PDA

View Full Version : Wats The Best Materia Combos

YuffiezBf
06-01-2006, 09:04 AM
-Wats The Best Materia Combos-
Me...i dunno.
Im asking so i can find out.
Ritte now only wun i realli use is like...
Counter attack + Cover + AddedEffect + Sleep
Pretty Sweet.
Oh that and ofcourse All + Watever
Im only on 2nd disc Round Clouds Coma.
So dats all the combos i got.
But i know there must b betta wunz den that!?!?!?
Ritte??
[!]http://joe.le.dewley.free.fr/yuffie/17.jpg[/!]
Do not post unnecessary images. ~ Leeza

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 09:06 AM
8x Counter/Mime. :p

Really.

YuffiezBf
06-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I Heard bout Muti. Counter b4..
Is dere sumwhere dat lets you buy CounterAttack Materia?
er do i gotta find it all on my own...
[!]http://joe.le.dewley.free.fr/yuffie/76.jpg[/!]

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Heh, what's up with all the funny pictures? Well, they are funny at least.

If I'm not mistaken, you can get Counter Attack from the Battle Square? Or perhaps it's one that you can only discover somewhere? I'm not 100% positive on that.

YuffiezBf
06-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Thank You.
The Pixx o0o I dunno..I jus have no life.
so i google Yuffie till i find nice wuns to add to my posts here.
anywayz...
[!]http://joe.le.dewley.free.fr/yuffie/105.jpg[/!]

Dell
06-01-2006, 12:12 PM
:choc2: :mog: + Quadra Magic
Other Slot: W-Summon.

This will pwns everyone else.

six underground
06-01-2006, 12:53 PM
i make Cloud a ninja with Throw/Coin, Mug, and Flash (Slash-All) with the Master Summon for backup.

i made Vincent a mage with m. magic materia and Mp absorb and m. command.
...and Cid for my lovely third character, with Enemy Skill (White Wind :save: )and Mime :)

Twilight Edge
06-01-2006, 01:20 PM
KoTR+MP Turbo+W-Summon+loads of Magic Plus+Mime=Total pwnage.Skill name:KoTR pwns your ass.

or

Hades+added effect+slash all=Super Status effect attack.Skill name:Bad Breath Strike.

or

Comet+loads of Magic Plus+First Attack=9999 comet2 damage.Skill name:pwning your mom with a few comets dealing 9999 damage.

or

Omnislash+mime=you're dead.

Travisty
06-01-2006, 01:33 PM
everyone overlooking final attack+phoenix.......i love kotr but.....

and also u can get cou nterattacks from racing chocobos in a and s rank

YuffiezBf
06-01-2006, 03:46 PM
ic ThankYouThankYou

jjturtle12
06-02-2006, 05:39 AM
Heres a cool one: Sneak Attack + KOTR. another one: Mega-All + deathblow + HP absorb or MP Absorb. And Finally this one only works if you have three mime. W-summmon + KOTR an infinite number of times for 500 MP. Pretty Sweet huh?

TheSpoonyBard
06-02-2006, 11:19 AM
i-2) Advanced Materia Combinations

Added Cut[blue] = Master Command[yellow]
Double Cut[yellow]
You perform a kind of 5x-Cut.

HP Absorb[blue] = Master Command[yellow]
Double Cut[yellow]
You perform a 5x-Cut and absorb HP.

MP Absorb[blue] = Master Command[yellow]
Double Cut
You perform a 5x-Cut and absorb both HP and MP.

Added Effect[blue] = Destruct[green]
Sneak Attack[blue] = Death Blow[yellow]
MegaAll[purple]
Pre-emptive[purple]
As soon as the battle starts you perform a Death Blow (which is double normal damage) to the backs of all the enemies (which is double normal damage again) with a chance of killing them instantly. A true Death Blow.

HP Absorb[blue] = Any Magic[green]/Summon[red]
MP Absorb[blue] = Same Magic[green]/Summon[red]
MP Turbo[blue] = Same Magic[green]/Summon[red]
Quadra Magic[blue] = Same Magic[green]/Summon (not KotR)[red]
Sneak Attack[blue] = Same Magic[green]/Summon[red]
W-Magic/Summon[yellow]
You cast a very powerful spell or summon eight times at the beginning of battle, and you absorb both HP and MP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

j-2) Character Set-ups

All the Materia in this section is mastered to give the optimum effect. To have enough linked slots to equip these set-ups I recommend using Ultimate Weapons and Wizard Bracelets (16 linked slots all together).

The Mage:

Suggested Characters: Cloud, Vincent, Cait Sith

HP Absorb[blue] = Master Magic[green]
MP Absorb[blue] = Master Magic[green]
MP Turbo[blue] = Master Magic[green]
Quadra Magic[blue] = Ultima[green]
Sneak Attack[blue] = Ultima[green]
W-Magic[yellow] = MegaAll[purple]
Final Attack[blue] = Revive[green]
HP Plus[purple] = MP Plus[purple]

This set-up is very good as it gives you access to all the spells in the game so the character has a good variety of options. The HP and MP Pluses should give the character 9999 HP and 999 MP, but it depends on your level. As soon as a battle begins you cast a boosted Ultima four times, absorbing both HP and MP, and if anything survives that onslaught then you can cast any other spell twice to finish them off. If you die then you will automatically cast Life2 on the whole party thanks to MegaAll and Final Attack.

