PDA

View Full Version : Gilling Up

Cid Vicious
06-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Where's the best place to get Gil in this game?
I'm at the part where i need to find Gordon, and most Gil i've recived from battle so far is about 170.
I need a place where the enemys won't wipe me out.
Also where is Gordon?

Zeromus_X
06-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Gordon is in the Kashuon Keep; it's south of Bofsk I believe.

As for Gil, I don't know what specific monsters give good Gil, but it does depend on certain things. You should get decent Gil from going through dungeons, and even more so later in the game.

Captain Maxx Power
06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Fight Troll Mages west of Phin in the marshes (if you're levelled enough). They drop various magic tomes which can go for a fair price.

rubah
06-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Yes, selling extra spellbooks is definitely the way to get all the money you need.

also, if you as much as you can before sleeping in an inn, it'll be cheaper (they charge by how much HP they restore, I don't know if MP is counted in)

Angi-Kaiser
06-02-2006, 08:55 PM
You could always play the matching game on the snow craft. Whne you enter the snow field on the snow craft, hold down a, and press b (X/O on the playstation version) many times untill the game pops up. Some of the prizes are good amounts of gill

rubah
06-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Unless you're playing the nes version. In which it doesn't exist. How sad!

Angi-Kaiser
06-02-2006, 10:10 PM
It doesn't? Hmmm.... sorry about that!

Captain Maxx Power
06-02-2006, 11:02 PM
also, if you as much as you can before sleeping in an inn, it'll be cheaper (they charge by how much HP they restore, I don't know if MP is counted in)

To translate rubah's engrish, if you fully restore your HP before going to an Inn with Cure you'll inevitably save money and of course increase your Cure spell level. For the record the price of an inn = Lost HP/4 + Lost MP

rubah
06-02-2006, 11:32 PM
left out one word :(

Znake
06-03-2006, 09:05 AM
The best strategy to gain Gil and high Levels as soon as you get the Canoe Is to fight Warlocks north of Flynn/Phin. If your lucky they'll drop Berserk Scrolls, which you can sell for 5.000 Gill.
Fight them until you have about 60.000 Gill, then take the Canoe across to Ploom/Palm.
From there take the Boat to Poft, and pay Cid to take you to Kashuon.
Go South from there to Chocobos Forest and capture one, ride It down to Mysidia.
There you can buy Knights Armour, Power Staffs, Ogre Axes, Holy Scrolls and Change Scrolls, which are usally only available later In the game.
Equip your Characters with these Items then go to Flynn and start fighting the Soldiers there.
You'll be able to defeat them now within Three turns. They usally drop Gold Armour, Flame Bows, Curse Scrolls and Toad Scrolls which you can sell for 2-5.000 Gill. You can also Level Up alot fighting them.
Do that until you've got enough Gill or are bored, then get on with the game.
You'll be Invincible, so there'll be no challenge, but the game will flow alot faster.

rubah
06-03-2006, 07:39 PM
or you could walk to mysidia! and earn more money!

Znake
06-04-2006, 12:32 PM
You won't be able to survive the battles that early in the game, if you walk there.

Cid Vicious
06-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I can't even make it to Mysidia, the battles there are too tough. I've made enough money selling berserk scrolls and pick up some Mage Staffs fighting warlocks, so i'm alright.

rubah
06-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Like walking to the chocobo forest is much easier? xD

Cid Vicious
06-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Actually getting to the chocobo forest was easy, I got Cid to fly us to Kashuon, from there it was only a few steps to it, and the only battles there were against Goblins. Anyway where did the chocos come from in ff, they werent in FFI, and theres no introdution to them in II. Did square just throw them in without explaining anything about them?

DarkLadyNyara
06-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Did square just throw them in without explaining anything about them?

Yep. :D

Peter_20
06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Fight the monsters west of Mysidia, or just kill som WizOgres and sell the Scrolls they drop. :thumb: