PDA

View Full Version : The Ciddies are a sham

Dr Unne
06-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Did you know we aren't allowed to cast write-in votes? I guess the only vote that counts is a vote for FASCISM.

To give this a topic, please discuss other ways in which the Ciddies are a sham.

Raistlin
06-02-2006, 11:58 PM
The Ciddies are a sham because RSL doesn't win every award. :(

Spatvark
06-03-2006, 12:22 AM
The Ciddies are a sham because I never win the site staff awards. And neither does RSL.

edczxcvbnm
06-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Fuck those ass raping /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifDIES! Just more proof that EoFF is run by Stalin through a worm hole in the past. FUCK YOU COMMIES!

Rye
06-03-2006, 12:25 AM
The Ciddies are a sham because there is no "MLT Be The EoFFer Voting RSL For Every Award" award.

Levian
06-03-2006, 12:26 AM
...............___@@@__
......_____//____?____\______
----o--------CARE-POLICE----@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-

Drift
06-03-2006, 12:29 AM
the ciddies are a sham cause i say so and its AG running it, ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS YOUR SISTERS

KentaRawr!
06-03-2006, 12:30 AM
It's a sham because I didn't win the award of most awesomeness.

Captain Maxx Power
06-03-2006, 12:58 AM
It's a sham because I say so.

Psychotic
06-03-2006, 01:00 AM
The Ciddies are a sham, just like your marriage to Raistlin.

Oh that's right, you all thought I was going to say Bleys, and I didn't. That's because I'm UNPREDICTABLE and EDGY!

Leeza
06-03-2006, 01:08 AM
The Ciddies are a sham? I wish I had known this before I spent all of those nights trying to think of who to nominate. :(

KentaRawr!
06-03-2006, 01:10 AM
The Ciddies are a sham? I wish I had known this before I spent all of those nights trying to think of who to nominate. :(

Yeah, you should have. :mad: Thanks alot, Leeza. >=O

In order to stay on topic...

The ciddies are a sham because it makes people think people are people they are not. >_< You may not understand my reasoning, but I know it to be true.

Giga Guess
06-03-2006, 01:11 AM
The Ciddies are a sham because I haven't won even one! I'VE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN MOST OF YOU!!! *foams at the mouth*

:p

Jest kidding. But remember, vote Giga Guess, and I might not devour your soul.

fire_of_avalon
06-03-2006, 01:17 AM
The ciddies aren't a sham. Y'all are just bitter.

XxSephirothxX
06-03-2006, 01:19 AM
My county is more of a sham than the Ciddies. Too bad nobody's going to get that.

Shiny
06-03-2006, 01:20 AM
The Ciddies are a sham, because those eyebrows are way too big.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Dr Unne is a sham because he hates the fact that he got nominated for nothing.

Hawkeye
06-03-2006, 01:24 AM
The ciddies are a sham because it's like an online emmy award to us (it still doesn't mean anything).

Miriel
06-03-2006, 01:26 AM
He did get nominated for something. So he's being bitter just cause. :p

Raistlin
06-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Might want to check the Ciddies thread.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-03-2006, 01:31 AM
He did get nominated for something. So he's being bitter just cause. :p

Drat, I need to stop being such an idiot so ignorant.

Roto13
06-03-2006, 01:33 AM
It's a sham because MILF isn't nominated for horniest member.

RSL
06-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Here is the list of the top 20 all time Ciddies winners:

1. Dr Unne - 43 wins (3 tied)
2. Lony BoB - 37 wins
3. Citizen Bleys - 34 wins (6 tied)
4. Kawaii Ryűkishi - 29 wins (2 tied)
5. Del Snizz - 27 wins (9 tied)
6. Cid - 23 wins (6 tied)
7. Wyllius - 21 wins
8. Britt - 20 wins (7 tied)
9. ShlupQuack - 17 wins
10. Del Murder - 16 wins
11. HOOTERS - 14 wins
12. Darth Holmes - 13 wins
13. Psychotic - 12 wins
14. Leeza - 11 wins
15. RSL - 11 wins (2 tied)
16. Asorie - 11 wins (5 tied)
17. Gokukid749876 - 11 wins (6 tied)
18. Agent Proto - 10 wins
18. Mikztsu - 10 wins
18. The Captain - 10 wins

I'm guessing that Dr Unne's motivation for this thread isn't bitterness towards being nominated for only a few.

