-2006, 07:14 PM
First, level up Tidus, Wakka, Lulu, Yuna, and Auron. Do random battles until these characters' OVs are up. Set Tidus, Auron, and Wakka's Overdrive type to warrior. Then, make the opening party Tidus, Lulu, and Wakka. Finally, make sure Tidus, Wakka, or Auron has Sensor.

Use Hastaga with Tidus in the begining, casting (or Double-Casting) spells with Lulu and hitting Sin with Wakka. When in close range, Switch the party to Tidus, Auron, and Wakka, and cast Hastaga again, then hit it with attacks and overdrives as hard as you can (don't heal unless a character is dead. ) When Sin is down to about 15000 hp, switch one of the characters for Yuna and use Grand Summon> Bahamut. Use Bahamuts Overdrive, and thats it. (if you made it...)

This may not seem the best way, but you dont have to spend hours leveling and getting the Magus Sisters, and geting Double-Cast now for Lulu takes some serious gameplay (I had Double-Cast with Lulu).

Psydekick
06-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Do you have Magus and Anima? Cause with them its eezy!

~Sora!

Coppo
06-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Well in this battle you need to go All-Out Offensive. Does yuna know Holy? If not, train her until she does! Casting Holy over and over with Yuna can help a lot, especially with her magic and agility stats being rather high.

Lulu should be doublecasting Flare (or Ultima if you have it), Tidus should haste everyone, and when Sin is in range attack with quick hits. Wakka should use the attack which gives his next time sooner. Pay attention to the CTB! The more turns you get in, the better. Don't use Aeons until Sin's overdrive is full.

Zeromus_X
06-02-2006, 10:22 AM
If you can mix 'Trio of 9,999', it'll be a breeze.

If not, use your best attacks. Throw Gil at him, whatever. Use Auron's Breaks if they work, if you want. Use Overdrives, and only use Bahamut's Overdrive when you know it'll kill him. I don't recommend summoning Aeons because that'll give Sin more turns. If you have the power spells (Holy, Flare, Ultima, etc.), use those. Hastega helps. If you've been playing Blitz, use Wakka's Reels. Bottom line: attack.

I'm going to assume you don't have all the power-abilities yet; but I beat him my first time through the game without 'em, so you should be able to do fine. :cat:

HolYuna
06-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Cast Haste on Yuna, unleash all of your Aeon's overdrives on him, or, use your most powerful Aeon's overdrives, if he hasn't went down yet, use your most powerful character's overdrives and he should go down!

Thats what I done.. ^^

(if none of that works... Summon Yojimbo. Pray he uses Zanmato. and wallah)

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-02-2006, 01:39 PM
for any hard battle i use the same solution, attack reels :D

starseeker
06-02-2006, 02:34 PM
I mixed 2 Door to Tomorrow (catch fiends from 5 areas for monster arena) and used Hastega. Tidus, Wakka and Rikku were all that I used for this.

Dell
06-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Have your overdrives ready before you start ... i used Yuna's Holy and Lulu's Ultima (doublecast) .. it might not be the smartest way, because of all the MP you are using, but it got the job done

If you get Lulu's and Yuna's Celestial Weapon. You can deal Holy for 1 MP while dealing Ultima with Lulu for 2 MP.

~Megalixir~
06-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Im tellin ya people, Yuna is too weak to be a reliable offensive. No matter what. Use her on last resort (because she can deal good damage when she is alive, but not when she is dead). Dont overuse Yuna (unless she has a damn high hp and one mp cost).

I don't recommend summoning Aeons because that'll give Sin more turns.

Damn right.

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 10:53 PM
... and went in doubt * Cough cough* Zanmato *Cough Cough*

Dell
06-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Yuna is your best member, because she is the only one who can summon. My Yuna can deal 99999 damage/ Sure, Yuna sucks early in the game but not when you're fighting hard monster.

On my first playthrough, I only use Magus Sisters to beat Sin.

Eiko Guy
06-17-2006, 07:36 AM
dont use aeons it gives him too many turns his attacks suck anyway so keep fighting magic is your best friend here use ultima or flare and holy have wakka able to do 4,000 per hit at least dont do anything that wont help you take life and if you do use aeons use 1 that will take a lot of life then get back to the grind

f f freak
06-17-2006, 09:54 AM
I always summoned the magus sisters and anima. With them it is so easy but If sin defeats them then just keep using double cast with yuna and lulu using Ultima or Holy to inflict a lot of damage but make sure you have an item with 1mp cost or at least half mp cost equipped otherwise you will be wasting a lot of ethers and other mp restoring items

Fantasy Lover
06-17-2006, 10:19 AM
If this is the head you should get trigger commands sometimes with tidus in your party. Using this you can reset his overdrive to zero

~Megalixir~
06-17-2006, 04:20 PM
If this is the head you should get trigger commands sometimes with tidus in your party. Using this you can reset his overdrive to zero

Um, thats Jecht...

cid highwind
06-17-2006, 04:26 PM
fill your overdrive gauge with every character then you WILL win

sub zero
06-24-2006, 11:31 AM
if you get holy and ultima and increase bahamuts streangth to do about 40k damage and teach him armour break in the fight cast hastaga and spam holy and ultma till you get close enught to hit him phyicly summon bahamut use armour breack and the hit him a few times with attack and you should win. (worked for me first time)

Fantasy Lover
06-24-2006, 11:10 PM
sorry, my mistake

sHoKz
06-29-2006, 10:08 PM
I had Kihmari use his Mighty Guard and had three party members casting Holy (Lulu, Yuna, and Kihmari) over and over, worked a charm.

4evarisha
06-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Attacking-Tidus
Summon,Curing-Yuna
Black Magic,Holy-Lulu

jaxun
06-30-2006, 05:05 PM
iMaybe because u use overdrives too much which delays u for sin to hav three turn with ur aeons all u hav to do is hit for 7000 more or less damage until he has about 60,000 hp left then use ur aeon overdrives.

p.s

Dont forget to cast hastega!!!

4evarisha
06-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Hastega is important against Sin.