PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever felt???

DeathKnight
06-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Like you can't believe what you see?:

-The way people have changed
-How fast days/months/years pass by
-How less connected you are to the times
-How there's no one you can associate with like you used to?
-How hostile people have become
-How every little thing affects you MORE

-There's no way I'm emo/gothic or any of that crap lol, but there are times when I just wonder if I was warped into the future/past...or to a time where I don't really belong. Not sure, but society since 2001 has been going down instead of up, I enjoyed the 90s, and I feel there's SOMETHING wrong with the 00s.

Discuss

StarChild
06-02-2006, 06:07 PM
I agree. I'm not exactly pleased by the way people treat each other these days. It's like you can't trust anyone.

I've noticed a lot with the kids are really disrespectful (yeah I feel really old when I say that) I like to take care of kids, but some of the things they say, just makes me go "what the hell are your parents teaching you?!"

but yeah, something is wrong, I agree.

Chris
06-02-2006, 06:41 PM
People have become more sensitive, that is my belief. I don't know exactly when it happened, but somewhere around 9/11 is a good guess. It's a natural thing, I suppose.

Christmas
06-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Have you changed along with them too? For the worse or for the better?

Sometime it is easy to notice changes around us but not ourselves.

Dreddz
06-02-2006, 07:43 PM
The world has become a more hostile place, im not suprised that everyone is a bit more sensitive and frightened than before.

Rye
06-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Sure. Time has been flying really fast. Sometimes I feel like I'm not even living my life, but watching it go by.

Itsunari 2000
06-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Hostile ? Hah, you don't know the half of it... Everyone, on every street corner or train platform , is a potential enemy ...

Ultima Shadow
06-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Hostile ? Hah, you don't know the half of it... from my perspective anyway. Everyone, on every street corner or train platform , is a potential enemy ...Talk about being suspicious... :p

Jojee
06-02-2006, 09:46 PM
I feel like I've changed way too much, actually ^^ And sometimes not enough :</>D

I also feel really bad for old people when I see them, and I know I shouldn't but I'm just like "Awww they're so old ;_; They have to use a cane to walk and they hobble so slowly, I feel so bad for them, I wondre how they feel about their oldness ;____;" /swt xD Except I know it's inevitable and then I get scared that my parents will become like that soon and wonder how they feel that like over half their lives is over already, and I'm always afraid my grandpa who lives with us right now will die because he's old... although I know it's inevitable that he will well within my lifetime anyway D: And then I'll be old and hobbling around! And then I get to thinking that I'm at the prime of my life right now, it's only downhill from here xD! Man that stuff depresses me :X

Old Manus
06-02-2006, 09:47 PM
It's called life.

NeoCracker
06-02-2006, 09:51 PM
It's called life.
Life is for the weak. Undead is the wave of the future.

And yes, its happened to me. Quite a bit. I can't believe I signed up for the Navy, but I did. NEver saw myself working for the government.

Auragaea
06-02-2006, 10:15 PM
I feel like I've changed way too much, actually ^^ And sometimes not enough :</>D

I also feel really bad for old people when I see them, and I know I shouldn't but I'm just like "Awww they're so old ;_; They have to use a cane to walk and they hobble so slowly, I feel so bad for them, I wondre how they feel about their oldness ;____;" /swt xD Except I know it's inevitable and then I get scared that my parents will become like that soon and wonder how they feel that like over half their lives is over already, and I'm always afraid my grandpa who lives with us right now will die because he's old... although I know it's inevitable that he will well within my lifetime anyway D: And then I'll be old and hobbling around! And then I get to thinking that I'm at the prime of my life right now, it's only downhill from here xD! Man that stuff depresses me :X

On Aging
By Maya Angelou

When you see me sitting quietly,
Like a sack left on the shelf,
Don't think I need your chattering,
I'm listening to myself.
Hold! Stop! Don't pity me!
Hold! Stop your sympathy!
Understanding if you got it,
Otherwise I'll do without it!

When my bones are stiff and aching
And my feet won't climb the stair,
I will only ask one favor:
Don't bring me no rocking chair.

When you see me walking, stumbling,
Don't study and get it wrong.
'Cause tired don't mean lazy
And every goodbye ain't gone.
I'm the same person I was back then,
A little less hair, a little less chin,
A lot less lungs and much less wind.
But ain't I lucky I can still breathe in.

I Took the Red Pill
06-02-2006, 10:19 PM
It's called life.

Lolz burn on your life DK.

Yes, everyone feels it, it's normal. Most people try and deal with it even though they hate it. I'm no exception. Yes, people are going to change. That includes you. That's part of life.

Not sure, but society since 2001 has been going down instead of up, I enjoyed the 90s, and I feel there's SOMETHING wrong with the 00s.
You were younger and therefore more naive about the wonderfulness of the world, and as you mature, you see it for what it is. Not saying you can't have fun in the '00s, but you've most likely lost alot of innocence since the 90s.

Itsunari 2000
06-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Hostile ? Hah, you don't know the half of it... from my perspective anyway. Everyone, on every street corner or train platform , is a potential enemy ...Talk about being suspicious... :p

Suspicion bordering on paranoia, granted.

GooeyToast
06-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I belong in pre-historic times

kidney / theif
06-02-2006, 10:48 PM
-How every little thing affects you MORE

When I entered Middle School, I started acting like that. Now, I'm 16 and I still get so ticked for no apparent reason. My mom always thinks I need therapy, but I don't think I'm that far gone. :chuckle:

Levian
06-02-2006, 11:04 PM
woah, stop getting old. You're just going to end up annoying younger humans with uninteresting information.

Christmas
05-13-2023, 03:54 AM
Have you changed along with them too? For the worse or for the better?

Sometime it is easy to notice changes around us but not ourselves.

I was deep. Deeper than most ppl's butthole. :bigsmile:

Mr Gashtacular
05-15-2023, 11:00 AM
looking at your quoted post and ur current post. would you say you have gotten better or worse christmas

Psychotic
05-15-2023, 05:08 PM
I prefer deep Christmas.

KentaRawr!
05-15-2023, 11:22 PM
It's interesting seeing how people felt back in 2006 about this. I think I've changed a lot since then.

Christmas
05-16-2023, 05:23 AM
looking at your quoted post and ur current post. would you say you have gotten better or worse christmas

Alway think you have gotten worse. So that we will alway have to a reason to improve ourselves.

Mr Gashtacular
05-16-2023, 09:38 AM
whoa

Psychotic
05-16-2023, 01:47 PM
I prefer deep Christmas.she's back!

Bubba
05-19-2023, 10:37 AM

Alway think you have gotten worse. So that we will alway have to a reason to improve ourselves.

InB4 she says "And by improve ourselves I mean have a more accommodating butthole"