PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Ace

Sergeant Hartman
06-02-2006, 11:54 AM
I always seem to get it at the highbridge, but what about you?

Oh and also who throws the ball for you?

Discuss.

TheSpoonyBard
06-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I always have to make an effort to get it at the end of the game. I don't seem to do enough overdrives over the course of the storyline. Lulu usually throws the ball in.

Dell
06-02-2006, 12:38 PM
I never get Energy Rain and Blitz Ace in the storyline! It's because I always fail to press in the grey line!

Lulu usually throw the ball because I make my Tidus likes Lulu.

TheSpoonyBard
06-02-2006, 12:40 PM
You don't need to stop the pointer in the centre for it to count.

crazybayman
06-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Not sure where I get it.....if I were to guess, Mt. Gagazet would sound about right, or earlier.

And yeah, Lulu usually throws it in for me, too.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-02-2006, 01:35 PM
i usually have to do a little mini-mission on bikanel island to get it, but it doesn't take that long.

on my first play through lulu threw it but that's because i didn't know you could pick and choose. i got yuna on my 2nd game and now i always get rikku to do it

starseeker
06-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I got it in the omega ruins. I tend to stockpile overdrives.

Crossblades
06-02-2006, 02:42 PM
I got it at the Omega Ruins. Yuna usually throws the ball

EDIT - BTW, how do you choose someone to throw the ball? I always thought it was always going to be Yuna.

Dell
06-02-2006, 03:06 PM
EDIT - BTW, how do you choose someone to throw the ball? I always thought it was always going to be Yuna.

There are some event in the game that affect Rikku, Lulu and Yuna.
I only remember that part in Guadosalam when Lulu ask Tidus not to make love with Yuna. There are three options, each resembles one character. I always pick something nice for Lulu.

Coppo
06-02-2006, 03:07 PM
I always saved Tidus' overdrives for bosses. I got my Blitz Ace in Macalania, but not the storyline visit, during the Airship visit.

I have the international version, so I went there to fight Dark Shiva. Once I beat her, I decided to train on the chasing guado. I set Tidus' overdrive mode to Victor, kept winning battles and performing overdrives, and I eventually got Blitz Ace!

Rikku tosses the ball for me now because I use her a lot for her Mix overdrive.

Renmiri
06-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Rikku tosses the ball, I used her a lot for her "Mug" and "Use" skills. I think I got it in Omega cave

crazybayman
06-02-2006, 03:20 PM

I only remember that part in Guadosalam when Lulu ask Tidus not to make love with Yuna. There are three options, each resembles one character. I always pick something nice for Lulu.
Yeah, its basically an affection rating. It also applies to the scene where everyone jumps on the snowmobiles to head for macalania temple. If you "treated Lulu right", she'll jump on the sled with you. If you gave Rikku more attention, she'll jump on the sled with you.

Likewise, whoever gets the most attention between Lulu and Yuna, (or the right things said to them), will toss you the ball during Blitz Ace.

As well, whoever you use more in battle helps the affection rating. When I initially got Blitz Ace, Lulu was always tossing the ball, and she got on the sled with Tidus.

As well, there's a scene right before you go into Sin, where Lulu yells something at Tidus about "Just you and me"....or something along those lines.

However, I decided to max out stats, and get the celestial weapons for the monster arena. I didn't bother with the lightening dodging game, but I did get Yuna's Nirvana, and maxed her out for the monster arena. Because I wound up using Yuna more in the Monster arena and for levelling up, she started tossing the ball during blitz ace instead of Lulu.

TheSpoonyBard
06-02-2006, 03:21 PM
In addition to the choices made in the plot, actions in battle also affects which girl will be selected. If Tidus heals, cures, uses Guard/Sentinel, etc. on her often, the affection level will rise. You can cause the affection level to fall if you fail to cure statuses, leave the girl KO'd, use a Petrify Grenade and shatter the girl, and so on.

However, if a girl is incapacitated in some way (KO'd, petrified) then the girl with the next highest affection level will throw the ball. If all are incapacitated or absent for story reasons, the ball will come out of nowhere. Similarly, if you use Blitz Ace underwater, Rikku will throw the ball. If Rikku doesn't have the highest affection level, the ball will come out of nowhere.

