PDA

View Full Version : Mokujin style martial arts training puppet

rincewind
06-01-2006, 09:49 AM
Does anyone have any good ideas regarding how to make a full human size mokujin (from the Tekken game series) training puppet to hand by a chain, as you would a large kickbag?
I intend to use logs and chains as the main materials :)
I'll be grateful for any feedback. :)

Mo-Nercy
06-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I suppose some sort of metal frame would be necessary to make the Mokujin stand up. You would intend to have joints in all the appropriate places etc.

Then bless with hippy magic and teach it Capoeira.

DK
06-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Kuma > Mokujin

rincewind
06-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Hehe..hippy magics... :D I'm gonna try to hang it from something like i do with my kickbag.

I'd say you were right about kuma being greater, but i really don't fancy my chances against a bear! At least with a wooden puppet i can run away :D

Mo-Nercy
06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Hehe..hippy magics... :D I'm gonna try to hang it from something like i do with my kickbag.

I'd say you were right about kuma being greater, but i really don't fancy my chances against a bear! At least with a wooden puppet i can run away :D
What if your wooden puppet blessed with hippy magic assumes a style of Mishima Bear Fighting Karate (or whatever it is that Kuma uses)?

You'd be rightly screwed.

DK
06-01-2006, 04:11 PM
You could just get a friend and do this:

http://parn.pro.br/pips/20050521/kodama2005_64.jpg

Paulchotic found that picture. I used to have a really really good one but I can't find it so that will do. Kuma is still better, though. If your training dummy assumed the Kuma Style you would indeed be boned.

rincewind
06-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Awesome! That rocks!
One word comes to mind when faced with a big wooden bear fighting thing... "bugger!" ooo..innuendo...i'm so funny..

Drift
06-02-2006, 11:55 AM
you mean like so
http://nice.daa.jp/img/mokujin.jpg

rincewind
06-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Something along those lines yeah, but I want it to have a mokujin style look and have proper limbs along with the ones like the above.

The reason for that, besides aesthetics, is so i can work on various twisting moves that i could not do with limbs as shown above.

I also want to have a socket in order to place things to break. :D