PDA

View Full Version : mistakes or just plain lazyness

CHOCOBO KEV
06-01-2006, 05:22 PM
here are a few mistakes in the game

1. When Aries dies the ribbion falls out her hair then it is back in after the cinimatic.

2. When Sephiroth falls down to kill Aries he is bare handed but then he is waring gloves.

3. When Cloud puts Aries in the watter there is no bloud or cuts on her dress.

4. At the end when you see Red and his children his children have tatoos. How did they get there?

5. DELETED FOR BEING PROVED WRITE

6. When Teseng dies ijn the temple of the anchients you can see him later on in the game. There is a seen with him in it. he is with Scarlet.

7. There are numorous spelling and grammer mistakes in the game. One is when sephiroth uses his move bizzaro energy bizzaro is spelt wrong.

8. They say off coures indted of of course or the other way around i can't remember.

9. When Sephiroth falls to kill Aries there is something wrong with the background. this is because she was origionaly going to die in the North Crater.

These are just some of the mistakes in the game if you have spotted any plz poste them here.

Thank You

TheSpoonyBard
06-01-2006, 05:30 PM
1+2. They're just differences between the FMV and in-game models. They're not going to redesign Aerith's model just because something happened in a FMV.
3. They didn't want to give the game a 15 rating. Anyway, it would've spoiled the perception of Aerith being the embodiment of that is good and innocent.
5. Simple - he's not the last of his kind.
6. Tseng didn't die, he was merely wounded. See 7.
7. Spelling, grammar and translation mistakes are rampant throughout the game.
9. Doesn't look like there's anything wrong with it to me.

crazybayman
06-01-2006, 05:33 PM
here are a few mistakes in the game

1. When Aries dies the ribbion falls out her hair then it is back in after the cinimatic.

2. When Sephiroth falls down to kill Aries he is bare handed but then he is waring gloves.

3. When Cloud puts Aries in the watter there is no bloud or cuts on her dress.

4. At the end when you see Red and his children his children have tatoos. How did they get there?

5. If red's the last of his sphies how did he have children?

6. When Teseng dies ijn the temple of the anchients you can see him later on in the game. There is a seen with him in it. he is with Scarlet.

7. There are numorous spelling and grammer mistakes in the game. One is when sephiroth uses his move bizzaro energy bizzaro is spelt wrong.

8. They say off coures indted of of course or the other way around i can't remember.

9. When Sephiroth falls to kill Aries there is something wrong with the background. this is because she was origionaly going to die in the North Crater.

These are just some of the mistakes in the game if you have spotted any plz poste them here.

Thank You
Tseng doesn't die. He's in Advent Children.

The numerous spelling and grammar mistakes can be attributed to poor translation from Japanese.

Its probably the norm for Red's species to have tatooes at an early age. Isn't Red only 15 or 16 by human years in the game? He had tatooes, then.

There's no blood or guts on Aeris for the same reason you don't see blood spurting everywhere everytime an enemy or character gets hit or slashed by a sword or shot in battle. Its too graphic.

And yeah, the other mistakes are things they probably didn't have the time, money or both to fix before the game's release. I didn't even notice most of these.

~SapphireStar~
06-01-2006, 05:45 PM
I could not understand this one at all, but Endless Twilight is spot on with all the answers.

CHOCOBO KEV
06-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Teseng did die cause elena said somethig about you killing her boss before she trys to slap you. but you are right he is in advent children.

The tatoo was put on red by Hojo remember some one said how many guys were there with the numbers and red said the Hojo put the number 13 on him so there must be at least 13. In the hunted house at the golden sauser.

When you see sephiroth for the last time his face is covered in bloud.

here are some more mistakes taken from www.ff7citadel.com

During the seen where aries dies notice he has no gloves. Now he has gloves. Somehow, midway through this FMV, Sephiroth managed to gain gloves for no reason at all!

Tseng's Age Remember finding Tseng in the Temple of the Ancients? Aeris says "...Tseng's with our enemy the Turks, but I've known him since we were little...". However, this is a contradiction with what we see earlier in the game, when Elmyra recounts Aeris' childhood. In this particular scene, we see Tseng in Aeris' house, demanding Elmyra to give him the child. Tseng is clearly an adult, so how can Aeris say she knew him when they both little!?

Cathy Okada's translation of this line from the Japanese version of the game (go here for the full list of her translations), which reads, "...Zwong (Tseng) is a Tarx (Turk)... he's the enemy but I knew him since I was a child." Note the "I" in Aeris' words, which explains why Tseng would be an adult in Elmyra's story. Chalk this one up to another mistranslation...

Aeris' Position
After Aeris is killed by Sephiroth, we see Cloud lifting Aeris with her head to Cloud's right (and her feet to his left). However, when we see Cloud dropping her into the lake, Aeris magically changes orientation. Her head is to Cloud's left and her feet are to his right.

Ropeway Propellers
When you visit the Gold Saucer, the propellers on the cable car change position during your first visit the gold sauser.

