PDA

View Full Version : Final Boss help

Erdrick Holmes
06-01-2006, 02:16 AM
I've been fighting the final boss (zeromus, I think was it's name). I got my ass handed to me by him when I fought against him. Like how do I kill this thing?

My party is

Lv 56 Cecil, 55 Rosa, 56 Edge, 53 Rydia (with Bahamut, Ifrit, Titan, Shiva, Ramuh, Dragon, Asura, Leviathan, Sylph, and Chocobo), and Kain level 58.

These stats were at the closest savepoint before going deeper where I fight enemies like Behemoth and Wicked Mask.

Evastio
06-01-2006, 02:36 AM
You're probably playing FFIV Advance right?

Have you got the Ragnarok, Holy Lance, Masamune, and Murasame? Those weapons will really help.

Also you're getting Rosa to cast Curaja every round right?

Captain Maxx Power
06-01-2006, 12:09 PM
First of all, with those stats you should technically floor Zeromus. Secondly, be sure to have a few people in your party equipped with Ribbons, otherwise Big Bang will hand you your face on a platter. Thirdly try knocking down the battle speed and setting it to wait to maximise your turns to be as quick as possible. Edge should throw any weapons you aren't using of worth, Kain should be jumping, Rydia should be casting Bahamut at the least, and Rosa should be Curing/Buffing where applicable. O, and run from everything in the last few levels of the dungeon, they're not worth the hassle.

Peter_20
06-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Have Cecil get the Crystal Sword and Kain use the White Lance.
THEN, you go out like this:

Cecil: Fight - Elixir, Life
Rydia: Nuke, Meteo, Bahamut
Edge: Dart (Excalibur, Shuriken... heck, throw EVERYTHING away!) - Elixir, Life
Rosa: Cure4
Kain: Jump - Elixir, Life

Basically, have your wizards go all out with their magics, and use your weaker fighters to heal up any injuries. :D

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't exactly recommend using Bahamut since Zeromus counters with Flare. Holy does tremendous damage, but Rosa will be healing too often with Curaja to ever get a chance. Cain and Cecil should be attacking, and administering medicine as needed. Rydia too. (Sure, you can use Meteo, but it takes a long time.) Rosa = Healing with Curaja. Edge = Throwing everything. Seriously.

Too bad FFIVA doesn't have the duping trick though. That sucks. I loved whalloping Zeromus with Excaliburs. :cat:

Edit: Don't waste time with Haste/Berserk/other positive statuses. Our good old epitome of hatred will just use Black Hole and negate them.

james 14
06-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't think Rydia has learned Meteo yet anyhow...from what I remember it's not until somewhere in the 60s...maybe 66 I think I remember once. I am guessing your HP levels are around the high 3000ss for Cecil and Kain.
So far the advice here has been good. It shouldn't be too hard to do. Have Rydia use Nuke. She always seems to cast this spell VERY quickly when I play. Rosa should heal and use White/Holy. Edge should dart everything...including the Masamune since he won't need it if he's darting.

The only other thing I would tell you is to gain more levels. Get you HP levels for Cecil and Kain around 5000 and it should be easy

Peter_20
06-03-2006, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't exactly recommend using Bahamut since Zeromus counters with Flare.More than I knew, then. :p

eestlinc
06-11-2006, 04:28 AM
yea, you just need to heal every turn with someone and use the best attacks with everyone else. if you happen to lose a few characters at once spend the turn reviving and healing.

Rydia should case Flare since it's fast and powerful. You could try having Rosa cast Holy and having Edge use elixirs on people for healing instead, if you have a lot of elixirs, but that's probably not worth the trouble. You could also bring both Porom and Rosa so you have a healer and a Holy user.

james 14
06-16-2006, 03:42 AM
Just beat it and I must say...if you are still at those levels you won't stand a chance.
The first time I got killed pretty quickly. I learned NOT to use Nuke/Flare with Rydia because Z counters with the same. I made her cast Meteo. It didn't take that long and saved me losing a character due to Flare/Nuke.
Rosa cures on EVERY turn. Cure 4 even if you don't need it. Have others use Lifes/PhoenixDowns when someone falls. If you are using a version where you can do the doubling trick then I suggest getting around 9 or 10 Excaliburs and have Edge dart those for around 9k per shot. Keep him alive first and foremost...then Rosa.

Get Rydia to level 60 and she should learn Meteo. That's where she learned it for me this past time I played through.

Sefie1999AD
06-16-2006, 05:56 PM
I have Cecil use his sword to attack Zeromus, maybe heal or revive some characters if Rosa is busy doing other things, Kain jumps, Edge throws everything and finally attacks, Rosa keeps casting Cure 4 every turn until Zeromus starts using Meteo. That's when I have her use Holy to finish off the last boss. :p Rydia casts Bahamut or maybe Ashura if you need healing, though casting Ashura is quite risky. Or when Zeromus starts using Meteo, I might have her use a Meteo of her own to defeat Zeromus. "Was it Meteo? I will show you how!" :D

I wouldn't exactly recommend using Bahamut since Zeromus counters with Flare.

In the Japanese Hard Type version for SNES, Zeromus counters the first Bahamut by casting Flare on one character. You'll most likely survive that. After that, he either doesn't counter at all, or he just uses Bio on one character, which hardly does any damage. It's pretty safe using Bahamut against Zeromus at least for me, especially when it usually does 8000-9000+ damage and is quick to cast.

Aurongel
07-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I was lvl 58, all around with about every character sept Kain (lvl 62), I basically owned the asshole with constant attacks, and curaja on everyone, every round

cecil+rosa
08-24-2006, 08:04 PM
where do you get ribons?

Zeromus_X
08-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh. Well, thanks Sephiroth. :cat: I do know he counters the other offensive summons with Bio though.

You get two Ribbons from beating the Lunasaurs in the final dungeon. I think they're also a very rare drop from those 'Kary' monsters (or whatever the real name is, I don't remember right now).

Kain2000
08-28-2006, 05:40 PM
wat i did on the few floors before fighting him, I just kept running from every battle, even the behemoths (cuz it works there) so i could save my energy 4 Zeromus.

Sefie1999AD
08-28-2006, 06:20 PM
You don't really need to save your energy for Zeromus, though, because your party gets restored to full HP and MP just before you fight him.