PDA

View Full Version : Possible chemical attack in London.

Dreddz
06-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Article. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-5861456,00.html)

Anyone else hear about this ? Police believe that a chemical weapon was being made in an east london home. Nothing has been found yet, but they claim that chemical gases were being delivered to that home. Scary stuff.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-02-2006, 07:35 PM
I wonder how they found out. Somebody must have tipped the police off. Shouldn't take them that long to track down the chemicals with todays technology

DeathKnight
06-02-2006, 07:49 PM
This world's messed up :irked:

Psydekick
06-02-2006, 07:55 PM
I agree with DK

~SapphireStar~
06-02-2006, 08:14 PM
I didnt know, pretty scary crap. I remember when that poor policeman got stabbed down our road 2 years ago after a terroist raid at a set of flats. Worlds f***ed up.

Jojee
06-02-2006, 09:26 PM
NOooooooo not London! Save the hot British guys~! ^-^

Honestly doesn't phaze me, seen too much of it on TV already :</>P

Ultima Shadow
06-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks god I don't live in London. Scary stuff indeed.

starseeker
06-03-2006, 10:10 AM
I do and when there were the July 7 bombings, a lot of people at my school were scared because they had family that worked in London. Me included, my mum sometimes works in Paddington.

Zeromus_X
06-03-2006, 10:20 AM
I don't really see why any of this is that surprising, but meh.

Old Manus
06-03-2006, 11:15 AM
And they wonder why BNP support has risen a lot since July 7

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-03-2006, 11:42 AM
And they wonder why BNP support has risen a lot since July 7

BNP support is thriving at Roland Garros

Madame Adequate
06-03-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't really see why any of this is that surprising, but meh.

I agree. It's like 7/7. Shocking, yes, surprising? I don't think so. It was pretty much inevitable.

Iceglow
06-03-2006, 11:44 AM
The world is messed up and unfortunately the world isn't going to change any time soon as far as I can see. People will always argue about something and this whole war on terrorism is pointless. If you enforce a set of laws or rules on people then there will be people of other perspectives in there, some will react passively with complaining or whining about things that "they cannot change" others however will react physically, many do this peacefully in protest or demonstration against the regime and yeah 90% of the time they fail. The government controls the army they don't have to listen to a bunch of people walking up and down shouting they can do what they like and you know in a year or two in the next election maybe they will, maybe they won't be voted in to power but what about it damage is already done. That's what the whole thing with everything from the anti war protests meant. Yet I got off topic here so I'll back track on topic again. In the smallest percent of the population that remain disgruntled with the regime some will turn to violence for the answers, believing that if they blow up enough innocent people they will achieve their goal.

However I fail to see the purpose of these Islamic extremists. I am not trying to insult anyone here but...They come over from other countries in the middle east to the western nations for a better life, they then complain bitterly about treatment of their people who come over here or the way our countries are run. Why do they come over here if they know that the western countries which on the whole are majority christian have always for about 1000 years had a problem with the middle eastern islamic countries due to the fundamentalist religious beliefs of their religion. However they come here, complain and then say we don't welcome them yet we offer them full state benefits (speaking of the ones coming to the UK as it is) and even houses and cars that they can drive themselves and their families around in Racism is actually a relatively minor problem in the UK especially in London a place where the majority of it's 7 million (in the region of afaik) population is actually of ethnic minorities (if that term could be used in it's current meaning not that it does signify any particular racial group be they afro carribean, black, asian, muslim whatever. The term Ethnic minority should mean exactly what it says, the ethnic in the minority when it comes to population of an area.) Back on topic again... When these disgruntled people who come here for a better life (not that we advertise offering a better life) then commit acts of terrorism I think to myself why? why bother? you came to one country because you were not happy why not go to another country who as it stands doesn't have to give you a penny for being there or even let you in (Austrailian government turning a tanker full of phillipino refugees fleeing the escalating civil war there away to the point where they clearly stated "if you attempt to land you will be fired upon") or simply shut up and accept that the UK has offered huge concessions to you that put simply it did not have to do and could at any given time take them away.

Captain Maxx Power
06-03-2006, 02:13 PM
A chemical attack would be much more devastating than any bomb they could set off. In all those tight tunnels and the trains moving the fumes around you could be looking at a lot of casualties.