PDA

View Full Version : Will my computer really handle a Zsnes emulator... seriously?

Peter_20
06-02-2006, 05:25 PM
So, I've got an own apartment a while ago, and I've got an own computer there, but I can't use the Internet (I'm visiting mother right now :cool:), so I considered copying the Zsnes emulator from her computer over to my own computer at the apartment.
However, a few days ago I discovered that I actually had both the Snes9x emulator as well as a ROM of FF5.
I tried playing, and now the troubles showed up: everything SUCKED!
I tried to change the settings, but it was always this slow thing, and it updated very poorly.
Sometimes the chars seemed disfigured as well, because they updated unevenly, and that dragon in the opening sequence almost destroyed the speakers, because it sounded so freaky.
Nothing seemed to change this - everything sucked - so now I'm worried about what using the Zsnes emulator on that computer might lead to.
Does Snes9x just plain suck, or is my computer too slow?

The computer at my apartment is a Dell Dimension XPS R450, and it's from 2002.
It looks a lot like this: http://www.ce.cmu.edu/NewIcons/dell_dimension_xps_r_series.jpg

Dreddz
06-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Its hard to call snes9x everything but perfect, it must be your computer. Try reinstalling it, I cant help any more as ive never had any problems with that emulator.

Zsnes is good as well, the computer in your apartment will most definately be able to handle it.

Cid Vicious
06-02-2006, 06:07 PM
My computers from 2002 and it handels Zsnes fine.

Levian
06-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Heck, Zsnes works on my old laptop.

Shoeberto
06-03-2006, 12:01 AM
I think Zsnes runs better on older hardware, generally speaking. I had a P2 450mhz, 128mb of RAM that ran it beautifully.

Samuraid
06-03-2006, 02:19 AM
I ran ZSNES with a nice line-doubling/interpolation fine on my 400MHz Pentium 2. Any computer from 2002 should handle it.

ZSNES > Snes9x

If you still encounter slowness, try disabling some of the 2x video interpolation options in the video settings. You could also try disabling sound if nothing else works, but it shouldn't have to come to that.

Gau Dude
06-03-2006, 02:42 AM
ZSNES is the best SNES emulator there is. Try it.