PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

~Megalixir~
06-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Ok, lately I've been posting up sigs (and having them removed >_<) and finding that the images I post up are too large. I realize the upkeep in running these forums, but the allowed image sizes are a tiny bit too small. Every time a make an image, it is 5-10 kbs too big. I am suggesting that the maximum image size allotted in the signature be raised to 60 kbs (once again in consideration of bandwidth and upkeep costs). Is there any way this can be helped? (other than butchering my sigs.)

~SapphireStar~
06-01-2006, 06:09 PM
The sizes are there for a reason, its to make it easier for the pages to load. Thats what Ive been told. I think the size limits are a pretty decent size, I mean do you really need an image bigger then 550x250 pixels? Its perfect for forums.

Leeza
06-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Sorry, but the 50 kb limit is in place in order to help decrease the loading times for our members that have to use dial-up and has nothing to do with bandwidth or costs. Yes, they can remove signatures, but it wouldn't be fair to them to do this as they should also be allowed the privilege of having/seeing signatures.

The purpose of posting at a site is to to get your words out and not just to show off sigs so 50 kb is plenty large enough. I have seen some very impressive sigs within that limit.

~Megalixir~
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Ok thanks for the replies. I was just wondering so you can close this now...

crono_logical
06-01-2006, 09:06 PM
You can always try saving at a slightly lower quality and/or size if you're only a small amount over the limit :p