PDA

View Full Version : Overrated boss fights

Venom
06-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Well I just got through fighting Lombardia from Wild Arms 3, and he was easier than game faq made him out to be.

So have you ever been in a fight with a boss that people said was extremely hard, and despite what they said that boss was particulary easy?

DK
06-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Pretty much everything from FFX storywise. Yunalesca gave lots of people problems but I beat her on my first try with no real difficulty and I think an overkill. Other than that I dunno.

Dreddz
06-01-2006, 12:26 AM
MGS's boss battles arent as great as people claim....

Gau Dude
06-01-2006, 12:59 AM
The last boss in "Legend of the Mystical Ninja", although that's not an RPG.
Ultros sucks too. You know, the purple squid from FFVI. He was as hard as promised, but everybody loved him, and he was a pain in the ass. I wish I WERE a character from FFVI (EVEN GAU! I WOULD EVEN TAKE CECIL!) just to kick his ass for real. And I don't care how much times Kefka throws me some 500 lvl. mega-lightning-bolt. At least Kefka is COOL.

~SapphireStar~
06-01-2006, 01:04 AM
The final boss of Grandia 2, Zera Valmar. Beat him first time round.

Medi
06-01-2006, 03:51 AM
A lot of people (in fact most people) think that Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime is beyond difficult. I found the battle to be quite simple. And pretty much the same thing Kyono said.

Erdrick Holmes
06-01-2006, 03:56 AM
The bosses of FFX.

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 04:13 AM
Everyone said Xaldin was tough, but I didn't find him that hard. (Annoying yes, but not difficult.)

Barbarossa in VP was said to be really tough, but I just magic-nuked him anyway.

On the opposite side, everyone said Psuedo Blair in SO3 was easy, but she did damage me quite a bit.

StarChild
06-01-2006, 05:07 AM
the final boss in FFIX...too easy if you ask me

goldraine
06-01-2006, 06:17 AM
Hmm...

Night Terror from Soulcalibur III. Beat him with Siegfried over half of my life left on my first try.

the final boss in FFIX...too easy if you ask me

Sephiroth in both Kingdom Hearts. I feel it wasn't as big of a challenge as it could have been.

Markus. D
06-01-2006, 06:49 AM
*summons Kishi-Sama*

The Collosi arent that awed out OR diffucult .... when playing through the second time.

Necronopticous
06-01-2006, 06:50 AM
I hear a lot of people rave about how awesome The End is in Metal Gear Solid 3, but I thought it was kind of boring and repetitive after awhile. It's not bad, but overrated? Definitely.

Dell
06-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Dark Senel and Dark Shirley. Most of the FAQ say that this is the hardest battle bla bla bla....but I find Cheese to be harder than this! Though I beat Dark Senel and Dark Shirley, I still have problem when fighting Schwartz/e.

Captain Maxx Power
06-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Omega Weapon from FF8. I could beat him in my sleep.

Also Zeromus_EG in the GBA version of FF4 wasn't as tough as I thought. Lunar Odin gave me more hassle.

Cz
06-01-2006, 12:17 PM
I never really had any problems with Yunalesca either. And I'd agree with medigodoom that the Omega Pirate wasn't a particularly tough battle once you'd worked out the strategy. Meta Ridley was a much tougher adversary if you ask me, although still not particularly trying.

Roto13
06-01-2006, 12:45 PM
character from FFVI... CECILCecil isn't from Final Fantasy VI.
Hmm...

Night Terror from Soulcalibur III. Beat him with Siegfried over half of my life left on my first try.I did something similar with Mitsurugi. I think a big part of Night Terror is luck.

Twilight Edge
06-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Kuja.C'mon who'd lose once,EVEN ONCE,to a man wearing a thong?

Sergeant Hartman
06-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Kuja.C'mon who'd lose once,EVEN ONCE,to a man wearing a thong?
It's more like a box with some string.

Gau Dude
06-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Cecil isn't from Final Fantasy VI.

*Spoilers*
Wasn't he the old knight who his family died and he saw them later on the Phantom Train?
Oh wait, that was Cyan. Cecil was the FFIV one, and he sucked too.

Craig
06-01-2006, 10:51 PM

I know, I couldn't believe it when I realised I didn't have to fight anything afterwards.

Acid Raine
06-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Safer Sephiroth!!! He is VERY easy! Just time consuming because he uses Super Nova as much as an alcoholic drinks!

Chris
06-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Necron from FFIX. He's so easy if you have the right things equipped.

Shoeberto
06-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Yunalesca in FFX. I went into the battle afraid I'd get a smackdown on me, since I'd read a lot of things online, and ended up beating her on the first try.

