PDA

View Full Version : hurrah optional bosses

rubah
06-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Well, kishi you oughtn't've gone to bed so early, you missed me beating shinryuu:(

I was going to go and steal a full set of hiryuu lances (8) but I got tired after two, so I decided to skip going all the way back out of the void exiting the cleft of dimensions (again. With Omega I left and went back to master a few more jobs in the basement at val castle quickly) to go back to the steamship and get the thief glove (which I did do, but decided it wasn't worth saving)

So with everyone bare and level 47 except poor lenna who was level 46 I decided to tackle the dragony dude.

Bartz: !jump, !jikuu (masamune for first strike, hermes ring for auto haste)
Lenna: !jump, !white (geared toward high magic power)
Cara: same as lenna
Faris: !jump, !blue (two dragon lances, equipped for speed and strength)

bartz jumped, shinryuu waterified me, then he landed and faris cast mighty/big/whatever guard, bartz cast fast2 on his next turn, and lenna and cara were cure3/arisin' it up. Faris jump jump jump'd doing 9999 with both hits, snowstorm didn't kill anyone, thanks to the shell activity 8) Bartz had it rough though, he got the short end of roulette and stoning, but right after cara esna'd him and lenna was about to cure 3, faris chomped down with another set of 19998 and the big guy disappeared :D

That was really surprising about shinryuu and omega, their low HP. well it wouldn't seem so low if I was stuck with weapons doing 1000-2000 dmg a hit I guess xD

I beat omega yesterday with bare classes, but decided to go back and beat him and get some AP out of it. I forget the setup exactly, but I think everyone except cara got the 100 AP. It was the general stuff with bolt sword x-fight'd. at first, I kept trying to get everyone to fight, but then I realized I need healers, else they'd keep dying, and surprisingly, you don't really need but one fighter. 5000*8 is nearly enough to kill him, so two rounds should really do it. like I said, if they had more hp then wowie;o

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Yay!! I've never beaten any of 'em, so congrats.

Edit: Well, they can only fit like ~65,000 HP as the max for monster's HP. (I don't remember the exact number.) Ah well. Maybe FFVA will have a bigger super-monster.

ScottNUMBERS
06-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I found their low HP to be very dissapointing, nonetheless they're still pretty hard to beat, congratulations!

Omega's offencive attacks are scary-strong but defensivly he's a big wussy, the first time I killed him he went down in three rounds (X-Fight + Ragonorok + Brave Blade + Bolt3 Sword :heart:).

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Also (although you all probably knew this) Omega only does his 4-in-a-row attack as a counter attack.

Are you playing the Japanese version rubah? :cat:

rubah
06-01-2006, 10:25 PM
fanslation of the rom

The legendary Shadow
06-05-2006, 08:41 PM
at the first time I have beaten omega I needed only one attack with a level 50 character and Shinryu went down in two rounds with only one dragon lance and the rest were normal weapons.

Fantasy Fan
06-10-2006, 05:22 PM
the only bosses that matter are Gilgamesh and Exdeath!