PDA

View Full Version : HL2:Ep1

Captain Maxx Power
06-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Or, to give it it's correct name, HL2 Episode 2. Yknow, what with it being the second one?

I downloaded and completed the whole thing all in the space of today. My two cents would be that they did the whole Alyx thing very well. She never felt like a burden (unlike some of the citizens). It's very short of course, but that's to be expected for the price, and comes with a nifty trailer for the next episode.

As for the plot itself, it's basically you going back into the citadel to contain the reactor long enough for you to escape. Then you make your way through C17 before finally exiting on the train whilst the citadel explodes launching loads of the "green-masked-combine" seen talking to Breen across the landscape.

Anyone else tried it and what did y'all think?

Shoeberto
06-02-2006, 11:02 PM
I gotta resist reading the spoilers :(

Argh. I'd like to play this. HL2 was so great ;______;

Levian
06-02-2006, 11:54 PM
May I ask what HL stands for?

Rostum
06-03-2006, 01:51 AM
May I ask what HL stands for?

Half-Life.

Slothy
06-03-2006, 04:22 AM
Crap, I haven't played a game on Steam in a few weeks so I completely forgot about this. I'll definitely be getting it, just a matter of when. It's not too expensive though so I may get it soon.

Rostum
06-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Just a quick question, don't mean to hi-jack the thread. But what direction have they taken the story since the first Half-Life? Is Gorden Freeman still the main character? I haven't really kept up with the new Half-Life's, but I did love the first one, when I played it way back.

Shoeberto
06-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Well, there's only been one new Half-life since, so there's not a whole lot to fill in on :P

Um, I guess in the expansions to the original, you played other characters. In Opposing Force, you played Alan Shepard, a marine who is sent in to Black Mesa but gets caught up. This reveals some extra backstory to the Black Mesa Incident. To a lesser extent, so does Blue Shift, where you play Barny. It's pretty short, though, and there's not a whole lot of new stuff to it.

In Half-life 2, though. . . geeze, it's hard to explain. Basically, you know how the Gman recruits you at the end of HL1? This starts out with him putting you back into service. It's many years later (I think 10, I don't recall), and the world is in ruin. The Combine is in control (they were the controlling force behind the Xen aliens you fight in HL1 - the Xen were enslaved by the Combine.) of the earth, and Martin Breen, the administrator who went unnamed in the first game, is sort of their leader. You're just trying to take them down, prettymuch. There's a really good spoilerific story guide site I could track down if you're interested in the more in-depth parts of the story.