Rye
06-03-2006, 01:39 AM

Why do you win so much? You are so right. Anyone who has been close friends with Mr. MILF for as long as I have (4 years, I believe) would know this. xD

Roto13
06-03-2006, 01:47 AM

Why do you win so much? You are so right. Anyone who has been close friends with Mr. MILF for as long as I have (4 years, I believe) would know this. xD
You don't really need to be friends to know this. Just go to EoEO once in a while. ;)

Raistlin
06-03-2006, 01:50 AM
MILF is not hornier than Rye. Freakier, yes. Hornier, no.

Zeromus_X
06-03-2006, 01:51 AM
The Ciddies are just too confusing for my taste.

Del Murder
06-03-2006, 02:00 AM
I heard Loony BoB and Award Guy sleep together...

Dr Unne
06-03-2006, 02:32 AM
I demand that the awards be boycotted until we get the ability to cast write-in votes. Who's with me?

I bet this post is deleted. The corruption extends all the way to the highest levels.

Dignified Pauper
06-03-2006, 02:35 AM
I heard that Dr. Unne once slept with Loony BoB but it was just a one night stand. Loony BoB's heart is actually split between Psy and Award Guy, and therefor, Dr. Unne is just jealous.

VIVA LA REVOLT! too bad i already voted.

Psychotic
06-03-2006, 02:54 AM
I'm tempted to delete the last two posts. I'm also tempted to change Unne's avatar. (I agree with you, Lynx)

NeoCracker
06-03-2006, 02:57 AM
But if you delete his post the corruption will never be known.

rubah
06-03-2006, 03:34 AM
Why should it?

Roto13
06-03-2006, 04:03 AM
I agree, though. The whole system is corrupt to the point of malignancy.

eestlinc
06-03-2006, 04:14 AM
I almost made a write-in vote.

Roto13
06-03-2006, 04:16 AM
I almost made a write-in vote.
For who and for what?

eestlinc
06-03-2006, 04:20 AM
I don't remember, but probably for Perola.

edit: oh wait, I was going to write Maxx Power in for MLT be a Rockstar. But I didn't.

Yamaneko
06-03-2006, 04:22 AM
Fascism is not that bad. In PRINCIPLE.

eestlinc
06-03-2006, 04:23 AM
I prefer Anarcho-Fascism.

Yamaneko
06-03-2006, 04:25 AM
What about Conoco-Phillips?

eestlinc
06-03-2006, 04:28 AM
better than Fisher-Phillips

Roto13
06-03-2006, 04:44 AM
I prefer Fisher-Price.

What?

Raistlin
06-03-2006, 04:58 AM
Fascism is not that bad. In PRINCIPLE.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Dr Unne
06-03-2006, 05:09 AM
This thread is no laughing matter. What is wrong with you people? I already know what's wrong with Raistlin, but what excuse do the rest of you have?

Freya
06-03-2006, 06:25 AM
The ciddies are a sham cause i was on a campaign to get nominated for the past 2 months and i Still wasn't. 2 years of no nomination. I feel like i have failed at life....

Christmas
06-03-2006, 07:00 AM
There was one guy that won several Ciddies last time round but couldn't stay here for more than one year. You should be glad that you can still access here for the past two years.

escobert
06-03-2006, 07:10 AM
I'll sham YOUR ciddies!

CloudDragon
06-03-2006, 07:18 AM
It's a popularity contest...but all forums need them to survive!

Dell
06-03-2006, 11:32 AM
I heard Loony BoB and Award Guy sleep together...

I heard that Dr. Unne once slept with Loony BoB but it was just a one night stand. Loony BoB's heart is actually split between Psy and Award Guy, and therefor, Dr. Unne is just jealous.

!!!!!!LOL!!!!!! *Faint* Nominated as the quote of the year...

The Ciddies are a sham because AG cursed me before.

Rye
06-03-2006, 01:46 PM
MILF is not hornier than Rye. Freakier, yes. Hornier, no.