KentaRawr!
06-01-2006, 11:27 PM
De Rol Le from PSO, I guess. There was also the final boss in FF7. Easy boss he was. :O

DK
06-02-2006, 12:54 AM
I hear a lot of people rave about how awesome The End is in Metal Gear Solid 3, but I thought it was kind of boring and repetitive after awhile. It's not bad, but overrated? Definitely.

Lies :( that boss battle is hot.

Maxico
06-02-2006, 01:15 AM
I think most of the bosses in MGS3 were a rather dull when compared to the Bosses in MGS2.

The End was the most interesting out of the lot, but none of them came near to the Harrier or Olga.

And they generally played the same on Extreme as they did on normal, whilst the bosses on MGS2 sometimes played very differently on Extreme.

Giga Guess
06-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Yunaleasca and Xaldin as mentioned...MFA from FFX was way easy....he never did get to his overdrive, even once.

bipper
06-02-2006, 02:46 AM
My boss at work is very feared, but I win every time. Well, at my old job at least.

Kyono has it all summed up with FFX. Game was cakewalk. I think this is what makes Yunalesca hard. She is comparativly hard to the rest of the boss battles to that point, but in retrospec (or through foresight) she is not all that hard.

Bipper

Moon Rabbits
06-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Cecil isn't from Final Fantasy VI.

*Spoilers*
Wasn't he the old knight who his family died and he saw them later on the Phantom Train?
Oh wait, that was Cyan. Cecil was the FFIV one, and he sucked too.

Cecil > Cyan > you.

As for whoever spewed blasphemy about the MGS boss fights, you lie! LIE I SAY. MGS1 had the best boss fights ever, and the best death scenes ever, the later games not so much.

Overrated boss battles == Emerald Weapon (FF7), Shinryuu(FFX), and Ice Golem (KH)

I Took the Red Pill
06-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Garai from CC was a pushover, the guide I read afterwards said he was supposed to be really hard.

Twilight Edge
06-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Safer Sephiroth!!! He is VERY easy! Just time consuming because he uses Super Nova as much as an alcoholic drinks!

oh brother,you can even eqiup Buster sword on Cloud and just Omnislash him to death.

Acid Raine
06-02-2006, 03:57 AM

oh brother,you can even eqiup Buster sword on Cloud and just Omnislash him to death.
As one would expect the Omnislasher Draco to do.....

KuRt
06-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Do strategy game final missions count as boss fights? If they do, i have to say StarCraft: Brood War
Everyone (almost) said that the final mission is teh hardest evar!!1!
I was dissapointed in it. It was really easy in my opinion.

Don't know about overrated but the most dissapointing was Necron.
You go to Memoria to beat Kuja, the badass. After that comes a lame boss whose name was never ever mentioned in the game. He was also too easy.
I think the boss fight of FFIX would've been better if they just took Necron out of it and made Kuja a lot harder.

Contagion
06-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Emerald Weapon and Safer Sephiroth - wow they are so easy. :p

Still can't do Ruby Weapon though.

StarChild
06-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Necron from FFIX. He's so easy if you have the right things equipped.

or just have dark matter and then use "shock" twice, and he's dead :D

CloudedSquall
06-04-2006, 11:12 PM
I think most of the bosses in MGS3 were a rather dull when compared to the Bosses in MGS2.

The End was the most interesting out of the lot, but none of them came near to the Harrier or Olga.

And they generally played the same on Extreme as they did on normal, whilst the bosses on MGS2 sometimes played very differently on Extreme.

I swear there were only about 3 bosses IN MGS2.. love the game though. The character development for them was much better in that game than it was in MGS3 for the bosses.

My gosh i love those games

chaos_ghost
06-05-2006, 04:51 AM
Sephiroth in both Kingdom Hearts. I feel it wasn't as big of a challenge as it could have been.

Seriously? He killed me like 12 times in a row.

I think Xenmas was extremely easy, as was Braska's Final Aeon. An honorable mention has to be Ganon from Legand of Zelda: OoT.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-05-2006, 12:42 PM

I think Xenmas was extremely easy, as was Braska's Final Aeon. An honorable mention has to be Ganon from Legand of Zelda: OoT.

If you want more of a challenge, try fighting Ganon with the Iron Boots equipped.

chaos_ghost
06-05-2006, 03:54 PM
If you want more of a challenge, try fighting Ganon with the Iron Boots equipped.

Already did it. It wasn't exactly easy, but not really hard either. To be honest, I had a harder time with Bongo Bongo.

Maxico
06-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I swear there were only about 3 bosses IN MGS2.

I count about 8. Granted you fight vamp twice in different situations.

Giga Guess
06-06-2006, 12:58 AM

Already did it. It wasn't exactly easy, but not really hard either. To be honest, I had a harder time with Bongo Bongo.

Pssssh. The amoeba boss was my tough one.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-06-2006, 01:00 AM

Ugh...I hated Morpha.