Lettering on Rocket As the Shinra No. 26 launches into space, a close-up of the rocket momentarily reveals that the lettering on its side ("Shin-Ra Type 26") has been flipped!

Altar Staircase
When we first see Aeris at the altar, she is facing the stairs, with her back to the railing. However, when Sephiroth comes down with his sword, both he and Aeris have their backs to the stairs. Once the FMV ends, they are again facing the stairs.

The Sister Ray's Misalignment
No screenshot available When the Sister Ray is fired from Midgar, it destroys the barrier over the Northern Crater. However, if one flies (in the Highwind) from the cannon in a straight path toward the Northern Continent, they will miss the crater by a number of degrees.

That Diamond WEAPON might have redirected the Sister Ray's shot is unlikely, since the related FMV shows the shot going straight through the WEAPON, without changing direction (there's also the matter that Shinra wouldn't have planned for the WEAPON's presence).

What doesn't constitute as an error?

The following 'errors' actually aren't errors at all. Rather, these have been added by Square deliberately.

Some people have reported Red XIII's cubs in the ending sequence were added by mistake. However, there is actually a real reason for this. Recall Bugenhagen's death? Before he dies, he says to Red XIII,

"It's a wide world and you must go out and see it... You may even find your life's mate. You never know."

Bugenhagen hints other members of Red XIII's species exist somewhere in the world. Hence, Red XIII has a mate to make cubs for the ending sequence.

During Aeris' death, you should have noticed Sephiroth's sword lacks blood when he stabs her. The most likely reasons for this are censorship, technological limitations, or both. Square didn't add blood in fear of receiving a Mature Audience rating for Final Fantasy VII.

An alternative theory has been provided regarding the properties of the Masamune blade. Click here to read.

This third 'error' is grey. You should have noticed that Cloud isn't anywhere to be seen after dropping Aeris. Surely he didn't withdraw himself that quickly from Aeris' body to completely disappear from view. Secondly, by judging the camera depth, the water must be at least 10 metres deep. How did Cloud manage to walk in such deep water while holding Aeris?

I personally believe these oversights were deliberate. It would have damaged the romance of Aeris' death had the laws of physics been obeyed.

(If the laws of physics had been obeyed, we would have seen Aeris floating in only 1 metre of water, and Cloud would have casted an imposing shadow, ruining the majestic halo around Aeris.)

A 'mistake' supposedly exists in the clock puzzle at the Temple of the Ancients. We all know the roman numeral representing the number 4 is IV. Well, in the game we see IIII in the puzzle instead. I've been told the ancient Romans had actually used IIII to represent 4, and it was only changed to IV during recent times.

these had to be slight ly changed as it was refering to screen shots which i could not copy but go to www.ff7citadel.com to see the whole thing.

oh and il take back the thing about Red being the only one of his kind. sory

~Megalixir~
06-01-2006, 08:06 PM
FTW you guys are noobs, HOJO did the Tatoos on Red XIII, not this

Its probably the norm for Red's species to have tatooes at an early age. Isn't Red only 15 or 16 by human years in the game? He had tatooes, then.

Or this, (though it is true, Tatoos dont magically apear, unless they too were cloned, hmm...)

Simple - he's not the last of his kind.

CHOCOBO KEV is right on Red XIII.

YTDN
06-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Tseng didn't die, it was just a humungous translation error. And Elena only thought he died. He didn't actually.

CHOCOBO KEV
06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
what the... there is no proof to that. i know he is in advent children but untill then you thought oh well he must be alive even if everone thinks hes dead and is not seen untill the mistake but magicly after almots 2 year oh you know what he chose not to be dead. and how can it be a translation eror oh let me gess death soungs the exact same as the word life o yeah cuz thats a simmple mistake to make not knowing if some ones dead or not.

TheSpoonyBard
06-02-2006, 06:51 PM
It was a translation error. Elena's line "doin' in my boss" at the Icicle Inn was not intended to suggest Tseng was dead, but instead should have been something like "messin' up my boss", saying he was merely wounded.

crazybayman
06-02-2006, 07:39 PM
FTW you guys are noobs, HOJO did the Tatoos on Red XIII, not this

Or this, (though it is true, Tatoos dont magically apear, unless they too were cloned, hmm...)

Simple - he's not the last of his kind.

CHOCOBO KEV is right on Red XIII.
whoa......who are you calling a n00b, kid?

Anyways, yes, that's true. My mistake. FFVII isn't a game where I payed much attention to minor details.

What I meant by his kids having them, was that perhaps its the norm for them to get tattooes at an early age.

Or perhaps they got them to honor their father, and the strength and resiliencey he showed while being held captive as a lab rat by Hojo.

And yeah, don't be so quick to call people n00b, Megalixer. Looks like you just joined here.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-02-2006, 09:53 PM
i have another error. when seph kills aeris, the holy materia falls towards seph, towards the back of the altar. but then falls down the stairs which are at the front of the altar.

~Megalixir~
06-03-2006, 03:14 PM
And yeah, don't be so quick to call people n00b, Megalixer. Looks like you just joined here.

Sorry. I must've confused you with the rest of them.