PDA

View Full Version : the dot hack trilogy

zefie
05-31-2006, 07:18 PM
I absoloutly love the dot hack games <3 Mistral is my babe. XD

If anyone else likes these games please post in this thread =)
*hugs Mistral*

edczxcvbnm
05-31-2006, 07:48 PM
I thought you were going to talk about the new games which is a trilogy. The original games are a quadrilogy.

Mistral is awesome until she leaves your party because she is a fat, bloated pregnant woman. Why take care of your kid when you can play The World?

escobert
05-31-2006, 08:10 PM
.hack is godly. Pirus makes me mad tho.

~SapphireStar~
05-31-2006, 08:19 PM
My boyfriend bought me the first 3 for Christmas 2 years ago, he couldnt find the fourth. I traded them in for some other game cause I hate real time battles. The storyline and anime included was fun though.

The Last Ancient
06-01-2006, 04:53 AM
I liked the story but it was too much a dungeon crawler for me, got bored a little bit into the first one.

Captain Maxx Power
06-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Seems like the sort of game you need the income of a small country to stay in touch with. I mean, sevengames? I can barely afford two or three titles in the space of six months.

Dreddz
06-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Not only is the series expensive, there not very good either........

Reine
06-01-2006, 12:47 PM
All depends really, I have the first three, and could easily get the fourth, but I havent finished the second yet. I have too many other things on my purchase list at the moment

Giga Guess
06-01-2006, 01:05 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not a lot in terms of replay value, though...

zefie
06-01-2006, 03:56 PM
It did kinda bug me that you had to crawl around in the dungeon for most of the game but all the special items and characters you can recieve makes it alot better. =^^=

I thought it was quite cool that alot of the things related to the anime programme .hack//SIGN. Apparently, Tsukasa, Subaru and Sora are yours to add to your party at the end of the fourth game (^.^)

edczxcvbnm
06-01-2006, 06:04 PM
It did kinda bug me that you had to crawl around in the dungeon for most of the game but all the special items and characters you can recieve makes it alot better. =^^=

I thought it was quite cool that alot of the things related to the anime programme .hack//SIGN. Apparently, Tsukasa, Subaru and Sora are yours to add to your party at the end of the fourth game (^.^)

.hack//sign is the first part of the story and the games are the second. There is a third part .hack//Legend of the Twilight Braclet which is a manga...but it is more of a tacked on story instead of the main story. Talks about AI characters created by the game. Kind of a explaining stuff to get you ready for the new stuff which deals with AI anomolies.

Now this new series is also an anime/game combo. .hack//roots takes place before .hack//G.U.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-01-2006, 06:14 PM
There's also the manga for .hack//GU, but I believe that follows the story since it starts with Haseo's data-draining by Tri-Edge.

edczxcvbnm
06-01-2006, 06:26 PM
I read that issue and stopped. I am going to experience the games rather than read it in the manga. I will wait to see if that G.U. manga deviates once the games come out. Like a side story of other characters behind the scenes.

escobert
06-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Twilight bracelt also has a short anime that goes with it. I read a bit of the mango.

Giga Guess
06-02-2006, 12:49 AM

Sora only if you free him from Skeith's wand.

Moon Rabbits
06-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Sanjuro makes the series.

edczxcvbnm
06-02-2006, 06:00 AM
Twilight bracelt also has a short anime that goes with it. I read a bit of the mango.

The anime is a bastardization of the manga. The anime doesn't even have Zefie...the daughter of Aura...it is THE thing that the story practically revolves around and they left it out.

The manga also never forgot that it was suppose to be a light hearted story and not some deep dark crap where the world is going to retardedly end yet again.

You just brought up a whole host of crap that the anime version of the manga represents. God did I ever hate that garbage!

escobert
06-05-2006, 06:45 AM
haha