PDA

View Full Version : DS RPG's

Venom65437
05-31-2006, 06:13 AM
Anyone know any good ones to hold me over until FF3?

Zeromus_X
05-31-2006, 06:18 AM
I've heard positive things about Lunar: Dragon Song.

Del Murder
05-31-2006, 06:35 AM
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. A very innovative and fun RPG.

eestlinc
05-31-2006, 06:56 AM
what makes M&L fun and innovative?

ljkkjlcm9
05-31-2006, 07:13 AM
Lost Magic, uses the touch screen well, you draw magic spells and direct units using the touch screen. the AI can suck at times but it's a good game.

M+L is a good RPG, but honestly way too short.

Lunar Dragon Song, I heard is very tedious and repetitive and boring, so I never bothered to pick up a copy.

THE JACKEL

Markus. D
05-31-2006, 07:14 AM
play it and see ;)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-31-2006, 07:23 AM
what makes M&L fun and innovative?Like all the Mario RPG games, it has a battle system in which timing can add extra damage to player attacks and decrease the damage of enemy attacks (if not avoid them completely). Hence combat is highly interactive at all times and not a matter of merely selecting a command from a menu and then watching the action play out as in so many other RPGs.

This particular game takes the concept even further in the form of special attacks that involve two to four characters in your party, each of whom is assigned a button to press when their role in the attack randomly arises. The attack lasts for as long as you can keep up with its ever-increasing pace, which is a fun challenge unto itself and very rewarding besides.

Outside of battle, there is a lot of platforming with all sorts of hidden passages and items to be found. The translation is also exceedingly stellar such that you'd have to be some kind of hateful brute to not find the script endearing if not occasionally hilarious.

~SapphireStar~
05-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Lunar Dragon Song is ok. Lost In Blue and Phoenix Wright are great fun also and should keep you busy till FF3s release.