PDA

View Full Version : Guile/Janus

McLovin'
06-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Could it be possible that Janus is Guile?

Since it is Another World, it could be a world where Janus didnīt get transported into 600 AD. Right?

Then Janus could have forgotten his memory or just tried not to think about it.

Then in Luccas letter she said "hes" right there reading this letter with her. So she could be talking about Guile right.

Tell me what you think...

Reeno the Alchemist
06-03-2006, 07:00 PM
nahhh i highly dout it but ya never know

Dignified Pauper
06-03-2006, 07:06 PM
now, this has been debated, and with the limited evidence given, proven false, however, i can't be asked to regurgitate information because i don't remember it at all.

Zeality
06-03-2006, 07:24 PM
As stated in the GamePro interview, Guile was going to be Magus, just as Magil was Magus in Radical Dreamers. However, as they added more characters, they felt it would be too difficult to represent his complicated story among the mix of the others, and eliminated Guile's backstory. Canonically, Guile is now an independent magician who bears a striking resemblance to Magus, who never appears in the game.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/images/wiki/c/c0/114.jpg

That was his concept art. The translations:

The truth is we made more than 2 major designs for Arf's character,
and we though it might be interesting to pursue these transitions.

This is a young magic-user version, although his space in time
influenced the story of the game to where it may have become a problem.

Here is another long haired version, but we put his hair in a ponytail
to distinguish him from Karsh.

McLovin'
06-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks, that site really helped clear a lot up.

Only thing is my head hurts really bad right now from all that reading and confusing info. :(

Sefie1999AD
06-12-2006, 08:48 PM
It's too bad Square decided not to make Guile and Janus/Magus the same person, although I think they were the same person in Radical Dreamers. Their similarities are quite noticeable, not to mention CC dropped a bit of hints about Magus searching for Kid (and Schala).