The fact that he takes time trying to carefully determine who is horniest makes him a sad larvae. I suppose next he's going to ask BoB for help with a pie-chart on it. :p

Spatvark
06-03-2006, 04:54 PM
...which may be sad, but I bet BoB already has one, which is even sadder.

Raistlin
06-03-2006, 05:21 PM
The fact that he takes time trying to carefully determine who is horniest makes him a sad larvae.
I didn't need to take any time - it's obviously you.

Itsunari 2000
06-03-2006, 05:24 PM
The Ciddies are a sham because the owner seems to have no actual involvement in them whatsoever. I suspect some malicious usurpers have abducted our beloved Cid and hijacked the site. Shenanigans !Treachery !

DeathKnight
06-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Same people get voted for half of everything, that shouldn't be allowed.

Twilight Edge
06-03-2006, 06:24 PM
The Ciddies are a sham because I didn't manage to get in the finals of the horniest member award.:cry:

Dignified Pauper
06-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Does anyone else think Dr Unne sounds more unusual than he actually is right now? I think this is all a grand Ciddies Scheme that crazy ole' man Towns is orchestrating!

Old Manus
06-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Elitist grumpy oldbies

bennator
06-03-2006, 08:31 PM
I support Unne's cause...I will not vote this year! (PS, the Ciddies are most definitely a sham!)

Resha
06-03-2006, 10:21 PM
The Ciddies are a shame, and they make me blush. :(

Queen Award, First of Her Name
06-05-2006, 02:00 PM
How does that saying go? There's no such thing as bad publicity, or something?

8-) I love you guys.

Roto13
06-05-2006, 04:32 PM
The Ciddies? Mo' like the Shiddies!

m i rite?

Giga Guess
06-06-2006, 01:04 AM
fo shizzle my rizzle.

(My head hurts)

-N-
06-10-2006, 08:01 AM
While I agree with pretty much everyone hating on the Ciddies, I think hating on the Ciddies is even more moronic than the Ciddies themselves. Get over it, jeez.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-11-2006, 01:24 AM
If there were ever a lack of conclusive evidence that this contest has long since become a complete and utter farce, one now need look no further than the fact that the awards for Evilest Member and Most Helpful Gamer went to Leeza and myself, respectively. Leeza is a perfectly pleasant and kindly woman in absolutely every regard, and I'm pretty sure I haven't helped anyone with anything in the last six months.

eestlinc
06-11-2006, 01:26 AM
at least I didn't win best poet, not having posted any poetry in the last six months.

DeathKnight
06-11-2006, 01:26 AM
If there were ever a lack of conclusive evidence that this contest has long since become a complete and utter farce, one now need look no further than the fact that the awards for Evilest Member and Most Helpful Gamer went to Leeza and myself, respectively. Leeza is a perfectly pleasant and kindly woman in absolutely every regard, and I'm pretty sure I haven't helped anyone with anything in the last six months.

goes to show you how the rules are messed up. AG needs to make rules which BAN people for voting for certain members or the SAME members in EVERY forsaken category, anyway, it's useless.

KentaRawr!
06-11-2006, 01:34 AM
The ciddies are a sham because Leeza won "Most evilest" member.

Giga Guess
06-11-2006, 02:42 AM
Me not winning anything = total sham.

Tempest
06-11-2006, 02:44 AM
The ciddies are a sham because Leeza won "Most evilest" member.
Agrees. Leeza is one of the nicest members here, imo. SHAM!!!

Raistlin
06-11-2006, 03:25 AM
Leeza is so evil. She's proud of it, too.

Loony BoB
06-11-2006, 11:13 AM

goes to show you how the rules are messed up. AG needs to make rules which BAN people for voting for certain members or the SAME members in EVERY forsaken category, anyway, it's useless.
O_o;

The Ciddies would only be a sham if they were rigged. AG and the Ciddies Committee don't claim that the Ciddies are 100% accurate, or they'd probably only allow certain people to vote altogether, probably a small group of about ten people or something - certainly not including any regulars or newbies or anything. Where's the fun in that? The only thing the Ciddies claim to be is an accurate show of who the people who actually vote think should win, because, in the end, it is yourselves that decide such a thing.

