PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality and prejudiced parents...

Peter_20
06-01-2006, 04:30 PM
This question has been torturing me forever now, and I think it's a very important one: what would happen if your parents detested homosexuality, and you one day turned out to be homosexual?

I'm not talking about myself on this one, it's a general question.

Omni-Odin
06-01-2006, 04:33 PM
My mom would still love me, but my dad might just cut me in half with a chainsaw or anything that caused pain.

DK
06-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Then we would become seperated. Hiding who you are is only ever going to end up torturing yourself and having bad consequences. If I found myself in that position I'd just have to leave them be and live my life. However, I guess it might be harder for someone who is very close to their family. I'm not that close to family.

Chris
06-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Honestly? I'd just continue to live out my life as I always have. I understand both sides of the issue; parents are worried about aids, but the newly "outed" just wanna have fun. It sounds stupid, but as moronic as it may sound, homosexuals are more promiscuous. I'm not saying that all are, but I do think that there's some truth behind that statement. Some may say that it isn't about sex...but who are we kidding here? Of course it's about sex. Bottom line: parents are worried about the consequences of their child "having fun," even more so when their child is gay.

~SapphireStar~
06-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Well my mum freaked when I told her I had a cursh on Angelina Jolie. If I came out of the closet I dont think my family would be 100% comfortable round me. None of them have gay friends, so Im sure they wouldnt know how to act round me.

Chris
06-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Well my mum freaked when I told her I had a cursh on Angelina Jolie.
But who haven't had a crush on Angelina Jolie? xD

Roto13
06-01-2006, 05:12 PM
My parents aren't/weren't homophobic (thankfully), but if they had been, I think I'd have been able to tell them to go fuck themselves. Dad, especially.

Miriel
06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
My Dad would probably try and perform an exorcism on me.

You think I'm joking, but I'm not.

DeathKnight
06-01-2006, 06:05 PM
slap me and tell me to love women, lol. And I sure do LOVE girls/women/babes/chicks :love:

Old Manus
06-01-2006, 06:12 PM
my dad might just cut me in half with a chainsaw or anything that caused pain.
lol

I'd threaten to tell my mother about my dad and the babysitter if things got out of hand.

Peter_20
06-01-2006, 06:16 PM
I think it's very sad that prejudiced views always have to cause problems all the time. :(

Breine
06-01-2006, 06:23 PM

Yeah, I mean... come on.. that is naturally expected.

Anyway, I don't think it would make such a big difference. I mean, if I was homosexual it wouldn't change who I was, except the fact that I would probably sleep with guys instead of girls, but that's not the point..! I think my parents would be somewhat shocked, but with time they'd absolutely accept it.

DeathKnight
06-01-2006, 06:27 PM

Me, I hate that b***H :mad2: bleh!

Captain VooDoo
06-01-2006, 06:28 PM
But who has not had a crush on Angelina Jolie? xD

well me for a start,she has a funny shaped head.

now on the subject,my parents arent homophobic so im not sure,but i guess they would just say "thats nice" and leave me be

starseeker
06-01-2006, 06:57 PM
My parents would probably accept me but my grandparents definately wouldn't.

Shlup
06-01-2006, 07:26 PM
I think my mom would be fine with it. My dad, however, would probably give me some half-assed-backwards bull about how he doesn't understand my "choice" but still loves me and just will look down on me and not support me for the rest of my life.

Rye
06-01-2006, 07:51 PM
My mom would still love me, but my dad might just cut me in half with a chainsaw or anything that caused pain.

Exactly. :p

Dignified Pauper
06-01-2006, 08:35 PM
i had this problem with my grandpa (who raised me) but we get along just like we did before he knew. just a little turmoil.

Further, this thread is ridiculous. Homosexuals are fags and no one cares about them

Tempest
06-01-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I'd be disowned. My mother would eventually get over but, my father, no way, no how. My grandparents would freak out too.

DarkLadyNyara
06-02-2006, 12:38 AM
My grandma is pretty cool about that, fortunatly. If she wasn't, I'd have just moved in with someone else in the familly.

Mirage
06-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Well my mum freaked when I told her I had a cursh on Angelina Jolie. If I came out of the closet I dont think my family would be 100% comfortable round me. None of them have gay friends, so Im sure they wouldnt know how to act round me.
They should just act the exact same way as they did before. maybe cut down on gay jokes, if they used to do them :p.

It's a hard question. I guess my mother would handle it much better than my father.

Giga Guess
06-02-2006, 12:55 AM
I think my mom would be fine with it. My dad, however, would probably give me some half-assed-backwards bull about how he doesn't understand my "choice" but still loves me and just will look down on me and not support me for the rest of my life.

And that's about where I am. Step daddy's only supportive of me when it makes him look like Super Papa. When no one notices it....not so much so.

Roto13
06-02-2006, 01:00 AM

And that's about where I am. Step daddy's only supportive of me when it makes him look like Super Papa. When no one notices it....not so much so.
When will you learn that step parents are for money, not love?

Giga Guess
06-02-2006, 01:16 AM

When will you learn that step parents are for money, not love?

Yeah, except he was intent on milking me for MINE, not vice versa. Matter of fact, wrenching a dime from him was like 10 round boxing.

Dignified Pauper
06-02-2006, 10:10 PM
I shoot homosexuals with BBs. Stupid homos.

kidney / theif
06-02-2006, 10:50 PM
My parents would flip, but after a few /cough/weeks/cough/ they'd be completely over it.

Why are they stupid?

Levian
06-02-2006, 11:00 PM
He's homosexual, he's allowed to make fun of them.

Anyway, my father would fr34k, but the rest of the family would get over it pretty quick.

kidney / theif
06-02-2006, 11:04 PM

Oh. :laughing:

I don't think anyone's parents would really like, stop loving their own kid just if he/she decided they were attracted to the same sex.

~SapphireStar~
06-02-2006, 11:18 PM
They should just act the exact same way as they did before.
Not my family. They would look at me differently and I know my cousins would drop harsh comments for a lark. But luckly everythings normal.

Dignified Pauper
06-02-2006, 11:40 PM

What are you talking about, you fayg. Don't call me gay ever again.

so... you wanna go make out?

Levian
06-02-2006, 11:50 PM
I thought you would never ask.

Peter_20
06-03-2006, 02:19 PM

so... you wanna go make out?I don't like your attitude. :mad:
Behave yourself, or just keep quiet, please.

Giga Guess
06-03-2006, 02:27 PM

so... you wanna go make out?I don't like your attitude. :mad:
Behave yourself, or just keep quiet, please.

Again, HE IS GAY. Everything he's saying is either sarcastic, or in good humor. Please chill.

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Man I know chill. Let the dude have his say, gay or not!