PDA

View Full Version : FFVI dislike

Auragaea
05-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Does anyone actually dislike FFVI or at least isn't in your top 5? I don't dislike this game, nor do I hate it, but as with FFVII, I think it's way too overhyped. What about you guys who don't like this game very much?

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 11:19 PM
I love it, that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's faults.

The biggest of which: It's easy. Cheap accessories and spells, not to mention Vanish/Doom and Moogle Charm. The game is just very easy.

Also: Bugs. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to Master ZED's page and behold the many glitches in the game. There are alot.

Still, music/story/nostalgia and all that jazz.

Roto13
05-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Well, the bugs are things you need to look for, so they're not really a problem. It's not like... Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, which makes you restart if you go through a sand portal without activating it. >_>

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Some of them, if accidently run into, can quite frankly **** up the game. Excluding the Sketch glitch, of course.

Mirage
05-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Or give you 255 of every possible item <3.

Rengori
05-31-2006, 12:03 AM
I personally only have a problem with how it looks in 3-D. It just doesn't work.

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Y'mean like on the airship and everything? (The Mode 7 graphics?) Or the N64 tech demo?

Roto13
05-31-2006, 12:13 AM
I personally only have a problem with how it looks in 3-D. It just doesn't work.
Well, when you compare it to other games of that generation, it really doesn't look so bad. Most of the game is in 2-D, anyway, so it not a big deal. :)

And, Zeromus, I'm referring to the fact that it's very unlikely that you're going actually run into any of those bugs by accident. I've gone through the games more times than most people here (at least a dozen. Probably more), and I haven't seen any glitches by accident.

That Warrior Within glitch I mentioned? First time playing the game. >_>

Rengori
05-31-2006, 12:14 AM
Well, when you compare it to other games of that generation, it really doesn't look so bad. Most of the game is in 2-D, anyway, so it not a big deal. :)
Exactly. There's not much to complain about FFVI.

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 12:29 AM
Yeah, that's true. But losing Interceptor for the rest of the game still sounds sad. :(

ljkkjlcm9
05-31-2006, 12:37 AM
some people say it's too easy cause of Vanish-Doom and that stuff.... I've always heard about that trick, and in the billion times I've played the game... NEVER used it. Honestly, if you know a trick that makes the game way too easy, why would you use it?

My downfall with the game? I want more really cool optional stuff. I mean technically the entire WoR is optional and you only need to get 3 characters, but the game directs you to the rest of them. I wish there was something truly hidden like after you get everything else you unlock something, like maybe gathering all the espers unlocks a secret cavern... which means you had to choose the Esper over the Sword for Ragnarok, which honestly is stupid because the Paladin shield can teach you Ultima, so if the Esper had another purpose I might actually consider getting it.

Anyways, I really look forward to anything extra they add in the GBA version, as long as they don't mess with the rest of the game

THE JACKEL

Shoeberto
05-31-2006, 03:29 AM
I dig a game I can just sorta pick up like this, and not have to worry about level grinding for hours on hours on hours to beat a boss. I think it has a good flow in that respect. You can't just run from every battle and expect to get somewhere, but if you do a decent amount of fighting along the way through your quests, you can generally beat the boss. The story's pretty good, too, as is the environment in which is takes place in.

I guess if I wanted to be nitpicky, I could find lots of problems, but it's a good game.

Dell
05-31-2006, 09:31 AM
This game is in my top 5, number 3 after VII and IX.

Crossblades
05-31-2006, 04:50 PM
This game is in my top 5, number 1 before IV and IX

Dell
05-31-2006, 05:21 PM

Not fair.

Crossblades
06-01-2006, 03:30 PM

Not fair.

Why?:p

Omni-Odin
06-01-2006, 04:48 PM
OK, I agree. This game is not in my top five and my friend has to constantly try to convince me it is the best game ever made. Yes, I am a FFVII fanboy, but I just have to say that Kefka is not well-developed, the storyline is sketchy except for Terra's story, and the battle system is too easy.

Dell
06-01-2006, 05:05 PM

Not fair.

Why?:p

Obviously!!

boys from the dwarf
06-01-2006, 09:18 PM
it has one of the most emotional soundtracks. "searching for friends" inperticular is one of the most emotional tunes on any game. great characters and everything. its my 5th favourite FF.

Angi-Kaiser
06-02-2006, 08:31 PM
FF 6 is my favorite, but there are a few problems a have with it. One is that it leaves me wanting more. Every time I play it, I find myself cursing square that there isn't a continuation.

Sincerity
06-03-2006, 09:49 PM
FFVI is definitely my favorite...Although it may be just from nostalgia and whatnot. I've been playing this game since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Auragaea
06-05-2006, 12:38 AM
For those of you who love FFVI, what are the things you dislike about it?

Crossblades
06-05-2006, 01:55 AM
For those of you who love FFVI, what are the things you dislike about it?

Nothing really.