PDA

View Full Version : Even more Final Fantasy XIII news

Crossblades
06-01-2006, 03:52 PM
http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2676

In the latest issue of Gemaga, Square-Enix released some more details regarding Final Fantasy XIII.

the scenario of the game is approximately 80% complete. There will be a number of vehicles to use in the game, and some may or may not take advantage of the PS3 controller's 6 degrees of movement. If one watches the trailer, the two yellow insignias on the woman's left shoulder are meant to show social status. This status will determine what types of conversations will happen with other characters in cities. A surprise given was that the woman that took up most of the trailer is not the main protagonist of Final Fantasy XIII. Square-Enix, however, did reveal that they were planning on giving the role of the main character to a woman.

DeathKnight
06-01-2006, 06:30 PM
http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2676

In the latest issue of Gemaga, Square-Enix released some more details regarding Final Fantasy XIII.

the scenario of the game is approximately 80% complete. There will be a number of vehicles to use in the game, and some may or may not take advantage of the PS3 controller's 6 degrees of movement. If one watches the trailer, the two yellow insignias on the woman's left shoulder are meant to show social status. This status will determine what types of conversations will happen with other characters in cities. A surprise given was that the woman that took up most of the trailer is not the main protagonist of Final Fantasy XIII. Square-Enix, however, did reveal that they were planning on giving the role of the main character to a woman.

HAHA! thanks Crossblades, you're great.

Wow, so 80% complete. Like I said, this game WILL be out by 2007-EEEEEEEEEEARLY 2008(it's meant to step all over FFXII, just like FFX did to IX).

-Social status=GREATNESS

Crossblades
06-01-2006, 08:20 PM
HAHA! thanks Crossblades, you're great.

lol Glad to help :D

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Looks to be shaping up nicely. At least we have an 'official' female main character. The idea of having different conversations has been implemented before, but this looks like more than everyone talking about how the sky turned red a few days ago. Cool.

Angi-Kaiser
06-02-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm looking forward to this game (even though I doubt I'll be playing it untill the PS3 falls near 300 dollars). What I'm really hoping for is (even though I know there is little to no chance of it hapening) a free-roaming world area, like the older Final Fantasys. You know, with building/dungeon icons that you walk into, leading to the actual place (unlike FF 10, which was basically a whole buch of roads and a few caves).

FallenAngel411
06-03-2006, 06:40 AM
Looking pretty exciting! And I don't really care whether there's an overworld or not, as long as the game is good.

~Megalixir~
06-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Wtf. The person in the pics (which is a woman) isnt the main character, but the main character... is a woman? What, are they promoting women's rights in Japan?

Zeromus_X
06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Some believe that Tina was the main character of FFVI. This just makes it better that this is actually official.

but the main character... is a woman? What, are they promoting women's rights in Japan?

I don't know if you were joking or what, but that sounds pretty sexist to me. And I'm pretty sure women in Japan have rights as well. Anyway, yes, the main character is a female. Is there a problem with that?

~Megalixir~
06-03-2006, 08:36 PM
As I can see your gender is... ?
Thats just sorta weird though. Oh... I must've confused Japan with China again. My Bad.

Zeromus_X
06-03-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm not a woman. That doesn't mean I don't think that kind of attitude is messed up though. At least try to joke around more carefully in the future, alright?

~Megalixir~
06-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok. Whatever. No Offense intended.

~SapphireStar~
06-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Another female lead to add to the ranks, excellent! We need more strong female leads.

Jojee
06-05-2006, 06:09 AM
Aw she isn't the main lead? :3 But she was so hot...

DeathKnight
06-05-2006, 06:56 AM

Hopefully it won't be a sissy/Vaan.

~SapphireStar~
06-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Its going to be a woman and I doubt they'd make a woman lead to be a "sissy."

~Megalixir~
06-07-2006, 02:55 PM
lol. With the Japanese, lately, gender switching seems very popular... those SE transvestites! XD lol quit switching my text lol lol. lol. lol.

Crossblades
06-07-2006, 03:48 PM
FF XIII may have Advent Children style battles

http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=2687

Many gamers received the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children movie with mixed thoughts, but most of them agreed that the movie had fantastic battle sequences. While this was only in a movie, Square-Enix seems to be pushing for Final Fantasy XIII to have battles just as people saw in the movie.

In an interview that was published at Japan's Degenki Online game site, the director of Final Fantasy XIII, Motomu Toriyama, stated, "FFXIII attempts to see how far it's possible to make FFVII Advent Children's battles into a game. FFVII Advent Children is a video production, and it showed us battles that have not been achievable in FF so far. With FFXIII, we're focusing on how far we can realize the video."

As many could have guessed, it will be some time before a playable version of Final Fantasy XIII is available. Toriyama revealed in the interview that the team is working on having a playable version of the game for next year's E3.

Mirage
06-07-2006, 04:50 PM

How do you know Vaan will be a sissy? Unless ofcourse you know japanese and imported it.

DeathKnight
06-07-2006, 05:02 PM

How do you know Vaan will be a sissy? Unless ofcourse you know japanese and imported it.

Better yet, how do you know he's not??????????????????? I am convinced he is, and I'll prove it once the game comes out.