I also think that the Ice Titan is easier than he's cracked up to be.

Giga Guess
06-06-2006, 01:03 AM

Ugh...I hated Morpha.

I also think that the Ice Titan is easier than he's cracked up to be.

Oh god....once I had an idea of what I was doing....he was my levelling up enemy.

Roto13
06-06-2006, 02:30 AM

Ugh...I hated Morpha.
XD Hah! I beat him in 6 seconds once. I never take any damage from him. I never really knew why people find him so difficult.

Giga Guess
06-06-2006, 02:33 AM

Ugh...I hated Morpha.
XD Hah! I beat him in 6 seconds once. I never take any damage from him. I never really knew why people find him so difficult.

*Kicks Roto*

Roto13
06-06-2006, 02:39 AM

Ugh...I hated Morpha.

*Kicks Roto*
It's really not that hard. Morpha is frigging slow. All you have to do is stand back and wait for the nucleus to come out of the water and come towards you, then longshot it. Stab it a few times before it goes back into the water. If you're good (and you're not) you can even trap it between you and the wall, killing it in a few seconds.

chaos_ghost
06-06-2006, 02:55 AM
Ah yes, Morpha, yet another pitiful boss. After a quick mental rundown of all the bosses in this game, I have made a list of the bosses that posed a challenge to me:

Bongo Bongo
Twinrova

That's about it. And now that I think about it, with all the hype he got in game, Vulvagia(sp?) was very overrated.

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 03:02 AM
Twinrova wasn't difficult. :cat: I never had a problem, at any rate. Though I haven't played OoT in a while. What boss was Bongo Bongo?

chaos_ghost
06-06-2006, 03:15 AM
Twinrova wasn't difficult. :cat: I never had a problem, at any rate. Though I haven't played OoT in a while. What boss was Bongo Bongo?

Bongo Bongo was the Shadow Temple boss. I think the reason I found Twinrova challenging is because I lack the calmness to wait for the attack with the Mirror Shield to charge up.

Giga Guess
06-06-2006, 04:33 AM

Ugh...I hated Morpha.

*Kicks Roto*
It's really not that hard. Morpha is frigging slow. All you have to do is stand back and wait for the nucleus to come out of the water and come towards you, then longshot it. Stab it a few times before it goes back into the water. If you're good (and you're not) you can even trap it between you and the wall, killing it in a few seconds.

*Kicks Roto HARDER!*

Carl the Llama
06-06-2006, 01:11 PM
i am the same.. now the Eye of Valmar on the other hand... possibly the hardest boss iv ever fought

also i never had any trouble with the Zelda: OOT's bosses wind waker on the other hand the gannon final battle was the hardest second hardest boss on a zelda game iv ever fought (with that worm snake like thing that throws you off the platform being the hardest)

also if you want a challenge in MGS3 try KO them its much better that way

cant believe you had trouble with Sefiroth, i killed him like 14 times in a row on hard (so i could get to level 99) and he was a walkover

Roto13
06-06-2006, 03:55 PM
*Kicks Roto HARDER!*
Bitter? ;)

Ultima Shadow
06-06-2006, 05:10 PM
OMEGA WEAPON IN FFVIII FOR MOST OVERRATED BOSS THERE EVER WAS!!!

Also, 90% of all the other FF super bosses are overrated as well.

chaos_ghost
06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
i am the same.. now the Eye of Valmar on the other hand... possibly the hardest boss iv ever fought

also i never had any trouble with the Zelda: OOT's bosses wind waker on the other hand the gannon final battle was the hardest second hardest boss on a zelda game iv ever fought (with that worm snake like thing that throws you off the platform being the hardest)

also if you want a challenge in MGS3 try KO them its much better that way

cant believe you had trouble with Sefiroth, i killed him like 14 times in a row on hard (so i could get to level 99) and he was a walkover

What level where you on when you killed Sephiroth? And btw, Ganon in Wind Waker was very tough.

Roto13
06-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Ganondorf in Wind Waker was definitely the easiest Zelda final boss. Unless you're talking about Puppet Ganon, who was kinda tricky.

KentaRawr!
06-07-2006, 01:38 AM
I'm going to smash you all for abusing the pyramids. :smash:

Gau Dude
06-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Cecil > Cyan > you.

Thank you, good person, for showing me my insignificant point in this world!

Acid Raine
06-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Cecil > Cyan > you.

Thank you, good person, for showing me my insignificant point in this world!
actually, I see it more as Cecil > you > Cyan > Tidus

Carl the Llama
06-08-2006, 06:06 PM
What level where you on when you killed Sephiroth? And btw, Ganon in Wind Waker was very tough.

The first time i beat him was 60ish, all you have to do is time your attacks and when he starts doing that "I will kill you in one hit" move all you have to do is knock him out of it or have a healthy supply of elixiers