PDA

View Full Version : Timber TV noise

Rantz
05-30-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm replaying the game right now, and in Timber, just before the TV broadcast is about to begin, there is noise scrolling over and over on the screen. Out of pure curiosity, has anyone managed to read the noise? I've been trying for a while, and I think I made out small parts of it. The parts I've seen are (approximately):

"Bring me back there"
"Forget about me"

Does anyone have a clue about the whole text, and is this a reference to something?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I noticed you could pause it later on, so I could read it myself. Turns out the full text was:

"I will never let you forget about me"

Not sure what they mean by that. :confused:

~SapphireStar~
05-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Ive never seen it, but from the sounds of it its something Square have thrown in. Squall and Rinoa talk about meeting again in the opening movie and perhaps this was placed there as a secret message that they will always be reunited.

Rantz
05-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Ive never seen it, but from the sounds of it its something Square have thrown in. Squall and Rinoa talk about meeting again in the opening movie and perhaps this was placed there as a secret message that they will always be reunited.
Uh, well, I searched for the phrase on Google to see if there was any other info, and according to the sites I landed on there are three phrases looping:

"I'm alive"
"Bring me back there"
"I will never let you forget about me"

Also, according to those sites, the messages are sent from Adel in space, disrupting the radio waves (which would be possible from what the game tells us). It makes sense to me.

rubah
05-30-2006, 09:03 PM
sounds good to me.

*~Angel Wing~*
05-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Wow...that's pretty cool!!! :jess:

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah, it's Adel in space. :cat:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-30-2006, 11:40 PM
that sounds pretty spooky

Rantz
05-31-2006, 12:38 AM
Indeed, hehe.:D

StarChild
05-31-2006, 12:39 AM
that's really creepy! I never noticed that...I may have to replay this game.

Chris
05-31-2006, 12:41 AM
Me too! I haven't played this game in...God, like 2 years?

TheSpoonyBard
05-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Yea, it's definitely Adel. Remember all the fuss about there not being any live television broadcasts for 17 years? That's because Adel's tomb was interferring with the signal. The messages in the static is simply more evidence of this.

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 08:37 AM
There's a thing in the dictionary/information thing about the whole phenomenon, isn't there?

TheSpoonyBard
05-31-2006, 08:50 AM
Radio Interference (1)
A phenomenon beginning with Esthar's silence 17 years ago. Almost all radio communication facilities were shut down because of noise across all frequencies. However, short transmissions are still possible. Believed to have some relation to the moon, but details are unknown.

Adel's Tomb
A high-tech device intended for weakening and confining a sorceress' power. Shot into the moon's orbit after going through a special sealing process. Used to confine Sorceress Adel. It is the main cause of radio interference on the planet.

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Okay, good. There's in-game proof of it. :cat:

Rantz
05-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Radio Interference (1)
Adel's Tomb
Oh yeah. I remember reading the first one now, never read the second one though.

Well, I guess this thread is over with then :D

Future Esthar
06-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Impossible.
Adelīs tomb is sealed from junction from outside.
Which means only outside waves can be read on the TV screen.

Christmas
06-01-2006, 01:24 AM
Impossible.
Adelīs tomb is sealed from junction from outside.
Which means only outside waves can be read on the TV screen.

I think you already made an offical statement on this one long long time ago in one of those threads.

vampirepiggyhunter7
06-01-2006, 01:29 AM
Not as spooky as the blue face on the pub TV... God I hate Timber...:(
Th Adel thing is probably right...
But let's not read too much into science, folks.
It's a game...
Called Final Fantasy.