But seriously, y'all just bitter.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I guess I don't really mean "The Ciddies are a sham" so much as I mean "The vast majority of the EoFF populace is comprised of irredeemable idiots who shouldn't be trusted to clothe themselves, much less participate in any sort of poll."

Drift
06-11-2006, 02:07 PM
SHAMSHAMSHAM SHAZAM SHAM!

Ultima Shadow
06-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Me not winning anything = total sham.

Madonna
06-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I guess I don't really mean "The Ciddies are a sham" so much as I mean "The vast majority of the EoFF populace is comprised of irredeemable idiots who shouldn't be trusted to clothe themselves, much less participate in any sort of poll."That's great, Kish, because honesty counts!

NeoCracker
06-11-2006, 05:41 PM

O_o;

The Ciddies would only be a sham if they were rigged. AG and the Ciddies Committee don't claim that the Ciddies are 100% accurate, or they'd probably only allow certain people to vote altogether, probably a small group of about ten people or something - certainly not including any regulars or newbies or anything. Where's the fun in that? The only thing the Ciddies claim to be is an accurate show of who the people who actually vote think should win, because, in the end, it is yourselves that decide such a thing.

But seriously, y'all just bitter.

If it helps any I was bitter long before the ciddies started.

Ultima Shadow
06-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Seriously... I think you should have a completely new set of awards next time. Or, atleast, replace the far too obivious ones. For example, the best member award is always between BoB and Psy, and so is best Male. Best artist is always black orb and best gamer is always kishi etc.

So... just replace them with a load of new awards. :greenie:

NeoCracker
06-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I guess I don't really mean "The Ciddies are a sham" so much as I mean "The vast majority of the EoFF populace is comprised of irredeemable idiots who shouldn't be trusted to clothe themselves, much less participate in any sort of poll."

Thats why your my hero, one of the few I don't hate.

Loony BoB
06-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Seriously... I think you should have a completely new set of awards next time. Or, atleast, replace the far too obivious ones. For example, the best member award is always between BoB and Psy, and so is best Male.
RSL won Best Male. But there's no way I'm taking away the top three. xD

Best artist is always black orb and best gamer is always kishi etc.
But those awards are for recognition for actual work. Not my fault everyone assumed Kishi was still doing stuff in the gaming forums. :p But yeah, there's no way I'm going to take away the Most Helpful ones or the Art & Writing ones either, because those have more reason than stuff like "Cutest Male" or "MLT Be Roadrunner". I like keeping some awards that actually reward people for effort!

There were other ones that were extremely obvious in the past that I dropped after 1-2 goes, the top 35 now are generally either there for a good reason, be it because they are given to people as an actual reward for effort or else because they create some really good battles.

Also, they can be beaten - Samuraid surpassing clout is a fine example of a long-term winner that some people think is a given losing out to another member.

Miriel
06-11-2006, 06:15 PM
For the artist thing, I really do think that a thread where everyone can view an artist's best work would help since, while black orb does some amazing stuff, I think *angel tears* posted some fan-freakin'-tastic stuff in the recent months which she should have been recognized for. But you know, a lot of people wouldn't know that if they don't spend too much time in the artist's forum. And black orb is the more familiar name.

She should have won for this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77048) piece alone.

black orb
06-11-2006, 06:42 PM
For the artist thing, I really do think that a thread where everyone can view an artist's best work would help since, while black orb does some amazing stuff, I think *angel tears* posted some fan-freakin'-tastic stuff in the recent months which she should have been recognized for. But you know, a lot of people wouldn't know that if they don't spend too much time in the artist's forum. And black orb is the more familiar name.

She should have won for this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77048) piece alone.
>>> Yeah, high quality art is important but forum activity/participation is more, prime example of this is Rengori his art isnt something you could call great but the guy post a lot of his work in the forum and got nominated..
Each ciddie award is recognition for what you have done only in the past 6 months. So judge something like best artist or writer just by one piece of art would not be fair..
If a member is not active enough and doesnt contribute with lots of art/fan art in the next 6 months then dont deserve to win, simple as that..

RSL
06-11-2006, 06:45 PM
I would say that your criteria for picking a best artist might not be the same as other people's criteria, black orb. If everyone agreed on everything, there would be no point in having these awards.

