PDA

View Full Version : what final fantasy should a noob start with

Rogue
05-31-2006, 05:39 AM
i got a friend who wants to start playing final fantasy and what ff games should i recomend him and he said he want the easist to the hardest so he can learn real good:)

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 05:45 AM
VI is pretty easy. Although a beginner might not know all the abusable tricks in the game, so..

VII isn't too hard at all. Maybe get him on that.

VIII's system might overwhelm a beginning player, hold off on that until later.

IX is simple enough, and enjoyable. And it's the perfect FF experience. I'd definitely recommend it.

X may also confuse, but not as much as VIII.

Overall, I'd recommend IX for the beginning player, a perfect choice. If not that, then probably VII. (Unless they complain about graphics or some other foolish thing...)

Rogue
05-31-2006, 05:49 AM
cool i told him 9 too but he said he wants to play them in order and i told him the was not any but then he said he wanted to know which one to play from who lot of people not just me i guess a hard core ff player and kh player is not good anough for him (ive been playing for 8 years)

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 05:52 AM
I don't know about 'hard core', but I can tell you IX is a great choice for a new player. Especially if he'll play all the games, not just the newer titles. Since IX isn't too difficult, and has the perfect example of a FF story/atmosphere. And maybe he'll get into the classics, luckily. :cat:

ljkkjlcm9
05-31-2006, 07:14 AM
uhm he could start with the first, that's what I did, of course that was over a decade and a half ago

THE JACKEL

Fantasy Fan
05-31-2006, 11:45 AM
FFI then FFII then FFIII and so on (PS releases). That way he'll have the full FF experience. Then when he's played them all, he can say which is best! :D I bet he'll say nine. :D:up: But I think it's best to start on FFI and then work up, that way he's not a stupid 1 game fan.

~SapphireStar~
05-31-2006, 01:17 PM
I bet he'll say nine. But I think it's best to start on FFI and then work up, that way he's not a stupid 1 game fan.
Isnt that that kinda what you are?
I say start from the bottom and work his way up also.

Cid Vicious
05-31-2006, 01:44 PM
I'd say IX. It's simple to understand, and is pretty easy.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-31-2006, 03:00 PM
I've deleted several posts in here. Those of you who have had your posts deleted know who you are. Stop. Now.

Twilight Edge
05-31-2006, 04:32 PM
I'd say IX too.Out of the FFs I played,IX has the most simple equipping system,therefore less confusing.Then you should progress to VII which is more similar to IX and so on.(I dunno about I-VI)

Crossblades
05-31-2006, 05:03 PM
I would start off with IV. The game is short and the story is easy to understand, and then move on to VI

Christmas
05-31-2006, 06:19 PM
VI is pretty easy and the story is nice.

Cid Vicious
05-31-2006, 06:35 PM
The only problem with playing FFIX first is you'll miss out on all the references to the other FF's the game has.

Twilight Edge
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM
lucky I fifnished VIII first instead of IX so I still caught the reference!:D

rubah
05-31-2006, 09:27 PM
I would start with ff5, just because it's awesome and it's what i started with.

Shiny
05-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Fantasy X since it's very different from most of the others in the series and it's most like the way rpg's are now. It's also pretty easy (in my opinion...although 10-2 is the easiest). But it all depends on what system the person has and what their personal preference is in gaming.

Griff
05-31-2006, 11:36 PM
i agree on starting with ffx. the healing save points and sphere grid will make it easier on him. also the fact that it is completely turn based and he doesn't have to worry about being attacked while planning out his next move will help if he is a total rpg virgin.

Carmilla
06-01-2006, 12:50 AM
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

FallenAngel411
06-01-2006, 04:34 AM
X was my first and it broke me into the RPG scene pretty nicely, as well as giving me incentive to check out the older ones. So I'll third that recommendation.

DJZen
06-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Start with the first one, of course.

Rogue
06-02-2006, 02:24 AM
he started with 9 and then he said hes probley gonna do 10 then 10-2 then probley 7 or 8 then he wants to work on all the classics and he plays ff11 witch is cool is this a good order 9 first then 10, 10-2, 7, 8 and he always plays 11

Fantasy Fan
06-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Final Fantasy 1

Rogue
06-03-2006, 04:50 AM
he would start with one but he loves 9 already hes in lindlum and he started yesterday he is doing real good

Fantasy Fan
06-06-2006, 10:13 PM
okay, but make sure he doesn't just play one. I hate people like that who only play one and then claim it's the best. It can drive a fan nuts!

*~Angel Wing~*
06-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Final Fantasy VIII

In my opinion, the best one in the series. :heart: :kaolove2: :up:

Dreddz
06-08-2006, 07:25 PM
FFX.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-09-2006, 04:17 AM
In my opinion, if your friend is interested in specializing and such, I'd go with FFV. If not, start with FFIV. Even though it is a bit late to be saying this.

boys from the dwarf
06-16-2006, 11:02 PM
FF9 is my favourite and it is also quite easy and a good one to start with. its eastness doesnt take away things from the brilliant plot. you may get one or two dissapointingly easy bosses but its a great game with a lot of sidequests and brilliant music.

Gilthanes
06-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Starting with earlier games is better as always. If you start with X or something, you'll be spoiled by the graphics. IV is prolly a good start, to get you used to ATB and general FF classes and abilities. Or V, both will let you learn the ATB and how the FF classes work. Then I'd.. actually, its prolly best if you just start at IV and work your way up to X. Trust me, unless you are a diehard FF Fan (read: been playing them since FFI), if you start with a PS2 FF, you will have a hard time fully enjoying the SNES FFs due to "ew, graphics sux". Personally, VI is the game that got me hooked on the series (I had played 1, but not IV yet until after VI. I borrowed VI from a friend on SNES and it got me hooked)

Tavrobel
06-17-2006, 12:31 AM
IV
VI
I
IX
VII
and then the others in any order (II, IIIj, V, VIII, X).

CT/CC should go somewhere between VI and VII, and KH for when he's used to the fact that graphics don't matter. If he is able to obtain a computer and at least a dial-up connection, he can Emulate the old-school FFs for free.

When FFXII comes out, get him to buy it unless he has not yet finished VI.

Spawn of Sephiroth
06-17-2006, 12:31 AM
VII because it is so great, and i know that she will LOVE it and it will give her alot to look forward too in the ff series. take me for example, i never had even heard of final fantasy until my neighbor sold me his old playstation 1 and all of his games when he was selling all of his stuff, and just by chance, ff VII was one of the games, and i saw it and tried it out, got hooked on it and now have am a final fantasy nerd and LOVER now for 4 years.:choc2:

Velocity Eleven
07-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Ive recomended IX to a noob friend of mine, but Id also recomend V

Jessweeee♪
07-01-2006, 05:08 PM
8 is very difficult to understand, so I wouldn't try that one first. That was my first FF and it took me a few trys to get it right.

In 10 the only complicated thing really is the sphere grid, but it's not that bad. Pretty simple.

9 I haven't played, but everyone else seems to think it's easy.

7 uses a very simple materia system that's quite easy, just equip it like a weapon and go.

NorthernChaosGod
07-02-2006, 04:55 AM
I think it doesn't really matter which FF he should start with, seeing as all of them are seperate stories (with the exception of X and X-2).