PDA

View Full Version : do you think the end of this game is wierd?

RyanML
05-31-2006, 02:24 AM
is it just me or do other people think its wierd too?

Christmas
05-31-2006, 04:09 AM
Weird in a sense of what? If you don't understand the ending, you can alway check around for the answers.

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 04:37 AM
Surreal, yes, and I loved it.

BoPeep174
06-04-2006, 05:30 AM
is it just me or do other people think its weird too?
it's not just you... i love the game but hated the ending... it made no sense

DoNt B a H8eR
06-04-2006, 07:17 AM
yeah - ending wasnt gr8 but at about 3/4s of teh story i thought was liek teh climax - it was a better ending at teh end of disk 1 than at teh end of disk 4 lol :P

Twilight Edge
06-04-2006, 08:04 AM
In every story,the climax is the greatest.

YTDN
06-04-2006, 08:33 AM
I didn't understand the end in the slightest, but it was very good, and I enjoyed it.

blackmage_nuke
06-04-2006, 08:38 AM
I loved the ending, so romantic and suspenseful. Made complete sense to me.

Serapy
06-06-2006, 02:46 AM
A bit weird, I've watched the whole ending. At the very end, Rinoa was at outside beyond the party, Squall wasn't even there but when Rinoa's finger rised up in the next scene, then Squall appeared, he smilied and hugged Rinoa, that's it.

RyanML
06-06-2006, 02:51 AM
i meant the whole ending, not the end sequence.. like going into ultimecia's castle and that, i posted this up as the sorceruss's were fighting me (loads of them, one after another), i didnt beat the game this time as griever pretty much anniliated my team even tho im level 90+ :(

Serapy
06-06-2006, 03:06 AM
i meant the whole ending, not the end sequence.. like going into ultimecia's castle and that, i posted this up as the sorceruss's were fighting me (loads of them, one after another), i didnt beat the game this time as griever pretty much anniliated my team even tho im level 90+ :(

Hmm, Squall and his team went to Ultimecia's castle to destroy Ultimecia to stop time compression, I guess. How is that weird? I'm very sorry if I've missed anything =x

DoaJ
06-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Geez, 90+ and you didnt win?! I beat it at 60's....oh well..good luck. It is a weird concept, but once you understand it, and realize that every final fantasy has some strange copncept like this, then its fairly normal.

Laguna
06-06-2006, 11:49 PM
There is nothing about FFVIII that I don't love. For me to hate the ending would be to hate myself XD

*~Angel Wing~*
06-07-2006, 12:03 AM
There is nothing about FFVIII that I don't love. For me to hate the ending would be to hate myself XD
Same with me!!! :D :kaolove2: :kaolove:
Final Fantasy VIII ending = best game ending ever!!! :heart: :up: :kaohappy2

Shiny
06-07-2006, 12:14 AM
See, I'm sort of opposite with that I didn't really like the game but I thought the ending was alright. Mainly only because of Eyes on Me. To be honest I wished the ending would have concluded with Squall in the desert by himself.

*~Angel Wing~*
06-07-2006, 01:27 AM
I didn't understand the end in the slightest, but it was very good, and I enjoyed it.
I don't see what's not to understand. :confused: I thought the whole game [including the ending] was very easy to understand.

To be honest I wished the ending would have concluded with Squall in the desert by himself.
No. :nonono:

Squall is like the best main Final Fantasy character ever!!! :jess: :kaohappy2 And even, I LOVE SQUALL!!! :heart: :kaolove2: :kaolove:
I wouldn't let them do that to him!!! :nonono: :hot:

Yuffie514
06-07-2006, 08:37 AM
nope. it was a classic in the making and well worth the time...

IceAngel
06-07-2006, 03:31 PM
I thought the ending made perfect sense. To me the whole thing where they go to Ultimecia's castle was probably better than it being somewhere so easy to get to ~ like in FFX (even though I also loved that ending). I wish that instead of Disk 4 being the place where u can only train and go to Ultimecia's castle was a bit annoying. I wanted to be able to go back to the places you couldnt and see how they had changed (even though that was also part of the storyline). I thought the ending summed up everything and showed that there isnt any need for a sequal.