Venom
06-11-2006, 06:46 PM
The ciddies give losers like me hope.:cry:

Vincent, Thunder God
06-11-2006, 06:54 PM
The ciddies aren't a sham. Y'all are just bitter.

black orb
06-11-2006, 06:57 PM
I would say that your criteria for picking a best artist might not be the same as other people's criteria, black orb. If everyone agreed on everything, there would be no point in having these awards.
>>> Yeah, but I think the major part of the artists who post on eoff agree with me too..

KentaRawr!
06-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Bitter? No. I simply realize the truth of these Ciddies! The truth is...

Award Guy is Loony BoB! Thus, the Ciddies are a sham. :) And Del Murder is Sandwich Man. So Sandwiches are a sham, too. But this is about the Ciddies. The Ciddies are a shameful sham. Not only because of Award Guy's secret identity, but because these votes can only be done by public opinion. An underrated member can't win a Ciddie and be underrated, because enough people liked him to win that Ciddie! :mad2: The Ciddies are officially a sham! End of story.

Plus, I didn't win anything. :(

RPJesus
06-11-2006, 07:10 PM
The Ciddies are a sham because singing kittens do not deliver the results to you on a whimsical platter.

Loony BoB
06-11-2006, 07:25 PM

>>> Yeah, high quality art is important but forum activity/participation is more, prime example of this is Rengori his art isnt something you could call great but the guy post a lot of his work in the forum and got nominated..
Each ciddie award is recognition for what you have done only in the past 6 months. So judge something like best artist or writer just by one piece of art would not be fair..
If a member is not active enough and doesnt contribute with lots of art/fan art in the next 6 months then dont deserve to win, simple as that..
It's definitely a mix between quality and quantity - you need a balance. Also, of course, art is up to the individual - I personally don't really care for that pic of Quina, but that's just me. I like her other art, though.

If it was just quality, I'd just get my Mum to post one thread every half-year and she'd win every time! :D

NeoCracker
06-11-2006, 07:29 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/sobeahero/11snh42.jpg

The Ciddies are a sham because she has yet to present an award, regardless of the tireless hours she's put in to attempting to nurse poor little kittens back to help.

ZeZipster
06-11-2006, 08:59 PM
The Ciddies ended when I stopped taking interest in them.

theundeadhero
06-11-2006, 09:00 PM
What does Sandwhich man have to do with the ciddies being a sham? Does he drug Award Guy's mid-ceremony snack? I think not! ...and that's ridiculous that Sandwhich Man is Del Murder. The one has a mustache and the other does not. A wonderfully floaty mustache, as Resha puts it best.

Avarice-ness
06-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Because everyone knows who ever gets the most nominations will most likely get the most votes, People didn't nominate them unless they liked them. =O

-N-
06-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Yeah, I guess I don't really mean "The Ciddies are a sham" so much as I mean "The vast majority of the EoFF populace is comprised of irredeemable idiots who shouldn't be trusted to clothe themselves, much less participate in any sort of poll."To their credit, at least they didn't make me win any 'important' awards. :up:

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Seriously... I think you should have a completely new set of awards next time. Or, atleast, replace the far too obivious ones. For example, the best member award is always between BoB and Psy, and so is best Male.
RSL won Best Male. But there's no way I'm taking away the top three. xD

Best artist is always black orb and best gamer is always kishi etc.
But those awards are for recognition for actual work. Not my fault everyone assumed Kishi was still doing stuff in the gaming forums. :p But yeah, there's no way I'm going to take away the Most Helpful ones or the Art & Writing ones either, because those have more reason than stuff like "Cutest Male" or "MLT Be Roadrunner". I like keeping some awards that actually reward people for effort!

There were other ones that were extremely obvious in the past that I dropped after 1-2 goes, the top 35 now are generally either there for a good reason, be it because they are given to people as an actual reward for effort or else because they create some really good battles.

Also, they can be beaten - Samuraid surpassing clout is a fine example of a long-term winner that some people think is a given losing out to another member.

I"m doing things in the gaming forum

Christmas
06-09-2023, 11:28 AM
#Bring Back The Ciddies