Also, the ball will always be thrown by a female character.

Dell
06-02-2006, 04:04 PM
I wish Auron throw the ball.

I just recently got Yuna to throw ball for my Blitz Ace. WHAT'S THIS!!!????? I go and train Lulu, my Tidus keep healing her. So Lulu throw the ball back! I never bothered to let Rikku throw anyway, as I don't like annoying and whiney girl like her.

Still, I wish to see Auron throw the ball.

blue phoenix
06-02-2006, 04:41 PM
i thought auron could, so ive been talking to him about 5 times every scene, damn. Rikku throws the ball

Crossblades
06-02-2006, 05:37 PM

Yeah, its basically an affection rating. It also applies to the scene where everyone jumps on the snowmobiles to head for macalania temple. If you "treated Lulu right", she'll jump on the sled with you. If you gave Rikku more attention, she'll jump on the sled with you.

Likewise, whoever gets the most attention between Lulu and Yuna, (or the right things said to them), will toss you the ball during Blitz Ace.

As well, whoever you use more in battle helps the affection rating. When I initially got Blitz Ace, Lulu was always tossing the ball, and she got on the sled with Tidus.

As well, there's a scene right before you go into Sin, where Lulu yells something at Tidus about "Just you and me"....or something along those lines.

The weird thing is though, is that throughout the whole game I treated Lulu right and she rode with me on the snowmobile, yet Yuna is the one that tosses the ball:confused:

Psydekick
06-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I have nevr got it:( and i probably never will, anyone of ya heard of lazyness?

Tavrobel
06-03-2006, 10:53 PM
I never get Energy Rain and Blitz Ace in the storyline!

That's when.

Lulu also throws the ball for me, because none of the females are ever in my party at the same time as Tidus, except Shinryu, but Rikku almost always gets Petrified. I think I healed her once with a potion.

Chocobo Chuck
06-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Ok, on my limit Rikku throws it( :love: ), but on my last two games, Lulu threw it.

Yuffie514
06-04-2006, 05:32 AM
i got it while training in Omega Ruins. i've only seen Rikku and Lulu throw the ball during Blitz Ace. but Lulu's got to stop hogging the ball...

Ryth
06-04-2006, 03:02 PM
I don't remember where I got Blitz Ace. I think it may of been in Mt. Gagazet.

Yuna throws me the ball. I know you can affect the females relationships with you, but by the time I learned about it in my first playthrough, I missed over half of the events, so I didn't really bother with it and just used the people who I needed in battle. Rikku was the one who got on the sled with me but once I got Blitz Ace, it was always Yuna.

Dell
06-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Crossblades, read Endless Twilight last post back.

Crossblades
06-04-2006, 04:51 PM

Gotcha thanks:)

Dell
06-04-2006, 05:32 PM

Gotcha thanks:)

Don't mention it and say thanks to Endless Twilight for the information.

Fireblade13
06-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Slice and dice- Seymour v.1
Energy Rain- Toward the end
Blitz ace- Personal quest involving Energy Rain, Slayer, and Places wit multiple weak monsters in an encounter

Lulu throws my ball! And yeah your actions afect blitz ace and the ride to Macalina temple on the snowmobile

BG-57
06-08-2006, 10:47 PM
I had a poll about this some time back and Yuna and Lulu were tied, with Rikku a distant third. Guess it's not surprising considering how late you get Rikku.

I got Lulu, for some reason, even though I decided not to have Tidus hit on her in Guadosalam. Her reply when I did was too condescending for my taste, so I went back and had Tidus agree not to pursue Yuna.

Hambone
06-09-2006, 02:39 AM
It actually depends on a lot of things.

Read this to find out what they are: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_affection_a.txt

Yuna throws my blitzball. I usually don't get Blitz Ace until I do some side quests at the end of the game.

Leen-Leen
06-09-2006, 03:12 AM
I get it when my party reaches Zanarkand. It takes a while for me, I only usually use Overdrives in bosses, but even then I don't use it a lot.

OH yeah, and Yuna throws the ball for me.

Fantasy Lover
06-09-2006, 05:06 AM
i usually get it at the moonflow, and rikku or yuna throws the ball