PDA

View Full Version : PSP sinking or learning to swim?

Carmilla
06-01-2006, 03:10 PM
With the new DS Lite coming out next week, putting more excitement into a system thats already winning, does that signal the knockout punch for the PSP?

Ive tried the DSL and love it but i wont be buying it until they release the black one over here in states... however long that may be.

And so far i wouldnt even think of buying a PSP because of its mediocre and non existant game library.

But, and this is a big but, if the PSP gets a price drop around Christmas i might think of picking one up. Because by then it will have Valkyrie Profile - Lenneth, FF7 - Crisis Core, and Metal Gear Solid - Portable Ops.

Plus today on Gamestop, they are reporting about PSP's download connection problems and the firing of the guy in charge, the chief technology officer and Connect advocate.

So hows the PSP's future look to you? :choc2:

DeathKnight
06-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Somewhere in between. it's starting to sell in Japan. But DS's still kicking its ass from left to right

Shoden
06-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Once FF 7 CC comes out the DS will be shot in the head, literally, there's a hell of alot more exciting games due out for the PSP now, I got a PSP instead of a DS because it's also a kickass multimedia storage device and looks cooler. the PSP itself here was £200 back in November. Once these games come out poor nintendo are going to have alot of trouble. I still prefer mass slaughter on GTA LCS on the PSP then any of the DS games. The DS light looks good, but still the whole dual screen thing gives me serious problems. They're both doing well. The PSP's spotlight of fame just isn't ready yet.

Roto13
06-01-2006, 05:24 PM
The DS will probably continue to be on top, even after PSP has four or five good games.

Erdrick Holmes
06-01-2006, 05:27 PM
The PSP would have a good chance at sales if it's library wasn't all racing games.

Dreddz
06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
The PSP went off to a bad start, but the line up its got now in my opinion is better than the DS's. And the new features its going to get soon will make it a far superior handheld to the DS, im most looking forward to it being able to emulate PSX games, legally by Sony. And by the looks of it, its going to be free.
Then again, I dont really know what the DS is going to be able to do in the next year or so, I should probably research.

I play my PSP all the time, Im not surprised that alot of people arent playing it, mainly because there arent many PSP games that arent racing or action games. I only started playing my PSP more when Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max came out...

~SapphireStar~
06-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Ive already got a PSP and some decent games, but hopefully it will pick up again with some good releases. Ive got more PSP games then DS games.

I Took the Red Pill
06-01-2006, 08:40 PM
The DS has so much momentum, the PSP won't be able to top it.

KentaRawr!
06-01-2006, 08:49 PM
I don't think the PSP will "beat" the DS, but I think it will at least earn Sony some money. I see a fairly good future for the PSP, and I must admit that now that I have seen Crisis Core screenshots, I absolutely NEED a PSP, so that I can get that game. But I still prefer my snuggly huggly DS. :)

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Valkyrie Profile - Lenneth

:excited:

Really, it does need new good games. That doesn't mean it doesn't have bad games, just that the DS hads so many other good games then it does.

But...yay!!

DJZen
06-01-2006, 11:28 PM
It's Ridge Racer! RIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!

I Took the Red Pill
06-01-2006, 11:32 PM

Damn, I forgot to take that into consideration. The DS may fall yet. Although the DS has its own RR, Kaz delivered on the PSP on a level that cannot be paralleled by Nintendo. That could singlehandedly cause the downfall of Nintendo.

Just kidding.

Ruskies
06-02-2006, 06:42 AM
I love my psp because it has Initial D, Breath of fire III, Tales of Eternia and Lumines. I like my DS because it has Phoenix wright, Trauma Center, Electroplankton and Ouendan. The main difference I see between the two are when I play my psp its for a few hours at a time. Whenever I play my DS its only for a short while like one or two Trauma Center missions, a lil Phoenix wright and so on. So my psp gets used a lot more. They both only have few awesome games in my opinion but looking at the games coming out from my point of view the DS has quantity with games like Deep Labyrinth, Contact, Dragon quest heroes, Children of Mana, Panzer Tactics, FF Crystal Chronicles, Xenosaga Ep.1+1, FFIII, Point Blank and most of all Phoenix Wright 2: Justice for all. The PSP has a few quality games on the way like Spectral Souls, Legend of Heroes 2, FF Crisis Core, Astonisha story, Metal Gear Solid, Blade Dancer, Lumines 2 and hopefully Suikoden 1+2. So both are worthy and have a solid flow of games on the way it just seems to me the psp has the edge with the games. This is just one mans opinion though...

Rengori
06-02-2006, 06:45 AM
Me and my friends never shut up about that now. And you beat me to it too.

Rostum
06-03-2006, 06:42 AM
I never really thought about getting a PSP, until I saw Crisis Core. It does look pretty good, and I am a fan of FFVII... But for how much the handheld is over here, it's just not worth it, for one game. None of the other games released or have been announced, interest me at all.

The DS looks pretty fun, and it has more than a few games I'd love to get, but I'll have to wait and see, as I'm saving some money for other things.

Master Quan
06-03-2006, 10:35 AM
I only started playing my PSP more when Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max came out...

SFA3M is the only reason I'd ever consider buying a PSP.