PDA

View Full Version : Best places to level-up

Tifa_is_buff
06-02-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm just approaching Gagazet, I imagine once I beat Yunalesca I'm gonna need to do some serious levelling up (amongst other things) once I get the airship to carry on to Sin, I've been kinda winging it up to this point (half of my team is painfully weak). So where do u suggest to go to get levelled up as quickly as poss.

Tavrobel
06-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Depends on how weak you are. Now that you have the airship, you can go anywhere, even the Omega Ruins (not recommended until you finish the Sin battles). If you have 3.5k+ HP on all of your characters, you should be able to beat the game.

Otherwise, level up at Gagazet, Zanarkand, or if you're feeling up to it, Omega Ruins. You can alternatively travel across Spira, cataching monsters for the Arena, and hoping you get some EXP with all the battles you will fight.

rubah
06-02-2006, 09:29 PM
If you learn as many people Holy as you can, yunalesca should be easy!

Aqua Heart
06-02-2006, 09:30 PM
You could always try the AP Trick, but not go to the extreme and complete the grid, perhaps just enough to get u strong enough to take on the omega ruins and have some fun in there, all the best

Zeromus_X
06-02-2006, 09:37 PM
If everyone's finished their section of the grid, they should be fine. (For the main game.)

Renmiri
06-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Monster Arena. But don't go for the custom monsters until you beat Sin. They are harder then Sin.

Oh and real close to Gagazet there's the cave where you get Yojimbo. A good practice for Omega Ruins wich are tougher.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-02-2006, 09:56 PM
depending on how weak you are, zanarkand dome is ok cos u can get lv2 n 3 spheres from defenders but if thats gonna be too difficult then do the valley of the cactuars sub-mission so u can train in there. if zanarkand is too easy, then omega ruins

kidney / theif
06-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Omega Ruins. Not only can you get levels quick, but you can also get good weapons/armor.

Yuffie514
06-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Omega Ruins. watch out for Great Malboro's Bad Breath if you don't have First Strike on one of your characters...

HolYuna
06-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Omega Ruins

Best place for levelling up, IMO. Its handy to have first-strike, incase you bump into un-invited guests.. (Great Malboro, for example)

or, the classic; Calm Lands.

Zeromus_X
06-03-2006, 09:51 AM
A (slightly) safer alternative to the Omega Ruins is Inside Sin; though you still want to watch out just the same. (First Strike = good.) Watch out for the Behemoths.

Dell
06-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Besaid

Those Dingo can give considerable amount of AP.

Zeromus_X
06-03-2006, 10:23 AM
In that case, Zanarkand would be fine. (I could've sworn they said he'd gotten the airship, but meh.)

Iceglow
06-03-2006, 12:05 PM
either go to bikanel (sanubia sands) and fight sandworms or go there capture one (or more) and fight them in the monster arena (quicker way to do this), I found them to be pretty good especially if overkilled with double AP or overdrive to AP. I used these to get ready for the omega ruins which was a big step up (tough at first but just stay within 2 steps of the save sphere) but certainly possible.

Sergeant Hartman
06-03-2006, 02:30 PM
It's decent training before you fight Seymour Natus if you want to finish everyones path on the sphere grid, but Kimahri misses out.

Eiko Guy
06-03-2006, 03:45 PM
id say the place where kimahri tells you to leave him but you go back the highbridge is great

Ryth
06-04-2006, 03:16 PM
In my opinion, Zanarkand, Omega Ruins, and Inside Sin are the best places to train.

FFGodd
06-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Don Tonberry cheat? haha

If you dont know what that is...

Catch all monsters in the sunken cave, put the following on a wepond

Double Overdrive
Triple Overdrive
Overdrive -> AP

Set the person holding this wepond to comrade or w/e it is, and get the other 2 ppl to attack don tonberry (he counters for 40k) get the holder to res them, and then flee. :)

4evarisha
06-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Tidus-Zanarkand Ruins
Wakka-Calm Lands
Auron-Cavern of Stolen Fayth
Lulu-Omega Ruins
Yuna-Moonflow
Rikku-Bikanel Island
Kimarhi-Macalania Temple

These are for my characters

tidus_rox
06-05-2006, 12:26 AM
I dont level up that much but when i do i pick Bevelle highroad for some unknown reason....

hplvr
06-05-2006, 01:21 AM
the best place to level up is definatly inside sin, my characters are like thorugh 4 ppls sphere grid and they get 1 and maybe 2 sometimes level per battle!

