PDA

View Full Version : What's it all about, Alfie?

Chris
06-03-2006, 05:51 PM
http://common.swankmp.com/movie_titles/images/alfie.jpg

I absolutely hated the remake of the original classic from 1967. The original movie is one of the best movies ever made, but then they had to cast Jude Law in the remake as Alfie. I hate the remake, but most of all, I HATE Jude Law. What do you think about the movie Alfie? And have you've seen the original from 1967?

Zeldy
06-03-2006, 05:54 PM
I had no intention of even seeing that film, but I might now as Jude Law is so cute

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 05:55 PM
I havent seen the remake, but I loved the original. Michael Caine is Alfie, harsh story about love affairs and such, but he was an excellent character and I loved how he spoke to the camera (the audience). Divine Comedy wrote a song "Becoming More Like Alfie" that includes some dialogue from the original, excellent song!

Chris
06-03-2006, 05:57 PM
I havent seen the remake, but I loved the original. Michael Caine is Alfie, harsh story about love affairs and such, but he was an excellent character and I loved how he spoke to the camera (the audience). Divine Comedy wrote a song "Becoming More Like Alfie" that includes some dialogue from the original, excellent song!
I swear you're my lost twin! Have you've heard the original theme song "Alfie" by Dionne Warwick? She performed the original theme for the movie. Cilla Black covered the song years after, but she sucks big time.

:love:

~SapphireStar~
06-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Lol, would be wicked if we were twins Chris :D I love Dionne Warwicks version. She has such a soft, yet motherly voice. Great opening theme. Havent heard the Cilla Black one, think Im lucky!

escobert
06-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Jude Law is sezy beast!

Chris
06-03-2006, 06:10 PM
On a sidenote, you can watch Whitney Houston perform her cousin's (Dionne Warwick) classic song, Alfie, live right here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdM1-88RgRU)

:D

Cid Vicious
06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
The original was alot better but i wouldent slag off Jude Law for it. I think he had guts to take the part, and i don't think he was that bad in it.

Shiny
06-05-2006, 10:23 PM
I saw both versions of the movie. I thought the original was boring and the remake was just plain bad although more interesting than the first. I thought the only interesting thing in the movie was the character study.