PDA

View Full Version : Curse You Ultraviolet Radiation!

Clouded Sky
06-02-2006, 01:18 AM
As none of you know, today was the first official summer-and-not-school day for non-seniors at my school (and I've been bored without people). So me and some junior friends jumped in the local river with our tubes and spent four hours lazily floating down. I even remembered to use sunscreen... except on my legs. Now my shins are red, and they HURT. Not the backs, not the sides, not my feet. MY SHINS. Arrrrrgh.

Have you ever been sunburned? Was it bad? Naturally occurring, or fall asleep in a tanning bed? etc.

Discuss.

Miriel
06-02-2006, 01:20 AM
I got sunburned just a few weeks ago. It wasn't that bad, just a bit itchy. I've lived in SoCal all my life and I go to the beach a lot. So I'm used to the sun and I don't get burned easily or often. And when I do get burned, it's not so bad. Just put some aloe vera on it and I'm good within a few days.

Resha
06-02-2006, 01:20 AM
You floated on a river for four hours? Why? Could you breathe? *Never get sunburned (I think) yay brown ^_^

KaakoriX
06-02-2006, 01:22 AM
yeah i got sunburn 1 day..at the beach i couldnt sleep that night it hurt so much
i didnt fall asleep there....just a normal day, in the water...on the sand.....eating...go home.......

Faris
06-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Yes, many times, it sucks to have fair skin. I don't get them as much as I use to though, I tan more often than not.

Levian
06-02-2006, 01:27 AM
I hate it when my nose gets sunburnt. People call me rudolph :(

Clouded Sky
06-02-2006, 01:28 AM
You floated on a river for four hours? Why? Could you breathe? *Never get sunburned (I think) yay brown ^_^

On inner tubes. It's actually something we do for fun around these parts. Even if we only ended up like 6 miles from where we started after four hours. I was lying with my back in the water, and my shins were exposed. And that's how it happened.

SammieBabe
06-02-2006, 01:34 AM
On inner tubes. It's actually something we do for fun around these parts. Even if we only ended up like 6 miles from where we started after four hours. I was lying with my back in the water, and my shins were exposed. And that's how it happened.

That's exactly how I got sunburned this last time. Except that I couldn't lay on my back, so I had my arms and shoulders draped over the front, and my back got burned. And oddly enough, it was a four hour trip down a river that did it as well...

Yuffie514
06-02-2006, 01:56 AM
i can't recall a time where i had sunburn. just mosquito bites. the sun is like my side-kick, so...

Shoeberto
06-02-2006, 01:57 AM
I don't sunburn very easily. :up:

StarChild
06-02-2006, 02:08 AM
when I tan I get sunburned first...and then the native american blood kicks in and i get really dark...too badly I'm normally pale

Tempest
06-02-2006, 02:18 AM
The worst I got was at some summer camp. We were playing by the river most of the day and once I got home I realized I was as red as a crab. Hurt like hell.

Marshall Banana
06-02-2006, 02:40 AM
Yikes. I'm really pale and don't go outside much, but I've had one or two horrible sunburns. The worst one I can remember I had a few years ago. I was just sitting outside reading some book, and I guess I got absorbed in it. It didn't seem like much time had passed, but once I went inside, I realized I had been sitting out there for over three hours. Showers weren't very much fun after that for about a week.

Madame Adequate
06-02-2006, 03:18 AM
I stay inside, safe and away from the daystar.

But even when I go out, I tend not to get sunburned. I don't know if that's because I'm not outside enough, or if I'm just lucky enough to not get sunburned easily, or what.

Yamaneko
06-02-2006, 04:20 AM
Light cannot touch me in the confines of my parent's basement.

Dignified Pauper
06-02-2006, 04:26 AM
sunlight roasts me but i get a really good tan and usually, unless i am pale, do not burn at all.

rubah
06-02-2006, 05:26 AM
my mom got crazy burnt when we went to louisiana about ten years ago. she peeled for weeks afterxD

I've never gotten really really burnt, but once my friend's grandparents were staying at a holiday inn 'cause their house got flooded (washin' machine line broke) and we were visiting them and went to the pool and we sat out there soaking up sun to our thighs

so I had bright red thighs for a while.

DeathKnight
06-02-2006, 05:28 AM
tough luck, having brown skin does help in not getting sunburnt. Nope, I don't think I've EVER been sunburnt. :plotting:

starseeker
06-02-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm recovering from sunburn caused by spending all morning on a beach in northern France without suncream. I had a red sunburn necklace which looked really weird. Worst ever sunburn was in the caribbean, I sunburnt a tiny area really badly, hurt for nearly a week and left a small browm bit. Same holiday caused me to develop freckles for the first time ever (my sis has freckles but I don't).

Dell
06-02-2006, 12:13 PM
I only get sunburned after I paint myself red.

Shauna
06-02-2006, 12:41 PM
I don't usually burn. I tan for the most part.

~SapphireStar~
06-02-2006, 12:43 PM
When I was 8 my family took me to Center Parks and I spent a whole day in the outside pool area, it was too hot to be indoors. And man did I regret it the next day, I was confined to my bed and couldnt move cause my whole body was covered from head to toe in sunburn. My brother found it funny, poking me nonstop! I was in so much pain :( Now I know I burn very easily, after that if I went swimming on holiday I had to have a tshirt over my costume, I looked like an idiot.

Mittopotahis
06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
What are you talking about 'First day of summer'?. It was the first day of winter :mad2:

I don't sunburn very easily at all. It takes quite a bit of sun.

Maxico
06-02-2006, 01:56 PM
What are you talking about 'First day of summer'?. It was the first day of winter :mad2:

Oh you southerners and your crazy hemisphere.

I don't think I've ever been sunburned, I usually just tan.

Zeldy
06-02-2006, 03:48 PM
I got sunburnt in Wales.
I have really fair skin, and whenever I go abroad I spend most of the holiday hidden away.

project X
06-02-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm very pale (I always have to get the lightest color in cover up) but I don't tan or burn very easily. I don't think I've ever had sunburn where my skin turned bright red.

Dreddz
06-02-2006, 05:21 PM
I own a sunbed, well my sister does. I burnt my back on it a few months ago :(
I kinda regret owning it though, my tan was all uneven, pale blotches everywhere. Seeing as its the summer, i have no reason to use it, in winter maybe ill use it again, but ill use more care this time :)