The Summoner:

Suggested Characters: Cloud, Vincent, Cait Sith

HP Absorb[blue] = Master Summon[red]
MP Absorb[blue] = Master Summon[red]
MP Turbo[blue] = Master Summon[red]
Quadra Magic[blue] = Bahamut ZERO[red]
Sneak Attack[blue] = Knights Of The Round[red]
W-Summon[yellow] = Mime[yellow]
Final Attack[blue] = Phoenix[red]

This set-up is similar to the Mage, but this takes advantage of the incredible power of summoning. The MegaAll has been exchanged for Mime so the character can perform the Summon again without using any MP. The benefit of this is you will still receive HP and MP after the summoning. In case you die you will automatically cast Phoenix, which revives your party and causes Fire damage to all enemies.

The Thief:

Suggested Characters: Tifa, Yuffie, Red XIII, Cid

Steal As Well[blue] = Master Command[yellow]
Sneak Attack[blue] = Steal[yellow]
Cover[purple] = HP Plus[purple]
MegaAll[purple] = Gil Plus[purple]
Counter[blue] = Mime[yellow]

This is the best set-up if you love items and gil. At the start of every battle you will Mug all opponents, absorbing HP in the process. Any command you chose will steal from all enemies due to Steal As Well and MegaAll. If any member of your team is attacked then you will cover, and counter three times with whatever move came before, stealing in the process. The Gil Plus is added to increase your post-battle rewards. You could equip the Sneak Glove to improve your chances of stealing even further.

The Counterer:

Suggested Characters: Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Red XIII, Yuffie, Cait Sith, Vincent, Cid

HP Plus[blue] = Cover[purple]
Double Cut[yellow] = W-Item[yellow]
MP Plus[purple] = Enemy Skill[yellow]
Counter Attack[purple] = Counter Attack[purple]

Quite simple. Any attack that is aimed at your party is intercepted, and the poor creature that tried to annoy your team-mate gets attacked 8 times. This is a highly recommended strategy to use against Emerald WEAPON, especially if you have Yuffie and her Conformer.

The Balanced Master:

Suggested Characters: Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Red XIII, Yuffie, Cait Sith, Vincent, Cid

Master Magic[green] = All[blue]
Master Summon[red] = MP Absorb[blue]
Master Command[yellow] = HP Absorb[blue]
Double Cut[yellow] = Counter Attack[purple]
W-Magic[yellow] = W-Summon[yellow]
Final Attack[blue] = Phoenix[red]
Enemy Skill[yellow] = W-Item[yellow]

This is my basic set-up for random battles. The Master Magic and the All allow you to cure your whole party or attack all enemies, the Master Summon and the MP Absorb mean you never run low on MP, the Master Command and the HP Absorb mean you never run low on HP, because you absorb HP when you perform a 4x-Cut as well. If you find yourselves up against a particularly nasty enemy then you will automatically cast Phoenix if you die. The Enemy Skill provides you with very useful abilities such as Shadow Flare, Pandora's Box, and Big Guard. The W-Magic, W-Summon, and W-Item allow you to use two of each in one turn, and the HP and MP Pluses are there to ensure both are at their maximum.

The Emerald WEAPON Beater:

Suggested Characters: Cloud, Barret, Yuffie, Cid

Mime[yellow] = Counter[blue]

Only have this set-up on one character, preferably one with multiple hitting Limit Breaks such as Cloud's Omnislash, Barret's Ungarmax, Cid's Highwind or Yuffie's Doom of the Living. Before entering the battle you should equip another character with W-Item, and the character with this set-up should have a full Limit gauge. Use 2 Hero Drinks with W-Item on the character with the full Limit gauge to boost their stats, and then use the character's Limit Break. Don't input any commands with the remaining characters. When it is his turn again use Mime to repeat the Limit Break eight times. Should the character get hit they will perform their Limit Break eight times over. Throughout the whole battle leave the other two characters alone, otherwise it will spoil the line of action and he will no longer be able to Mime the Limit Break. Using this method you should be able to defeat Emerald WEAPON in just under 1 minute 20 seconds.

Dell
06-02-2006, 11:35 AM
That is brilliant, Endless Twilight.

My opinion about :choc2: :mog: is still the same.

DarkLord
06-13-2006, 04:00 PM
A great one to stop you dying
final attack revive

daggertrepe
06-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Ultima and W-item and W-summon

Then again, Knights of the Round is very lovely...:p

Goldenboko
06-14-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm surprised not alot of you (if any i didn't read all the posts) said Knights of The Round paired with HP absorb and Mime. Use Knights of the Round Lots of damage, and (depending on enemy's HP) a full heal. If you are fighting a strong enemy you can then use Mime and you'll win every battle, that's how I beat Ruby and Emerald.