RyanML
06-05-2006, 01:53 AM
i trained in calm lands till my people were at about 7000hp each then i went to omega ruins to train up to 14k+hp

best way to do it i recons

4evarisha
06-05-2006, 02:50 AM
my way i think to me is fast because kimarhi lancet there in 1 battle he gets up 4 sphere nodes

Dell
06-05-2006, 07:14 AM
I just train them equally but after I get the airship, I focus in certain character first: (I get the first one to reach 255 stat first)

1. Wakka (255 stat except Luck)
2. Tidus (255 stat except Luck)
3. Yuna (255 stat except Luck)
4. Lulu (255 stat except Luck)
5. Auron (255 stat except Luck)
6. Kimahri (255 stat except Luck and Agility)
7. Rikku (255 stat except Luck, Strength, Defense, Accuracy)

It's so lovely to see Lulu done 99999 damage with every hit of Ultima in Doublecast Ultima.

The best place to train is
Besaid: Need awfully super great patience
Kilika: See Besaid
Mi'ihen Highroad: Need awfully great patience
Mushroom Rock Road: See Mi'ihen Highroad
Djose Highroad: See Mi'ihen Highroad
Moonflow: See Mi'ihen Highroad
Thunder Plains: Need awfully high patience
Macalania Woods: See Thunder Plains
Bikanel Desert: See Thunder Plains
Calm Lands: Need great patience
Mt. Gagazet: See Calm Lands
Mt. Gagazet Cave: Need medium patience
Zanarkand Ruins & Dome: See Mt. Gagazet Cave
Cavern of the Stolen Fayth: Need some patience
Inside Sin: Need a little bit patience
Omega Ruins: See Inside Sin
Monster Arena: Need a book to read while fighting the boringness.

Hambone
06-06-2006, 08:58 AM
If you learn as many people Holy as you can, yunalesca should be easy!
I did that on my most recent playthrough with yuna. Holy did 9999 to yunalesca. it was awesome, but learning it took about an hour of pure training in the Zanarkand ruins.

Crossblades
06-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Omega Ruins. You'd be surprised how much sphere levels you gain by fighting in there.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-06-2006, 09:20 PM
valley of the cactuars. PERIOD! with triple AP weapons you'll get 36,000 AP from each one and with a possibility of 3 cactuars in a battle that makes 108,000AP in one battle. plus cactuars drop in one attack anyway.

plus, this can be enhanced even further with overdrive -> AP and triple overdrive abilities.

you may get the odd battle against a sand worm but they have some decent AP too.

P.S just thought of a quick sidenote. if you put double overdrive and triple overdrive on a weapon, do the effects cumulate or is double overdrive cancelled out. does the same apply to double/triple AP?

Tavrobel
06-06-2006, 09:44 PM
The better ability nulls the inferior one.

Dell
06-07-2006, 06:07 AM
P.S just thought of a quick sidenote. if you put double overdrive and triple overdrive on a weapon, do the effects cumulate or is double overdrive cancelled out. does the same apply to double/triple AP?

You can't put Triple Overdrive, SOS Overdrive and Double Overdrive in the same weapon, the same goes for Triple AP and Double AP.

If you want to double the effect, use Eccentrick and Hot Spurs.

FadedDreams
06-09-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah ok once u hit gagzet, yur gonna have to beat seymour again, which really bites, but its something we all had to do, but the place that i went most often to gain exp was usually either macalania or mi'ihen highway/ road to djose temple, either one of those couple worked really well for me. also gagazet itself was a good place too, i forgot what theyre called since i havent played in forever, but some of the greater exp gainers are there, which is awesome since yur gonna need it to defeat seymour AND yunalesca later on

GajoL
06-13-2006, 08:54 AM
capture the varuna and fight it at the monster arena..
that's my fav one.:tongue: