PDA

View Full Version : RTS Games

The Triumphant Hero
05-31-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm a big fan of RTS games, and want to know what you all think the best strategy is. I personally like to rush early on with fast-to-build units, then while they are busy bring in one or two good units to take them out.

Shoeberto
05-31-2006, 10:17 PM
I can never do multiplayer in these things because I can't build up my base fast enough xD I always have a strategy that works well against bots, but when I try it against real people, they know right away how to get around my defenses and hand out some spanks :)

Perducci
05-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2. :D

Markus. D
05-31-2006, 10:41 PM
single RTS like Drakengard 2.

Battle Realms is a gooood rts.

I Took the Red Pill
05-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2. :D

single RTS like Drakengard 2.

Battle Realms is a gooood rts.

He's asking not what your favorite RTS is, but what your strategy is. I personally like to build up a very, very large attack force and leave my "bases" (which I use as a general term for all RTS's) guarded by a much smaller force. It works for attack, but I often get crushed when defending.

Drift
06-03-2006, 11:29 PM
i'm like Hsu, i can beat med bots, but not hard :( humans are evil as well. C&C Generals!

Maxico
06-04-2006, 01:01 AM
I usually spend ages trying to get to the top of the tech tree and get all the cool units. Only to get destroyed by a giant army of conventional tanks.

That's my strategy.

Rase
06-04-2006, 02:18 AM
I try to use walls and defensive structures a lot while I fully upgrade all my guys, but I usually get killed by an army of a million medium guys who all attack at one spot and blow through my defenses.

I'm the France of RTS's.