PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Square do this?

james 14
06-03-2006, 03:49 AM
Stop screwing around with sequals and new movie ideas and just make a movie on what has made them the most money so far. Get the same friggin people who made Lord of the Rings to make a trilogy based on the exact storyline of FF7 (or FF4). They can animate it or use real people, however, they will need to tone some things down if its animated. I was a little turned off by the last fight scene in Advent Children when it seemed everyone was just flying and throwing Cloud around in the air. In a game it's fine but in a cinematic setting you have to adhere to the rules of gravity at least a little bit...it's not like it'll kill the storyline and it'll attract more people if some realism is added.

I have long wanted to see a movie version of FF4 and FF7. I rented Advent Children with high hopes but was kinda let down...I shoulda known after being sorely disappointed with TSW.

atlanteay
06-03-2006, 04:05 AM
maybe taht's why it's Final Fantasy it's not real, and doesn't follow laws of gravity... but i do agree with you on the fact for newer movies. i don't like teh fact taht they're making all these sequals on ff7. it gets rather old

PontiusPilate
06-03-2006, 04:16 AM
maybe taht's why it's Final Fantasy it's not real, and doesn't follow laws of gravity... but i do agree with you on the fact for newer movies. i don't like teh fact taht they're making all these sequals on ff7. it gets rather old

i agree with you 100%

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Making spin offs for 7 does get old, but it doesnt stop FF7 fanboys and girls going crazy over it. They know that anything with a FF labelled slapped on it will sell, and seeing as though 7 is the most popular it makes the most profit.

PontiusPilate
06-03-2006, 07:30 PM
It's sad really, i thought square wouldnt stoop so low

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Its money isnt it? Even though you may be one of the top selling games companys in the world (I dunno that for a fact though) money still makes your world go round. It seems to me as if SE are giving up. Personally I thought it all started when they transformed into Square Enix. But thats just me.

Mirage
06-03-2006, 08:59 PM
They merged, not transformed :p. Square and Enix still have their development teams separated, so it's not really affecting their games. Stuff that people generally blame Enix for was already in development before they merged anyway, like FFX-2 and FFXI, probably the AC movie too, though I don't know that for a fact.

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me Mirage :D

Stuff that people generally blame Enix for was already in development before they merged anyway, like FFX-2 and FFXI, probably the AC movie too, though I don't know that for a fact.
Thats what Ive been doing. I remember my boyfriend having a heated debate with a guy from a v game shop. He showed the guy a copy of FFX and FFX2, pointing at the names when the guy was saying they are both great and the same. My boyfriend repiled, no theres the different and pointed at the SS and SE's logos. So I had thought Enix had ruined Squaresoft.

PontiusPilate
06-03-2006, 09:25 PM
i dunno about square soft and enix. They have all had their ups and downs when it comes to making games. enix continued the kh series with kh II and it was still great. FF XII looks great.
But then games like X-2, CC, and other junk made enix look bad.

atlanteay
06-03-2006, 09:36 PM
i dunno about square soft and enix. They have all had their ups and downs when it comes to making games. enix continued the kh series with kh II and it was still great. FF XII looks great.

i agree with that! every company had its ups and downs besides we'll have to see more before we can make further judgements and besides, kh2 is an awesome game so enix is not that bad.

umm..i know X-2 is not the best and I heard CC was a pain in the butt because you needed 4 gbas to make it fun

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 10:26 PM
but CC? it's not even out yet so we won't know if it's junk.
He was reffering to Crystal Chronicles.

Sefie1999AD
06-03-2006, 10:52 PM
What's wrong with making spinoff titles or sequels if they

1) are enjoyable games or movies from a customer's point of view, and
2) SE gets a lot of profit from them?

I'd say that's a good business idea that benefits both sides, the customer and the company. :p As for the Enix part ruining Square, I don't think so. I didn't really like FFX that much, but I think FFX-2 did all those things well that I disliked about FFX, and, IMHO, added a fun battle system and well designed characters. And recently, Tetsuya Nomura brought us two titles that both seem to be very good quality, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts II. Okay, FFVII DoC is supposedly quite so-so, but AFAIK, Square Enix's biggest projects were FFVII AC, KHII and FFXII anyway. I'm not totally sure about FFXII. It seems to be a very good game in some ways, but also very lacking in some areas.

The remakes, while possibly being cashing, are still probably the best versions of the game. Think about FF Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy III DS and Final Fantasy IV Advance. Final Fantasy XIII doesn't seem all that interesting, though that's just my personal opinion because I'm not overly interested in a futuristic setting. The team working on FF Versus XIII seems quite interesting, though, since many of that team worked in KH and FFVII AC.

Indeed it may feel like SE is cashing out with some of their products they're working on, but I'd say it's better to first wait until they're released and try them out before making any rushed conclusions about them. :)

PontiusPilate
06-03-2006, 11:04 PM

i agree with that! every company had its ups and downs besides we'll have to see more before we can make further judgements and besides, kh2 is an awesome game so enix is not that bad.

umm..i know X-2 is not the best but CC? it's not even out yet so we won't know if it's junk. then again..it is a compilation for ff7 and how much of taht do we have now? BC,AC, Doc, and now CC. I heard they're probably gonna make more! i like ff7 and all but i want something NEW!

CC as in Crystal Chronicles

Mirage
06-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah, so even though FFX-2 has the Square-Enix logo on it, its development started before the merger. And if you look at Star Ocean 3, the japanese version has Enix on it, while the American and European has Square-Enix on it, because there was almost two years between the Japanese and American release. Note that SO3 was only published by them, not developed.

Mirage
06-04-2006, 02:54 AM
...haven't you read my posts? The development teams are entirely separated. It does not matter what it says on the box, because the Enix side does not meddle with the developers on the Square side. KH1 was probably just finished right before the prior, so they only had time to change the box.

Hayabusa
06-04-2006, 07:51 PM
In a game it's fine but in a cinematic setting you have to adhere to the rules of gravity at least a little bit...it's not like it'll kill the storyline and it'll attract more people if some realism is added.

You've obviously haven't seen a variety of asian cinema...