Cledarius
06-07-2006, 03:52 PM
I totally agree with IceAngel.

The end is clearer than any other end of any FF. I mean, look at FFVII (my personal favourite) the end is just bad, but Advent Children is the answer to that. And FF IX is also not that good.

*~Angel Wing~*
06-07-2006, 07:34 PM
I thought the ending made perfect sense. To me the whole thing where they go to Ultimecia's castle was probably better than it being somewhere so easy to get to ~ like in FFX (even though I also loved that ending). I wish that instead of Disk 4 being the place where u can only train and go to Ultimecia's castle was a bit annoying. I wanted to be able to go back to the places you couldnt and see how they had changed (even though that was also part of the storyline). I thought the ending summed up everything and showed that there isnt any need for a sequal.
:up:

MJN SEIFER
06-08-2006, 07:39 PM

Haven't you read my thread yet?

And the Ending is pretty easy to understand - no offense.

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 12:05 AM
To tell the truth I wasn't really into FF VIII's storyline at the beginning, and the end didn't help much either. It was basically one really big love story (and Final Fantasy IX did a much better approach to that) But... I played through the entire game because I am very good at it, and I needed to prove that you can become much too powerful in the game there's nothing my party can't do!

Hambone
06-15-2006, 02:34 AM
The part in the ending where Squall has those weird visions of Rinoa and it looks like he's drunk is very strange indeed.

daggertrepe
06-15-2006, 03:58 AM
Same with me!!! :D :kaolove2: :kaolove:
Final Fantasy VIII ending = best game ending ever!!! :heart: :up: :kaohappy2

Nope, nope, FFIX's was definetly the best ending ever.

To be honest I wished the ending would have concluded with Squall in the desert by himself.

Actually that's kind of mean, shiny...and Squall isn't the best, Ziddy is definetly the best! But Squall is pretty cool in his own way! :)

To tell the truth I wasn't really into FF VIII's storyline at the beginning, and the end didn't help much either. It was basically one really big love story (and Final Fantasy IX did a much better approach to that) But... I played through the entire game because I am very good at it, and I needed to prove that you can become much too powerful in the game there's nothing my party can't do!

Yep, I agree. FFVIII had an OK storyline-and the battle system was WAY easy! It was acutally QUITE enjoyable! But the weird thing is...I never really caught onto the SquallxRinoa thing...I actually would have prefered SquallxQuistis. But that never happened. So I went to ZidanexGarnet, which is the 2nd best couple in all the games next to Beatrix and Steiner! :)

Goldenboko
06-16-2006, 01:56 AM
Second best? Zidane and Garnet all the way!

daggertrepe
06-16-2006, 02:06 AM

I like Beatrix and Steiner better, but Zidane and Garnet is a CLOSE second! But let's not get these RinoaxSquall people mad...:)

bongun4
06-16-2006, 04:05 AM

I like Beatrix and Steiner better, but Zidane and Garnet is a CLOSE second! But let's not get these RinoaxSquall people mad...:)

hahahah, i liked both but squall and rinoa are still the best love story in FF.

ahem, just to be in the topic: i lyk the story and it is easy to understand.(no offence because I was 17 when I played the game)

no offence to FFVII peeps, i lyk it better than ff VII ending wise ofcourse.

but just to agree with you, I'll give this:

Squall + smile = yikes.:D

Shiny
06-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Actually that's kind of mean, shiny...and Squall isn't the best, Ziddy is definetly the best! But Squall is pretty cool in his own way! :)

Haha, I know! :D I hate Squall and his phony emo attitutde. He could stay in that desert and Rinoa can find herself a real man that knows how to deal with his emotions. Besides, I think the ending was too long. After Eyes on Me they should have just ended it period. (Zidane is cool. :cool:)

daggertrepe
06-16-2006, 07:59 PM

Haha, I know! :D I hate Squall and his phony emo attitutde. He could stay in that desert and Rinoa can find herself a real man that knows how to deal with his emotions. Besides, I think the ending was too long. After Eyes on Me they should have just ended it period. (Zidane is cool. :cool:)

Yes, he is...:love: