PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Jackson color

Hayabusa
05-31-2006, 07:07 AM
So, I never knew the answer- Is he white because of a disease or did he bleach himself? Either way it's good for his career.

DeathKnight
05-31-2006, 08:27 AM
So, I never knew the answer- Is he white because of a disease or did he bleach himself? Either way it's good for his career.

"either way it's good for his career"

I'd really like to know what you mean 'bout that. Care to explain?

And I think he bleached himself(whatever that may be).

starseeker
05-31-2006, 09:27 AM
I thought it was all the plastic surgery.

Loony BoB
05-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Although Jackson's skin color was a medium-brown color for the entire duration of his youth, his skin had been becoming paler gradually since 1982, and had become a light brown colour. This was now so noticeable that the entire press, not just tabloids, took out widespread coverage on it. Jackson attributed the changing skin color to vitiligo and denied rumors that he bleached his skin. Another significant reason for the change in appearance was the use of plastic surgery. Despite a number of surgeons' claims that Jackson has undergone multiple nasal surgeries as well as a forehead lift, thinned lips and cheekbone surgery, Jackson wrote in his 1988 autobiography Moon Walk that he only had two rhinoplastic surgeries and the surgical creation of a cleft in his chin, while attributing puberty and diet to the noticeable change in the structure of his face.
Hope that helps.

I don't really have a major opinion on whether he did bleach or not.

Captain Maxx Power
05-31-2006, 12:10 PM
I know that vitiligo is passed down in the females on my mum's side of the family, and I've never seen it to a full-body extent as Michael Jackson claims. However a good point of reference is his sister, LaToya Jackson. She also appeared darker in skin tone when she was younger, and gradually became lighter as she got older. Indeed at one point she and Michael looks scarily like each other;

http://www.muzagga.nu/upload/jacksonsAP410x300.jpg

So unless both had exactly the same treatments then there could be something in Michael's claims that it's his biology, i.e. nature not nuture, that is to be attributed to his changing appearance. Saying that it has been confirmed that not only did Michael undergo more surgery than he claims (most of it, if you're to believe tabloids, in relation to an incident whereby he suffered burns to his face filming a Pepsi commercial), but that the Jackson family themselves used to use skin lightening creams. Considering how radical the changes are in Michael's appearance, it's safe to assume that outside influences were involved, and for whatever reason Michael found it neccessary to change his apperance from that of a black man to a white man. Whether or not his vitiligo go to a point whereby it was easier to "go one way rather than the other" is up for debate. Some even claim that Michael did such surgery to make himself more marketable to the white population, thusly making it the hugest publicity stunt ever (though it backfired badly, with his freakish appearance and "personal transgretions" contributing to his downfall in the mid-90's).

Dreddz
05-31-2006, 12:32 PM
Didnt he get in some sort of accident in which his hair caught fire on stage, I always thought this played a part in his colour change, if its true.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-31-2006, 12:44 PM
So, I never knew the answer- Is he white because of a disease or did he bleach himself?
I reckon its a combination of both

Either way it's good for his career.
How so? i actually thought it did the exact oppisite his been under intense media screwtiny(sp?) because of it

Dreddz
05-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Michaels Colour didnt have a big impact to his music career, I believe he was fully white when he released Bad. It was his obsession with Plastic Surgery that ruined his career.

Hayabusa
05-31-2006, 01:48 PM
I'd really like to know what you mean 'bout that. Care to explain?

I'm not saying it was GOOD because he was WHITE - I wasn't saying that at all - I'm saying - The rapid bizarre transition, made him elusive, always changing - Who is Micheal? kind of thing -

When he first changed- He still was rockin good - What led to his downfall I think was him not being happy with himself and destroying his face - which I can't understand why.

But I was in no way saying he did BETTER because he was white.

Btw, Does anyone like him? I'm a fan, but yeah -

Loony BoB
05-31-2006, 02:02 PM
I still like his older music, such as Billie Jean, The Way You Make Me Feel, etc.

MJN SEIFER
05-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Although we'll never know for sure how much surgery he's had. His skin is unrelated, He has Vitiligo(sp) and if anyone doubts it this has been proven with out a shadow of a doubt because:

It has stated by medical reports
He ALWAYS makes sure not to be too expose to sun
There were white parts on him even during the Thriller era
Bleach would DARKEN skin
I knew somone with Vitilgo(sp)

What ever the out come - he still looks just fine.

~SapphireStar~
05-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Bleach would DARKEN skin
But it makes dark clothes white? Why would it have an opposite effect on skin? I always thought he had bleached his skin. I too liked his older music, Thriller will always hold a place in my heart, mainly cause Vincent Price narrated in it. Plus the video will forever scare me!

Venom
05-31-2006, 08:56 PM
I dont know what he did, but I'll guess cosmetic surgery.

Rye
05-31-2006, 09:12 PM
My uncle has that skin bleaching disease that Michael Jackson supposedly has, and it's not nearly as bad. His hand is splotched with very pale white as opposed to his tannish-white colour, but that's the extent to it, I think.

I liked old Michael Jackson. Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal = :heart:

Miriel
05-31-2006, 09:16 PM
I loved MJ's earlier stuff. They were fantastic.

But he's just freaky now. Really freaky.