PDA

View Full Version : gifs

G13
06-02-2006, 12:48 AM
How do you put those little moving gifs in your signature?:confused:

Roto13
06-02-2006, 01:03 AM
You put them there the same way you put any other sig there. If you're asking how to make them, you make each individual frame and string them together with a program like Ulead GIF animator or Adobe Image Ready. I used Ulead to make this one:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Astrotill.gif

You can get a demo version of Ulead GIF animator.... somewhere, but it runs out after a while. I personally don't know of any GIF animating programs that are free.

Leeza
06-02-2006, 03:06 AM
...but, in order to use that gif image in your sig at EoFF, you have to make sure that it's under 50 kb. Sometimes that's a big difficult with animations.

Roto13
06-02-2006, 03:28 AM
...but, in order to use that gif image in your sig at EoFF, you have to make sure that it's under 50 kb. Sometimes that's a big difficult with animations.
This is also true. To keep it small, use fewer frames, fewer colours (GIFs sizes change with the number of colours used, black and white pictures are pretty small), and keep the actual size of the image (the number of pixels) low.

G13
06-02-2006, 04:57 AM
I have no idea what anybody is saying.:confused:
I already have the little gifs I just don't know how to put them in my signature. I tried copying and paste-ing, but that didn't seem to work. I don't know if that makes it any clearer, sorry.

Leeza
06-02-2006, 05:01 AM
The actual gif image has to be hosted somewhere online. Someplace like <a href="http://photobucket.com/">Photobucket</a>. This is a free image hosting site. Then you can take the url of the image from Photobucket and place it in the [IMG] tags in the signature field.

G13
06-02-2006, 05:13 AM
Thanx.

crono_logical
06-02-2006, 07:52 AM
GIMP is a free animated GIF creator :cookie:

Roto13
06-03-2006, 04:05 AM
GIMP is a free animated GIF creator :cookie:
Ah, well, now that Guardian's question has been answered, let me ask my own. Is GIMP easier to use for making GIFs than Image Ready?

rubah
06-03-2006, 06:31 AM
it probably depends on you. luckily gimp is free so you can experiment without worry:p

G13
06-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Alright. WTF? I clicked on the {IMG} tags and something crapped all over my computer. It started wiggin' out and a bunch of web pages popped up, and they wouldn't stop. So what the crap happened?

crono_logical
06-03-2006, 08:47 AM
You probably had some bad web site open in another window which decided to kill your PC at the same time :p Best to run a spyware scan on your PC, and stop using Internet Explorer so it doesn't happen again :p Firefox (http://getfirefox.com/) is a good alternative with built in pop-up blocking :p

G13
06-03-2006, 09:15 AM
One last question............. hopefully. How do you use the {IMG} tags? I've tried clicking on the icon that says {IMG} at the bottom of the screen in the "edit signature" file, but it doesn't do anything. Hopefully I explained that clear enough, and if anyone decides to respond and explain this to me, please, use small words.

Leeza
06-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Clicking on that IMG link at the bottom of the page will take you to the FAQ where it shows you how to use these tags. That does not attach your signature.

You have to type in or copy/paste the url of your image in between these tags like it shows on that page beside <b>Usage</b>.

Zeromus_X
06-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Photobucket has it where you can just copy the text already in IMG tags.

Well, I find it helpful at least.

Roto13
06-03-2006, 03:43 PM
<!--
if anyone decides to respond and explain this to me, please, use small words.
This made me laugh. XD-->*snip*

This is the Help Forum. If you're not posting to help someone - don't post. ~ Leeza